Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:22 PM   #1
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LtSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Possible slipping clutch?

Ok so to set the background the clutch worked perfectly fine before and was never of concern before. I changed the transmission gear oil with redline mt90 and installed a new B&M short shifter. The shifter is clean and crisp but now there?s a grinding sound that gets louder under high load or higher rpm.

My throw out bearings seems to be fine. Clutch seems to bite reasonably in first as well as tests in 3rd gear roll from dead stop but isn?t confidence inspiring.

When changing the short shifter I tilted the transmission/motor to make the back shifter bolts more accessible. When doing this I went a bit too far and the load was held by solely the solid motor mounts but they?re fine. Every since I put it back together tho the trans seems to complain with load or higher speeds. Does well in higher gears but letting off gets a growl from the shifter area.

Could tilting the tranny have thrown the clutch adjustment out of wack or possibly damaged the input/output shaft? Stretched the clutch cable or something like this? Worst comes to worst I?ll drop the transmission and look into every possible culprit. As of now I?m stumped and hope y?all can help out. I?m getting pretty familiar with motor?s but relative noob with transmissions.
LtSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2021, 01:10 AM   #2
LtSlayer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LtSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My clutch seems to be down in fluid and I don’t believe this was initially the case. Is there any chance my slave could be leaking and wet the clutch a bit? The pedal doesn’t feel too different but I haven’t driven the car in a while so I’m not sure
LtSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote