Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:06 PM   #8701
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
The mr2 didn't force the super car market to modernize. This isn't even a debate.
that's fine, the mr2 isn't a supercar. But I don't see how the NSX forced the supercar market to modernize, when it wasn't necessarily better than other supercars in terms of performance.

Having VTEC forced the supercar market to modernize? Couldn't you argue that the GTR,SUPRA,and RX7 did the same though despite not being supercars? If their performance began to reach supercar levels of the time, then that too could be said to "modernize" the supercar market

Just cuz the NSX is MR doesn't mean it can be compared to other supercars. This isn't even a debate
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #8702
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That you don't understand that is the entire problem.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:43 PM   #8703
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:

The problem is mr2"s are too swag for your primitive Gallic sensibilities.

It's official, NSX"s are for subhumans.

You"re all a bunch of mr2 hating plebs
Old 03-27-2016, 12:30 AM   #8704
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
The Future RWD Coupes Thread

Quote:

Basically this.

I thought about arguing but realized it's like telling a blind man why red lipstick looks better then green.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:09 AM   #8705
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
that's fine, the mr2 isn't a supercar. But I don't see how the NSX forced the supercar market to modernize, when it wasn't necessarily better than other supercars in terms of performance.

Having VTEC forced the supercar market to modernize? Couldn't you argue that the GTR,SUPRA,and RX7 did the same though despite not being supercars? If their performance began to reach supercar levels of the time, then that too could be said to "modernize" the supercar market

Just cuz the NSX is MR doesn't mean it can be compared to other supercars. This isn't even a debate
The Supra and RX7 were responses to the Z32, not trend setters, and none of them were supercars. The NSX was something different altogether.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #8706
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
The Supra and RX7 were responses to the Z32, not trend setters, and none of them were supercars. The NSX was something different altogether.

I mean I did mention that they weren't super cars, only that power and tech advances in them would do just as much to modernize the super car market as an NSX would.

No one has really explained why they think the NSX "modernized" the super car market. If you look at super cars of the time they put down more power and outperformed the NSX overall.

If you guys actually give reasons other than "stop being so blind bro", maybe I might see why you think the NSX is so great
Old 03-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #8707
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
blah blah blah

The MR2 is Toyotas Fiero. Period. It's a FF car flipped backwards to make a MR Miata. Even in turbo guise the 3SGTE is not ground breaking being a typical 2L turbo like the SR and 4G63.

You need to educate your self on the NSX. It truly is a super car and it did change the worlds expectations from super cars.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

It did to the market in 1990 what the Porsche 911 Turbo did back in the 70's.

The NSX could be bought at a dealer, driven by the owner every day like a normal car and only be taken back to the dealer for oil changes and periodic maintenance.

The NSX had that edgy exotic styling, exotic hi-strung race motor, bleeding edge suspension and material designs and fantastic interior.

This was a time when super cars like the 911, Lotus, Ferrari and Lambo where all hand built, relied on 1970's technology and required you to have an expensive mechanic with a pager on speed dial.

These cars felt very much like kit cars. Ferrari and Lambo where renown for reliability and production quality issues. Engines needed constant "engine-out" services, cars had to be warmed at idle before they could be driven, valves needed adjustment every 5k miles etc.

The 1990 348 made 291hp and weighted 3,071lbs.

The 1990 NSX made 270hp, weighted 3,009lbs and cost quite a bit less.

The 348's interior was right out of the 80's and ergonomics was not even a consideration. The gated shifter is required so you don't destroy the fragile transmission.

NSX by comparison had a thoughtfully laid out modern interior.

For comparison,

1990 Diablo

1990 Lotus Esprite

1990 Masarati Biturbo

1990 Aston Martin Vantage

1990 Porsche 964

For comparison, the 1976 930 interior.

Essentially the NSX became the first modern super car. Ferrari would not have a comparable modern MR car until the 360 was launched in 1999. Porsche's first modern 911 was the 996 in 1999 as well. For Lamborghini it was the Gallardo in 2004.

In 2001 the Series-2 Elise was Lotus's first modern car that could meet world crash and emission standards while also offering daily driver reliability.

The Elise is more comparable to a Boxster, MRS or Miata however. It's styling and name is what leads people to think of it as an exotic.

The SW20 was also a twitchy-ass car that is not remotely on the same plane as the NSX or other super cars in the handling department. Is it light and nimble? Sure. But so is a S13, Miata and CRX.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:16 AM   #8708
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

They where evolutions upon themselves. The MK3 Supra already had a 1JZ and 280hp in Japan. The MK4 was the next evolution.

Nissan was just a few years ahead of Toyota in terms of generations.

The Z31 came out in 1983, while the MK3 and FC debuted in 1986. It only makes sense their replacements came out 3 years after the Z31's.

The FD continued Mazdas love of the Rotary and light weight nimble cars. The Supra and 300ZX are both powerful bruisers in comparison.

The NSX clearly had its eyes on the 328/348 Ferrari and the European Exotics of the time.

The Supra and 300ZX are Japan's Corvettes. RX7 was Mazdas Porsche 944/968.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #8709
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Intelligent Corbic Noises
Well corbic did a good job of explaining how the NSX was more modern then other cars it can be compared to.

I still stand by MR2's being a much better car for the amount of money one spends, and the result acquired. It's not like SW20's were using 80's interiors either. The NSX can last high miles for a supercar, but it's not going to last as long as an MR2 without needing more complicated servicing. MR2's aren't supposed to be supercars, I think I've said that before, but for what you got and still get, they're are probably the best MR car out there, and one that is attainable and more easily mod-able than any of its contemporaries.

Not trying to act like the MR2 was superior to the NSX in stock form or anything as such. I'm saying that as far as simplicity, mod-ability, reliability, and attainability, the MR2 is a better choice as an MR vehicle for a much larger demographic of enthusiasts.

NSX can be what revolutionized supercars or whatever, because it is a supercar and from what corbic said it was quite a good one at that. As a supercar yes it compares well to supercars, but as a car that you or I could own and have fun with. It is in no way superior to an MR2 as far as being a car you can drive a bunch,it isn't going to ever surpass the MR2 as it is to much more expensive to work with and It's image means more.

The NSX is a symbol, and obviously means more to you older people for being what it was with Senna, supercars and Gran Turismo or whatever. For me, who does not have this generational bias, I admire the MR2 more for what it physically and financially offers. In other words, what the NSX did in 1991 and all that hype means a lot less to me.

An MR2 is a car, and one that offers things an NSX can't. Namely being the only Japanese MR car available that can be made great by your average enthusiast.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:02 PM   #8710
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well corbic did a good job of explaining how the NSX was more modern then other cars it can be compared to.
It did more then that. It completely changed people's expectations. No longer was "cause super/race car" an acceptable excuse.

Quote:
I still stand by MR2's being a much better car for the amount of money one spends, and the result acquired.
That's a stupid ass argument and you know it. 240sx is a better car then the SW20 for what one spends and results acquired.

Quote:
It's not like SW20's were using 80's interiors either.
So what? Do you equally argue that a Feiro is superior to a Testarossa or a Delorian is better then a Countach?

Quote:
The NSX can last high miles for a supercar, but it's not going to last as long as an MR2 without needing more complicated servicing.

What "complicated service" does an NSX need? If you want to make that argument you need to cite some facts. As for longevity, a Civic Ex will outlast a MR2 and does not require complicated services...

Quote:
MR2's aren't supposed to be supercars, I think I've said that before, but for what you got and still get, they're are probably the best MR car out there, and one that is attainable and more easily mod-able than any of its contemporaries.
I disagree. The SW20 has twitchy compromised suspension. A good MR car should not suffer Rear-engine style snap over steer. That's the whole point of being MR is to have neutral handling.

The 986 Boxster is just as affordable and likely easier to work on. Parts are dirt cheap and easily accessible too. You can find hundreds of quality used parts being sold on eBay from professional part outs. SW20 shits long gone.

Boxster is a better handling car, period. It's Achilles heel is the IMS failure, but for $700 a DIY mechanic can fix that forever. The car is simpler to work on then a 240sx and very well thought out. I had my trans mission out and swapped in an afternoon. For the 240, I had to pull the whole fucking engine.

Power? Your missing the point if your worried about who can make 500whp the easiest. Lots of engine swap options for the Boxster since it's a VAG bolt pattern. 4.2 V8, 3.2, 3.6 H6, VR6, 2.7TT V6, 1.8T and 2.0T.

NSX has turbo and supercharged options as well. Owners just tend to be older, more mature and wanting that screamer sports bike Honda experience.

If I owned an NSX, is want a ITB 9,500 RPM screamer.

Quote:
Not trying to act like the MR2 was superior to the NSX in stock form or anything as such. I'm saying that as far as simplicity, mod-ability, reliability, and attainability, the MR2 is a better choice as an MR vehicle for a much larger demographic of enthusiasts. .
Because - Poverty

Quote:
NSX can be what revolutionized supercars or whatever, because it is a supercar and from what corbic said it was quite a good one at that. As a supercar yes it compares well to supercars, but as a car that you or I could own and have fun with. It is in no way superior to an Feiro as far as being a car you can drive a bunch,it isn't going to ever surpass the Feiro as it is to much more expensive to work with and It's image means more.
See what I did there? Your argument is flawed. You think because the SW20 is MR it's immediately comparable to other MR cars.

It's not. It's Toyotas Feiro. There is also the Fiat X1, Porsche 914, and a whole host of weird shitty Japanese MR cars. Mercedes Smart Car is MR.

The SW20 had some shitty geometry and did not drive or handle better then a RX7 or Miata. Toyota corrected this in the MRS. But the MRS was butt ugly and could barely compete with the less expensive Miata. The MRS got blasted in reviews and most would pick the more stylish Celica GTS over it.

Being MR is not a "get out of jail free" or "instant super car" trick. Nobody but swings the Fiero. (Fieros can easily be built to destroy most 80's cars however)

Quote:
The NSX is a symbol, and obviously means more to you older people for being what it was with Senna, supercars and Gran Turismo or whatever. For me, who does not have this generational bias, I admire the MR2 more for what it physically and financially offers. In other words, what the NSX did in 1991 and all that hype means a lot less to me.
What hype? The NSX has historically been undervalued. Young people like you can't afford one and the rich rather chase name plates and hype.

The SW20 is pretty much a POS as far as I'm concerned. It offers nothing over an Evo, GSX, 240SX or Miata.

It's Mid-engine, so what? It doesn't out handle its FF and FR rivals. It's not easier to work on or less expensive hen a Miata, CRX, Civic Si, RX7 or 240sx. It doesn't make more power then a 300ZX or Supra.

Quote:
A Mustang is a car, and one that offers things an NSX can't. Namely being the only truly badass car available that can be made great by your average enthusiast.
Fixed that for you.

Your argument all hinges on the whole MR-thing.

Fiero GT can actually be built into an extremely bad ass car and looks far more "Ferrari" then an MR2. It's also riding a better, more super-car, chassis.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #8711
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

Your argument all hinges on the whole MR-thing.
Because I was comparing it to any other MR car out there?Because the argument was about MR cars?

Never said the MR2 was better than the 240sx/NSX/EVO or anything else. I said that if you want to build an MR car for the sake of building an MR car, it is the best out there. There's a reason I own 3 240's, and that is because it is a much better/easier to work with car. If the opposite was the case, I would own 3 mr2's.

If I was to build an MR car I would build an MR2, I am fully convinced of that.

As for the snap oversteer, that was remedied by fixing the rear arms in 93+ models. Even then, I owned a 92, snap oversteer is very real, but anyone who has driven that car for a long time knows how to work around it/eliminate it. It is the fact that it takes learned boundaries to master its driving that increase the cars appeal to me.

Fiero sucks, won't even touch on those POS cars. To put it in Jeremy Clarkson terms, a Fiero isn't a poor mans ferrari, it is a poor mans MR2.

As for the boxster, it is in no way going to be cheaper to build then an MR2 period
Just because there are "some places" that know how to part them out" doesn't mean they would ever hope to be as cheap to build or as easy to work with as an MR2. Even though it is a low model, it still suffers from that "oh shit it's a porsche!" tax. Not only that but it will have worse build quality and parts availability than an MR2. The MR2 shares parts or can have parts swapped into it, from literally every other FWD toyota model of the 1990's.

The porsche can't beat the mr2 for ease of maintenance/modification either, because it uses annoying as fuck horizontally opposed engines.

When the words ease of work done come to mind, Euro cars are not what people think of dude.

Not even gonna argue that mustang bullshit, you damned playstation loving, goth fucking, sunabitch
Old 03-27-2016, 03:45 PM   #8712
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
....As for the snap oversteer, that was remedied by fixing the rear arms in 93+ models. Even then, I owned a 92, snap oversteer is very real, but anyone who has driven that car for a long time knows how to work around it/eliminate it. It is the fact that it takes learned boundaries to master its driving that increase the cars appeal to me....
I remember the days when I owned ST185s and I recall watching tons of youtube videos of mr2 owners that "has driven that car for a long time" and still don't know how to work around or eliminate snap oversteer. Most recent vids about this amazing feature of the mr2 were from a few months ago too.

I think you're fighting an uphill battle here. My two oldest brothers have seen the light themselves which some day you will as well, they've both sold both of their mr2 turbo's and one drives an M3 and the other drives a 3000GT VR4 now.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #8713
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Because I was comparing it to any other MR car out there?Because the argument was about MR cars?
You actually state several times it's better, cheaper and faster and the only thing the NSX has going for it is hype.

Quote:
Never said the MR2 was better than the 240sx/NSX/EVO or anything else. I said that if you want to build an MR car for the sake of building an MR car, it is the best out there.
Except it's not.

Quote:
There's a reason I own 3 240's,
Brain damage?

Quote:
and that is because it is a much better/easier to work with car. If the opposite was the case, I would own 3 mr2's.
So you don't own a car you like better because you are... a pussy?

Every car out there has its own challenges and idiosyncrasies. People own and love them despite those challenges. I honestly find the "ease of working on" an excuse since most challenging jobs on particular cars are "a once in a life time" kinda thing.

Terminators Alternator replacement is an entire weekend ordeal. You do that once every five years... It's not a deal breaker.

Quote:
If I was to build an MR car I would build an MR2, I am fully convinced of that.h
Good for you.

Quote:
As for the snap oversteer, that was remedied by fixing the rear arms in 93+ models. Even then, I owned a 92, snap oversteer is very real, but anyone who has driven that car for a long time knows how to work around it/eliminate it.
Then what the fuck is the point of it being MR? Is it so you can pretend you own a Ferrari or NSX?

All you've done so far is convince me the MR2 is not as good as a 240sx, but it's like the slower, lamer poor-mans shitty handling NSX....

The entire point of the MR layout is to offer the ultimate in neutral handing characteristics. If it can't do that then you might as well have a FR-Mid Engine car like an RX7, S2000 or Corvette.

Quote:
It is the fact that it takes learned boundaries to master its driving that increase the cars appeal to me.
Stupid argument.

Quote:
Fiero sucks, won't even touch on those POS cars. To put it in Jeremy Clarkson terms, a Fiero isn't a poor mans ferrari, it is a poor mans MR2.
Ignorance is bliss...

Quote:
As for the boxster, it is in no way going to be cheaper to build then an MR2 period

Just because there are "some places" that know how to part them out" doesn't mean they would ever hope to be as cheap to build or as easy to work with as an MR2.
Back to that brain trauma theory. Ever work on a Boxster? I have.

Quote:
Even though it is a low model, it still suffers from that "oh shit it's a porsche!" tax.
Really? Got proof? I replaced my entire transmission for $150. Did Stop Tech brake pads and sensors for $75 and a new MAF for $55. Oil filters are like $9.

Fuck used 2.5 engines are $2k these days.

Quote:
Not only that but it will have worse build quality and parts availability than an MR2.
And that is a bold face lie.

Quote:
The MR2 shares parts or can have parts swapped into it, from literally every other FWD toyota model of the 1990's.
Yup because a Boxster is totally not a parts bin car using 996 and VAG parts.

Quote:
The porsche can't beat the mr2 for ease of maintenance/modification either, because it uses annoying as fuck horizontally opposed engines.
Have you ever actually even touched a Boxster? You do realize it has 3 engine panels that when removed make everything more accessible then any FR or FF car... Right?

You have to Jack the car up to change the plugs.... Oh Noes!!

Quote:
When the words ease of work done come to mind, Euro cars are not what people think of dude.
Stupid is as stupid does?

Quote:
Not even gonna argue that mustang bullshit, you damned playstation loving, goth fucking, sunabitch

So just so we are clear.

You think Game Cube is the best console ever.

The MR2 is better then the NSX.

You live your life by one preconceived notion after another.

You hate suicide girls, which I'm pretty sure has been considered an admission of homosexuality since 2009.

This is why everyone was laughing at you and unwilling to give you an actual reason.

You don't have any experience or knowledge regarding cars like the NSX, Feiro or Boxster. So you just make assumptions and swing away because you once owned an MR2 and thought it was awesome.

The NSX is an amazing car. Its decline was simply Honda refused to update it because of the sports car crash in the mid-90's. It became very antiquated by the time it became extinct. Same thing happened to the S2k, 370z and will happen to the GTR.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #8714
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
You actually state several times it's better, cheaper and faster and the only thing the NSX has going for it is hype.
It's all those things when modified.

Quote:
So you don't own a car you like better because you are... a pussy?
I own an MR2, you own a boxster?

Quote:
Really? Got proof? I replaced my entire transmission for $150. Did Stop Tech brake pads and sensors for $75 and a new MAF for $55. Oil filters are like $9.
Fuck used 2.5 engines are $2k these days.
As are literally all the same components listed for an MR2, if not cheaper.

Quote:
And that is a bold face lie.
Vehicle dependability studies would say otherwise, but we have already seen you disregard them.

Quote:
Yup because a Boxster is totally not a parts bin car using 996 and VAG parts.
As I said, basically all FWD toyota's out there. There are much more FWD toyota's/toyota parts than available porsche's/porsche parts.

Quote:
You have to Jack the car up to change the plugs.... Oh Noes!!
Yes,Any minuscule amount of extra work is still more of a pain in the ass

Quote:
You think Game Cube is the best console ever.
Because it is, as it has my blessing

Quote:
The MR2 is better then the NSX.
With mods it would be better performer than a stock NSX, yes. It would also do that for significantly less money, then and now.

Quote:
You live your life by one preconceived notion after another.
As does yourself with the assumption that you yourself are self-aware, and can make logical decisions relative to my own character and experience, despite lacking familiarity with myself.

Quote:
You hate suicide girls, which I'm pretty sure has been considered an admission of homosexuality since 2009.
Nah Bruh, just don't settle for them thick thighs

Quote:
This is why everyone was laughing at you and unwilling to give you an actual reason.
I'm used to people laughing at me for sure, but to be honest they haven't given good reasons because their "actual" reasons are based on their own personal opinions,assumptions,bias,and "preconceived notions". A car and driver article isn't necessarily an end all be all "reason". It was a good example though, I'll give you that.

Quote:
You don't have any experience or knowledge regarding cars like the NSX, Feiro or Boxster. So you just make assumptions and swing away because you once owned an MR2 and thought it was awesome.
You've owned every single one of these cars ?

I also kinda find it funny that a person ragging on cars for being the "cheaper poor man's stuff" is the same one unwilling to drop coin on a new clutch, but hey whatever man.

I'll keep going, I literally have nothing better to do in between my studies so....

Also to be fair I'm not the one who brought this up again, it was florida. I did my best to change the subject with what a shame it was that nissan is being so shitty
Old 03-27-2016, 05:30 PM   #8715
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
giberish

When the whole world tells you 2+2 = 4, maybe it really my does.

Quote:
You've owned every single one of these cars ?

I also kinda find it funny that a person ragging on cars for being the "cheaper poor man's stuff" is the same one unwilling to drop coin on a new clutch, but hey whatever man.

I've owned a crapped ton of cars. Like most young people, your self included, I had limited experience in knowing what I wanted and what was good.

I've also spent countless hours and days researching and wanting various cars only to loose interest or realize it's not what I want. Or it had one flaw the bugs the shit out of me.
(Frames Doors on the SC300 for example).

I wanted an MR2 back in 2003-04. After endless reading and driving 4-5 of them I realized they are not even close to what I want. As I've stated many time, the MR factor is a complete gimmick. I would recommend someone buy an RX7 or Delsol instead.

As for the clutch. Go read anything I post. It generally reeks of disdain for the 240sx and waxes poetically about Mustangs.

I'm constantly on the fence over selling the crap box or dumping more money into it.

If I had a crystal ball and knew I'd keep it another 5 years, $400 and new clutch.

If I finally say fuck it and sell, well that was a waste of $400.

Selling a 240sx means there is no difference in a new clutch, one with a ten thousand miles left and one that's on the verge of going out any day now.

Quote:
I'll keep going, I literally have nothing better to do in between my studies so....
Or spend that time researching the NSX. Go over to NSXprime and learn more.

Lots of cars require actual knowledge about them to understand why they are desirable.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #8716
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
When the whole world tells you 2+2 = 4, maybe it really my does.
The whole world of 31 year olds, french people, and floridians of the Future RWD coupes thread.

Quote:
As for the clutch. Go read anything I post. It generally reeks of disdain for the 240sx and waxes poetically about Mustangs.
Oh God! you're right! how could I have missed this.

Quote:
Selling a 240sx means there is no difference in a new clutch, one with a ten thousand miles left and one that's on the verge of going out any day now.
so in that case why ask which clutch looked better if it doesn't matter, and you're gonna sell it..........

I would say you should sell, but I bet you have been saying that for a while.
You love the 240sx don't lie corbic
Seriously though, if you actually sold it would remove a lot of you reasons to be here, and then I would have no one to rag on for their love of mustangs. Don't really know if that would be a good thing.

You should keep your 240, all it wants to do is love you corbic, you're just too heartless
Quote:
Or spend that time researching the NSX. Go over to NSXprime and learn more.

Lots of cars require actual knowledge about them to understand why they are desirable.
http://www.mr2oc.com/
Old 03-27-2016, 09:26 PM   #8717
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
why do these arguments always have to turn into name calling? you guys have different opinions, cool. so do a lot of people.

a teacher at my school had this awesome set of rules or flow chart titled "our discussion"

discussions are a dialog between people in which the participants are willing to alter their position if it makes sense to do so. sometimes people confuse discussion with sermon or lecture. the non discussions are a waste of time since all parties are intractable in their existing views
1st spot said, "can you envision anything that will change your mind on this topic?" yes = move on to next box, no = this is not a discussion, I will not talk to you about this topic.
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:21 PM   #8718
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob's S14 View Post
why do these arguments always have to turn into name calling?
because zilvia...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:05 PM   #8719
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
because zilvia...

Because Humanity.

There will always be conflict.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:30 AM   #8720
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That was indeed a ridiculous argument.

The premise was ridiculous from the start. Apples and oranges. Comparing the MR2 to an NSX is like comparing the Mustang GT350 with a Fiesta ST.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:05 AM   #8721
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob's S14 View Post
why do these arguments always have to turn into name calling? you guys have different opinions, cool. so do a lot of people.

Quote:
Because Humanity.

There will always be conflict.
very deep cuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

The premise was ridiculous from the start. Apples and oranges. Comparing the MR2 to an NSX is like comparing the Mustang GT350 with a Fiesta ST.
but.....but.....but.. MR2's

Sorry for taking up a page with bullshit, I will try to avoid saying things that could potentially become a me vs corbic dick measuring contest (my dick is bigger btw)
Old 03-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #8722
Rob's S14
Zilvia FREAK!

Rob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfectionRob's S14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Rob's S14
i can't remember if it was tosh a long time ago or someone else. but don't apples and oranges have quite a bit in common. both fruits, roundish, on trees etc...shouldn't there be a better example where the two things have absolutely nothing in common.
Rob's S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:56 AM   #8723
CaliforniaMayhem
Zilvia Junkie

CaliforniaMayhem is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure where the future of RWD coupes will be but....the future of this thread will be death if you guy's can't get off it. Maybe just pm eachother your wankers and be done with it.

Maybe it's my age group or my mindset but currently, for me, the future of this genre is older cars.

The only chassis I want to play in and modify (for now) are s13, s2000, or e36 m3 (euro spec motor anyone?).

Mostly just the 240 because it's not an arm and a leg for me but...as i build a motor maybe it is a few limbs of cost.

I couldn't even justify the expense of a $30+k for a sport car. I'd rather use the money on a downpayment towards a house/condo/property, a full size suv/truck/ awd wagon. With electric vehicles, hybrids, and the push to be off fossil fuels how long can our love for petroleum cars go? I don't know but I'm still building mine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
CaliforniaMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #8724
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Hey now...the Fiesta ST is actually a fun little car (btw im not mad or starting an argument)

To get back on topic, not sure if this was mentioned, but the rumor is that the Miata RF adds 200 pounds to the car. I'm actually not mad at that since modifications can be made to the car to compensate for the additional weight. Also the car looks amazing.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #8725
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Hey now...the Fiesta ST is actually a fun little car (btw im not mad or starting an argument)

To get back on topic, not sure if this was mentioned, but the rumor is that the Miata RF adds 200 pounds to the car. I'm actually not mad at that since modifications can be made to the car to compensate for the additional weight. Also the car looks amazing.
Agreed. Just now concerned about what the premium would be for the RF trim.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:36 AM   #8726
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
What it boils down to is that the mr2 is a fine tuner car and damn near the only MR in the category, while the nsx has a relation to tuner cars based solely on it's manufacturer.

It's totally cool to have a favorite. It's 100% to have one that is better for you.

If you want to get into objective fact they are on different plains altogether. One is a backwards economy car and the other was possibly the first all aluminum mass produced car.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #8727
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Holy shit, haha.

The only thing I'm gonna add is that the Boxster, and newer Porsches in general, get a fantastic reliability rating, or par or even better than companies like Honda, Toyota, etc. I've never owned one but I would guess that some parts probably do tend to cost more but if it almost never breaks, that doesn't really matter. I was looking at them at the same time as S2000's because they were so much cheaper. While I didn't like the styling of them, it was hard not to make an argument for them based on their quality and low cost.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #8728
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

Oh it absolutely is. But comparing it to a GT350 is pretty silly. Everyone would agree with that. That's my point.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #8729
hockeyplaye8511

hockeyplaye8511 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Holy shit, haha.

The only thing I'm gonna add is that the Boxster, and newer Porsches in general, get a fantastic reliability rating, or par or even better than companies like Honda, Toyota, etc. I've never owned one but I would guess that some parts probably do tend to cost more but if it almost never breaks, that doesn't really matter. I was looking at them at the same time as S2000's because they were so much cheaper. While I didn't like the styling of them, it was hard not to make an argument for them based on their quality and low cost.
Not sure how you can make that argument with the IMS failure being an issue up to models in 2008
hockeyplaye8511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #8730
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaye8511 View Post
Not sure how you can make that argument with the IMS failure being an issue up to models in 2008
Pretty much every car has one or two design flaws somewhere that have to be worked out. Buy one that has already had the repair done and you're good for quite some time. One problem does not a crappy car make.