Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:32 AM   #61
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What kind of airbrush set up are you using?
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2015, 09:42 PM   #62
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
guess I need to start one of the 10 I have lol
Old 10-25-2015, 02:28 AM   #63
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
razmus has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recent Work:

razmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:31 AM   #64
95_S14
Post Whore!

95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
is that the kei office s15 ?
Old 10-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #65
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

Yup. Picked up 3 kits and did 2 'street' versions. Last one will be D1 version.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #66
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
That hood looks nice!!!
Late Night Crew #1
Old 10-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #67
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Just learning as I go....

URAS ER34 on VSKF's

Rocket Bunny FRS/BRZ

MCR Factory R34 GTR

Mazdaspeed GTC Concept FD3S

Wangan / Top End style NSX

Top Secret S15
Old 10-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #68
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Kouki S14 with upgraded brakes, R34 GTR wheels, Exhaust & Rear diffuser and front mount intercooler

KPGC110 Skyline

R Tune R34 GTR

Old 10-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #69
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Vertex FD3S

RASTY S13

Veilside MKIV Supra

FC3S on Model 5's

S30Z

Vertex S15 on TE37's.

TRD N2 Levin Corolla

Did a custom livery on it.

Top Secret R34 GTR

Kunnyz JZX100

HKS Kansai Service R32 GTR

Old 10-27-2015, 10:17 AM   #70
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

Nice kits man! Looks like they got better and better. Couple rare kits too! what are you using to glue the clear parts with? What paint/clear are you using?
Old 10-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #71
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razmus View Post
Nice kits man! Looks like they got better and better. Couple rare kits too! what are you using to glue the clear parts with? What paint/clear are you using?
Paint is the only thing I can't seem to get down 100%. I used to use generic paint from Home Depot, but now I use mostly Tamiya spray cans from the hobby store and then gloss clear. I got a generic airbrush kit, but it turned out very textured, no matter how I adjusted the airbrush, so I went back to the cans. I use a paint marker for window trim and other tidbits.

For clear parts, I usually outline the edges of headlight/tail light lenses in black to make them look a little cleaner, then use Elmers since it dries clear, or dab the edges in cement very lightly.

Definitely open to whatever advice you may have.

I also have the Kei Office S15, Weld JZX100, Kunnys JZX100, Blitz ER34, HKS S15, Greddy FD3S and Team Samurai FC3S, from the D1GP series, but I don't have the pictures uploaded yet.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:06 PM   #72
95_S14
Post Whore!

you have all the kits I haven't built yet , just started my type x kit
Old 10-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #73
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
Paint is the only thing I can't seem to get down 100%. I used to use generic paint from Home Depot, but now I use mostly Tamiya spray cans from the hobby store and then gloss clear. I got a generic airbrush kit, but it turned out very textured, no matter how I adjusted the airbrush, so I went back to the cans. I use a paint marker for window trim and other tidbits.

For clear parts, I usually outline the edges of headlight/tail light lenses in black to make them look a little cleaner, then use Elmers since it dries clear, or dab the edges in cement very lightly.

Definitely open to whatever advice you may have.

I also have the Kei Office S15, Weld JZX100, Kunnys JZX100, Blitz ER34, HKS S15, Greddy FD3S and Team Samurai FC3S, from the D1GP series, but I don't have the pictures uploaded yet.
Holy Shit!!!! Those are legit kits!!!

how do you lay your primer down? Are you thinning your paints when using the air brush? Have you tried wet sanding after spraying the color coat? You can wet sand using very high grit (like 3500) to bring it to a smooth surface even before spraying clear. It will make it pop up more under clear coat. Once you spray the clear you can wetsand (again) and polish to a very nice surface.

Id HIGHLY suggest using the 10 mL bottle of tamiya X-22 clear for clear parts. Not much risk of damaging clear parts and also it cleans up rather easy. I also do the "weather strip" to the lights, turns out more realistic. You should also mask and tape off the widnow trim. Tape the area off and with a sharp knife cut around the trim. Just becarefull if its a new blade not to go too deep and scar the plastic. When done right it looks 10000X better when sprayed with semi gloss black, X-18.

I just started the Blitz R34 and since the decals are 10 years old they completely got deteroriated when in warm water

If you ever find any D1 kits, let me know!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 03:54 PM   #74
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

Also, addding panel lines adds more realism to the models. There are various methods of doing them. The way I do them is using a 0.05 MM marker. Very easy and very clean.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:58 PM   #75
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
man these are great inspiration. now I just need to get off my ass and do something these upcoming winter months.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #76
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
chato de shamrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I dont like doing panel lines on my models or RC bodies, but sometimes depending on the color, they do need it. I wonder what a model car would look like if you do the panels the same way you would for military airplanes, spraying black around all lines before applying the primer and paint.
chato de shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #77
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

Body lines add more realism to the model IMO. Some people do over kill it though. Only parts Id do would be the doors, bumpers, fenders, trunk, sideskirts. I try to do them as lights as possible as well.

Ive never tried the body lines prior to primer. Doesnt seem like a bad idea but maybe more work to clean up though??
Old 11-07-2015, 12:23 AM   #78
Felipe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
man these are great inspiration. now I just need to get off my ass and do something these upcoming winter months.

Dont Be Lazy and do it lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 11-30-2015, 02:16 AM   #79
Terry84

Trader Rating: (0)
Terry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymoreTerry84 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very precise builds. Scale building is an art.
Terry84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:35 PM   #80
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
What are you guys using to adjust the drop.
Just bought a revell camaro 01 and aoshima kranze wheels.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #81
razmus
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
What are you guys using to adjust the drop.
Just bought a revell camaro 01 and aoshima kranze wheels.
It all depends on the model. For example, on the Aoshima S-Chassis, I remove the working spring and cut the top of the bump stop so the strut can travel further up. It all depends on how the model is built. You can play with the suspesnion and have great results. Did you get the LXZs from Ebay?
Old 01-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #82
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
I got aoshima wheels thru amazon.

i'm having problems fitting these wheel with the Camaro since its a solid axle
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #83
Felipe
Post Whore!

https://youtu.be/eP_0wuegbhI

Maybe this can help
Late Night Crew #1
Old 07-03-2016, 10:36 PM   #84
95_S14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razmus View Post
Also, addding panel lines adds more realism to the models. There are various methods of doing them. The way I do them is using a 0.05 MM marker. Very easy and very clean.
What brand marker
Old 07-10-2016, 02:11 AM   #85
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
What brand marker
You can use Gunze Gundam markers or look for extra fine tip pens but the ink is less forgiving than those markers i mentioned.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #86
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Is anyone still active in the hobby? Here’s a somewhat recent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2019, 08:46 AM   #87
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
All your projects look really good. Ever do any UCF10/11? I thought I eyeballed a 20 once upon a time.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:05 PM   #88
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by chato de shamrock View Post
Is anyone still active in the hobby?

yes. very. just havent posted in a while...

i actually still have a Blitz Er34 i havent built... apperantly its worth good money now too

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:24 PM   #89
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
All your projects look really good. Ever do any UCF10/11? I thought I eyeballed a 20 once upon a time.

I have done some VIP and have this one pictured in the works; however, things have been hectic for me and the hobby has been taking a back seat. I believe i was in Los Ángeles when i first posted and since have bounced from Texas to now Georgia. In the process of moving to my own apartment. Budget and life dont have space for this hobby so progess is very slow. By the way, i have kits im trying to unload if anyone is interested. Ive priced them low but the dang post office charging almost $10 for one kit shipped. Also been out of the R/C drift scene so im going to unload that stuff too and start living an old man life lol.

Old 01-31-2019, 12:27 PM   #90
chato de shamrock
Zilvia Junkie

I built this one while in Texas. It was started when i was still in L.A. Took a few years