Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-14-2020, 05:49 PM   #1
Ghost_S14

Trader Rating: (0)
Ghost_S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Evap code P0443 year long struggle

I have a pretty much stock 96 s14 with a ka24de. I keep getting a code for the evap purge control solenoid valve circuit(p0443).

I have read the FSM religiously and looked through all of the other write ups on this forum (and others) and to no luck. The other posts I have seen regarding this issue have left many unanswered. I really want to fix this issue as I've tried so much within the past year.

Parts replaced(oem) and troubleshooting:
-Vent solenoid
-Pressure sensor(more on that later) (returned)
-purge valve (returned)
-purge valve solenoid
-vapor canister
-gas cap
-volume control valve(returned)
-different ecu
-wiring specialties engine harness
-smoke tested system
-Blew out all hoses
-checked for correct hose locations

I have tested the wires to and from the purge solenoid and all are fine. I smoke tested the system and haven't seen anything.

I was able to get the code off for about 2 weeks or so when I swapped another ecu in. After that it popped the code again and I sent it out to be fixed and unfortunately it's the same issue still. I do have access to a snap on scanner and was able to manually activate the solenoid.

Now onto that pressure sensor, I put in a brand new one from NTK and it didn't impact anything. However I was fooling around and plugged in the map sensor from the front on the car (I have a new spare) and it did change... I did get some different codes with that pressure sensor (p0440,p0446). I do believe this is due to the parameters being different. But no more p0443...

Nissan wants $140/hr for diagnosis so that is a deterring factor for going there.

If anyone has had any success with this issue please comment or if you think I did something wrong. If you need pictures I'm more than happy to provide them. I refuse to let this car beat me! Thank you in advance
Ghost_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links