Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
Project3328
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Project3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Aerocatch Hood Pin Install

Its pretty straight forward and very easy..

I know QV did a write up on Nico but his shit was gay.. talkin about baby powder and shit for ur arms lol..

First find the desired location of where u want to mount the hood pins.. The narrow end shud be towards the front of the car. Also, make sure that there is somewhere for the bolt that locks into the Aerocatch to mount, like the radiator support. Then pull out the stencil and apply it to the hood with tape or just hold it with ur hand and use a pen or something to scratch the lines of where ull be cutting. Then cut the hole out. If u cut perfect the Aerocatch will fit perfectly. Now on the bottom of the hood there will be the skeleton. U need to cut this part out just enough to be able to fit the 6 screws that will hold the unit down.. make sure when cutting the skeleton u dont accidentally go through the hood. Heres the pics. Easy right?

done!

Last edited by Project3328; 12-28-2007 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: pics
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2007, 12:52 AM   #2
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
very nice writeup, but its lacking detail
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

Old 12-29-2007, 01:14 AM   #3
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
And lacking steps.

And how to do shit.

And pretty much everything.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #4
Project3328
Zilvia Addict

Project3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud of
its not that hard.. i have more pics.. sorry lol
Old 12-29-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
vutony
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (145)
vutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 145 reviews
4th down, lol....ur lame pat

its really easy and straight forward
took about an hour or so
Old 12-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I've been shown time and time again how to do this, but I'm still to chicken shit to cut my hood. I rather take it some shop so if they fuck it up they pay for it and not me.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 12-29-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
Project3328
Zilvia Addict

haha true i was so nervous.. i kept telling vutony.. "dude if i mess up im fu**ed lol"

but its actually very very easy. u can even cut smaller and sand ur way out to the stenciled line if it makes u feel better with a small sanding wheel for the dremil
Old 12-29-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
oh and I had a question about these latches. I've been wanting to get these, but I've been reading mixed things on which ones I need. Though most are telling me I'll have to use the ones pictured in this thread. The ones I actually want to use are the ones that sit flush with the hood because I just feel they look better.

are we only limited to the one pictured though? that's cool and all, but if I am able to buy the ones I actually want without any problems then I might as well buy those.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD