Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-01-2020, 10:36 AM   #23551
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Can someone measure their Z32 front conversion lines for S14? I’m reading 9” length, but is that hose end to hose end or fitting end to fitting end. Thank you
Old 12-01-2020, 11:17 AM   #23552
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Can someone measure their Z32 front conversion lines for S14? I?m reading 9? length, but is that hose end to hose end or fitting end to fitting end. Thank you
9" might be how long the rear lines are, but that's way too short for front lines. Only spent a few minutes searching, but the only thing I found that even shows a 9" measurement is an old FRSPORT listing. That measurement actually looks like the size of the box, not the length of hose. Are you trying to have your own hoses made, or verify you have correct parts?
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:25 AM   #23553
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
9" might be how long the rear lines are, but that's way too short for front lines. Only spent a few minutes searching, but the only thing I found that even shows a 9" measurement is an old FRSPORT listing. That measurement actually looks like the size of the box, not the length of hose. Are you trying to have your own hoses made, or verify you have correct parts?
My thoughts exactly, seemed very short. I?m doing a ctsv swap but I can use z32 lines. Just was gonna go to my local hose man but wanted the proper measurement. Wanted length of the actual length from fitting end to end.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:06 PM   #23554
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Has anyone ever swindled rock auto on a core refund? Specifically giving stock S13 calipers for Z32 units. I bet if the receiving employee doesn't get paid enough they will see calipers and be like "ok good". Could potentially get some super cheap Z32 units.

I can't comment on the hose length, but fishysilvia's Q made me think to ask something that's been on my mind. Apologies ahead of time if anyone thinks this is unethical, I'd rather pull this move on Autozone than Rock, but I kindof trust Rock auto to get the 30/26mm distinction more accurate and I'd trust a raybestos rebuild over Duralast.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:51 PM   #23555
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Has anyone ever swindled rock auto on a core refund? Specifically giving stock S13 calipers for Z32 units. I bet if the receiving employee doesn't get paid enough they will see calipers and be like "ok good". Could potentially get some super cheap Z32 units.

I can't comment on the hose length, but fishysilvia's Q made me think to ask something that's been on my mind. Apologies ahead of time if anyone thinks this is unethical, I'd rather pull this move on Autozone than Rock, but I kindof trust Rock auto to get the 30/26mm distinction more accurate and I'd trust a raybestos rebuild over Duralast.

Autozone doesnt give a shit what core is in the box. Aslong as its the same part..caliper for caliper, alternator for alternator, etc...thats it

I wouldnt tryn rockauto for the fact if they have an issue i bet they wouldnt send back the core calipers lol.
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 04:01 PM   #23556
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Autozone doesnt give a shit what core is in the box. Aslong as its the same part..caliper for caliper, alternator for alternator, etc...thats it

I wouldnt tryn rockauto for the fact if they have an issue i bet they wouldnt send back the core calipers lol.
I have no doubts it would go right through and wouldn't think twice about fucking over AZ, Advance, etc. Rockauto is just cheaper, less likely to be wrong (in my experience dealing with them and parts stores extensively). I also have a good amount of dicked S13 calipers lol.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:31 PM   #23557
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Well give it a shot
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 02:12 AM   #23558
DatCamber
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
DatCamber is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Getting rid of my sealed beams on my new chassis. Raybrig H4 or Hella H4? Which is better?
DatCamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #23559
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatCamber View Post
Getting rid of my sealed beams on my new chassis. Raybrig H4 or Hella H4? Which is better?
If you want to be able to see well, Hella. If you want a cool looking headlight, Raybrig.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:23 PM   #23560
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Has anyone ever swindled rock auto on a core refund? Specifically giving stock S13 calipers for Z32 units. I bet if the receiving employee doesn't get paid enough they will see calipers and be like "ok good". Could potentially get some super cheap Z32 units..
This is how parts become unavailable down the road when the companies decide to quit doing remans since they don't get the correct cores back...
At least get some old blown leaky z32's to send in so someone else down the road has a chance to order some.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:00 PM   #23561
surisdziugas

Trader Rating: (0)
surisdziugas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone got a picture of stock r33 wheels on an s13 with stock fenders (no roll/pull)?

Or would anyone know what fitment would I be looking at?

My goal would be to preserve stock arches (in the back) or at worst roll them flat, not sure if it would be possible without achieving a small pull as a side effect from rolling.

Planning on running BC coilovers.

Thanks for the responses.
surisdziugas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #23562
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto

hes running a 215/45 up front, and a 235/40 in the rear. he has a 5mm spacer up front. If you need more reference, just look up any 17x9+30 wheel fitment on rimtuck.com
Old 12-17-2020, 01:32 PM   #23563
surisdziugas

surisdziugas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post

hes running a 215/45 up front, and a 235/40 in the rear. he has a 5mm spacer up front. If you need more reference, just look up any 17x9+30 wheel fitment on rimtuck.com
Thanks for the quick reply! Would you know if the arches are rolled or completely stock, hard to tell from the picture. I will check out rimtuck. Thanks
surisdziugas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #23564
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
not sure on that one. from the looks of it, you may be able to get away with keeping the rear stock, and the fronts may have the inner lip folded in. I'm sure someone else will chime in, it's a popular enough setup that someone here with firsthand experience will let you know.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:33 AM   #23565
Silv1401
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silv1401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can anyone confirm that the 97-98 Kouki wiring harness connector for the ecu is the same style for both the KA24 and the SR20? I know the pins are different, but is the physical plastic connector the same across both engines? I tried a lot of searches but was only getting zenki to kouki engine swap results.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Silv1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:03 PM   #23566
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silv1401 View Post
Can anyone confirm that the 97-98 Kouki wiring harness connector for the ecu is the same style for both the KA24 and the SR20? I know the pins are different, but is the physical plastic connector the same across both engines? I tried a lot of searches but was only getting zenki to kouki engine swap results.

The OBD2 KA ecu connector is completely different than the SR connector.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:20 PM   #23567
3NDLESS
Leaky Injector

3NDLESS is an unknown quantity at this point

Single cam KA -
Two wires that are loomed with alternator harness. Nothing concrete from wiring diagram. EGR solenoid valve (solenoid that is below intake plenum and gets vacuum from hose top of throttle body) is missing its plug, need confirmation if that's where it goes.
//Looks like those two wires are for power steering pressure sensor.
//egr sol valve is brown + light green wires

I'm also assuming egr solenoid valve controls the vacuum going to egr but since its not electronically connected does that mean the egr is just running on atmospheric vacuum? If so, cruising fwy speeds egr doesn't open any more than atmo.?

Last edited by 3NDLESS; 12-23-2020 at 11:07 PM..
3NDLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:03 PM   #23568
Silv1401
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silv1401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
My thoughts exactly, seemed very short. I?m doing a ctsv swap but I can use z32 lines. Just was gonna go to my local hose man but wanted the proper measurement. Wanted length of the actual length from fitting end to end.
Might save you a headache. Are you doing the 6-pot or 4-pot fronts? I did the 6-pot fronts, and everywhere I read said to use Z32 brake lines, but both the front & rear calipers used banjo fittings. There is nowhere on the 2nd gen calipers for the z32 compression fittings to actually stop & seal up. Not sure if the first gens are different, I doubt it. However, you can actually use 240sx brake lines, as they are banjos and have the same thread pattern?that's what I did.

IMO I would just get some braided replacement lines, so you get the piece that clips the line in place against the shock housing.
Silv1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #23569
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
180k mile s14 Ka24de good compression

I will be putting a t28 with 7-10psi on this car.

Oil: Currently use 10w30 Castrol GTX conventional. Can I continue using this oil or should I switch to the synthetic version?

What do I do with this hose? I believe it is the PAIR vacuum line and connects to the throttle body?

Do I just cap it off?

EGR parts will remain in place except the EGR tube will be capped off.

Where is the ideal source for BOV and Boost Gauge?
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:41 AM   #23570
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
So I'm getting (open) diff seals changed cause they are all leaking.
Anyone recommend synthetic or should I stick with regular.
Daily driver with spirited driving.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:59 AM   #23571
TheVinylKingz
Leaky Injector

TheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura about
Seriously why bother buying put a down payment on a house!!

Are s13 & s14 really selling for 10K plus??? You got to be dumb as fuck to buy a salvage title s14 for 7k let alone for $10-13K !

What are your thoughts??
Old 01-01-2021, 03:57 PM   #23572
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylKingz View Post
Are s13 & s14 really selling for 10K plus??? You got to be dumb as fuck to buy a salvage title s14 for 7k let alone for $10-13K !

What are your thoughts??
the 240sx scene saw that bone stock S13 zenki hatch sell for $30k+ and now everyone thinks their beat to death s-chassis is worth huge amounts of money. i kinda got into it with a seller on FB. dude wanted $8000 for a clapped out hatch that had an SR in it with a load of ISR parts... he decided to call me "old man" and proceeded to tell me that i dont know what im talking about.

like, if your car is nicely built and well kept, its one thing to ask a pretty penny for it because that asking price is justified... but asking $8000-$10,000 for something that looks like it went thru a cement mixer and is littered with nothing but low end quality parts, yeah... just no

we do live in very strange times.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:33 PM   #23573
TheVinylKingz
Leaky Injector

TheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down Let?s make better choices!!! S14 S13 owners and future owners!!

I?m not hating, but I really think some people think there s14 specially will sell
For $13,000 (reality check), I?ll spell it; ?Thirteen Thousand Dollars?; on a salvage title that will not pass smog in CALIFORNIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the 240sx scene saw that bone stock S13 zenki hatch sell for $30k+ and now everyone thinks their beat to death s-chassis is worth huge amounts of money. i kinda got into it with a seller on FB. dude wanted $8000 for a clapped out hatch that had an SR in it with a load of ISR parts... he decided to call me "old man" and proceeded to tell me that i dont know what im talking about.

like, if your car is nicely built and well kept, its one thing to ask a pretty penny for it because that asking price is justified... but asking $8000-$10,000 for something that looks like it went thru a cement mixer and is littered with nothing but low end quality parts, yeah... just no

we do live in very strange times.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:39 PM   #23574
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Hi all, trying to leverage those who have had their engines rebuilt by reputable shops, like TF Works.

What #s am I looking at for labor on a complete refresh for SR20: oem seals, gaskets, rings, bearings, deck and clean block and head, rebuilding head, cleaning and reusing pistons and rods. Basically take engine apart, clean it and replace all worn out parts with clean OEM parts that I provide.

Thank you

Old 01-08-2021, 07:57 AM   #23575
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
So I'm getting (open) diff seals changed cause they are all leaking.
Anyone recommend synthetic or should I stick with regular.
Daily driver with spirited driving.
Most gear oil is full synthetic. I run an 80w-90 GL5 gear oil in my diff and always have. If you're wondering about the axle shaft seals themselves, I usually use Timken or National.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:20 PM   #23576
imbored205
Leaky Injector

How do I stop getting turbo flutter on my KA-T setup?

S15 T28, 550cc, Z32 MAF, Enthalpy ECU, Greddy suction intake, CXRacing intercooler kit/BOV

So I have my vacuum lines as shown below but T'd off on the brake booster instead.

I have the valve cover breather hose and the BOV outlet being T'd into the turbine intake.

Is this proper or is the air getting pushed into the valvecover and turbo when I release the throttle?

I have the BOV set to the softest setting but still get turbo flutter. Is this because it is a copy CXRacing BOV and not a real one? A Greddy Type FV is arriving soon...

If I let the revs free fall from over 3k when in neutral, the car will stall out or hit 500 rpm then catch itself back to idle.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:37 PM   #23577
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored205 View Post
I have the BOV set to the softest setting but still get turbo flutter. Is this because it is a copy CXRacing BOV and not a real one?
i think you answered your own question.

CXRacing is Chinese made garbage.

ive been running an HKS SSQV3 for 10 years... zero issues! dont waste your money on Chinese made crap!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:46 PM   #23578
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i think you answered your own question.

CXRacing is Chinese made garbage.

ive been running an HKS SSQV3 for 10 years... zero issues! dont waste your money on Chinese made crap!
lol yea since it came with the intercooler kit I just went with it. Everything else I bought new from real companies. Real Greddy comes in tomorrow. The T'd BOV/Valve cover is ok though?
Old 01-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #23579
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Radio stays on sometimes after i turn the car off and take the key out.

Bad ground somewhere?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:11 AM   #23580
SRSmith
Leaky Injector

SRSmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Morning all.

My MR2 is not boosting well and just recently started spitting oil out the BOV. I'm thinking turbo is shot (I've got a spare). Or could this be a symptom of something else?
SRSmith is offline   Reply With Quote