Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-06-2021, 04:36 PM   #1
se7en_
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
se7en_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
1991 Silvia RHD LS swap questions.

Hey all, I'm in the middle of an LS swap on my Silvia RHD.

Couple questions I can't seem to find even with searching.

1. The valve cover hits the Clutch master cylinder. I know I need a larger bore master with my t56 clutch(more on this later) and that will just make the problem worse. Is there a physically shorter master with a bigger bore that works? perhaps clocking it differently? Anyone done this without using reverse swing pedals and putting the master inside the cab?

2. I'm going to be running an AR5 trans from a colorado/canyon. It uses the t56 clutch and shares the output spline count from the t56 as well. The shifter location is terrible. Does someone make a shifter that moves the shifter location back about 7 inches? anyone know if the AR5 and T56 transmission is similar length? Google isn't helping much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
se7en_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2021, 04:38 PM   #2
UJCD

Trader Rating: (0)
UJCD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en_ View Post

1. The valve cover hits the Clutch master cylinder. I know I need a larger bore master with my t56 clutch(more on this later) and that will just make the problem worse. Is there a physically shorter master with a bigger bore that works? perhaps clocking it differently? Anyone done this without using reverse swing pedals and putting the master inside the cab?

2. I'm going to be running an AR5 trans from a colorado/canyon. It uses the t56 clutch and shares the output spline count from the t56 as well. The shifter location is terrible. Does someone make a shifter that moves the shifter location back about 7 inches? anyone know if the AR5 and T56 transmission is similar length? Google isn't helping much.

Thanks.

Use the AR5 form the solstice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UJCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:39 PM   #3
se7en_
Leaky Injector

Further searching says that the t56 is .15" shorter then an AR5, so the off the shelf driveshafts will work. I still have issues with the clutch master and shifter locations though.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:50 PM   #4
se7en_
Leaky Injector

Solstice trans are very hard to find in Canada, But I'll keep my eyes out. Any ideas on the clutch master cylinder issue?
Old 02-07-2021, 12:12 PM   #5
se7en_
Leaky Injector

Any ideas on the clutch master issue? I can't be the only one with this issue.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:28 PM   #6
shoottothrill
Leaky Injector

shoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really niceshoottothrill is just really nice
I know serial 9 makes a ton of shifter adapters for different stuff. Have you checked with them about the shifter placement issue?
shoottothrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:32 AM   #7
SilentKilla

SilentKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en_ View Post

Thanks.
There's a few options on a RHD, I'm in the middle of an ADM S14A conversion to LS myself. Can look at a reverse swing clutch pedal conversion, or as logic suggests in finding a physically shorter clutch master.

I've gone with the following option, never mind the price it's not that much but wont really be a practical option in the US anyway: https://www.holmart.com.au/holden-cl...vu-v6-3.8-v8-5

How have you gone with starter motor clearance to the steering rack input shaft/valve body?

Last edited by SilentKilla; 02-22-2021 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: forgot the word 'rack'
SilentKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:39 PM   #8
DiscountPirate
Zilvia Member

DiscountPirate is an unknown quantity at this point
I only know the RHD S13 aspect I don't know LS but I have seen custom stuff like Wilwood pedals and remote mount cylinders. Only other thing I recall is that the Z32 clutch master is a direct swap and larger bore but doubt it is that much shorter. Worst case depending on your clearances you might be able to grind/machine down a bit off cylinder and a bit off valve cover to fit.
DiscountPirate is offline   Reply With Quote