Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-12-2020, 05:37 PM   #18241
180sxdrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light180sxdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 20 reviews

Instagram @ikigai.no.jinsei
180sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #18242
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Old 11-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #18243
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
slowly going back to kouki aero for a while... made some updates to my V3 skirts and working on the front bumper right now (not on the car in these pics)...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:23 PM   #18244
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^dorki dori, any chance of making a type x wing?
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:34 PM   #18245
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
^dorki dori, any chance of making a type x wing?
not for a while. i have roughly 6-7 S13 front bumpers (4 coupe and 3 hatch) + 2 matching FRP lips to get done by end of next summer. im TRYING to get back to S14 parts development in 2022 again... finshing up rounding out my S13 product line for the time being. the front bumpers area is where i was sorely lacking and i have some kickass bumpers + front end bits coming out by end of 2021!

the wing isnt super high on my priorities list right now. its going to be expensive to get into production, and is going to be an expensive piece to actually produce (im guessing the part when finished will cost around $700-$800 shipped due to how hard they will be to actually make and the box size). honestly, id rather put money and time toward my S13 dashboard replica project (which is a very VERY expensive investment id like to accomplish in the next 2 years).

Old 11-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #18246
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Picked up some work rezax’s 17x9 +16 17x10 +12

Old 11-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #18247
My!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i'm jealous of everyone with perfect hood to bumper fitment ;c i think i need the foam piece or something cause mine sags a bit even with the oem brackets
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:09 PM   #18248
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^^ i just used the oem type x retainer and it fit like a glove. i literally just bolted it up and didn't even do a single adjustment. I used oem extension brackets also.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:25 PM   #18249
My!
Zilvia Member

My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
im usin that as well lol just unlucky i think. maybe my bumper is defective? since i got it used.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:49 PM   #18250
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by My! View Post
im usin that as well lol just unlucky i think. maybe my bumper is defective? since i got it used.
You have this?

If it's still sagging with that bracket, something else in your front end is off. Post a pic
Old 11-19-2020, 05:22 PM   #18251
My!
Zilvia Member

yssir i have that piece as well. I'll take some tomorrow for sure, its dark already in TX. thanks for the help everyone, i'm stoked that i might be able to fix my fitment haha
Old 11-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #18252
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

bend the bracket upward... theyre super thin and can get bent out of shape easily. im speaking from first hand experience. take it out of the bumper, attach to headlight brackets using 4 bolts, bend upwards, reinstall... see where that takes you

Old 11-20-2020, 03:18 PM   #18253
My!
Zilvia Member

alright lads, heres what my fitment looks like. I have not taken the bumper off to try and bend the retainer yet, but this is what i'm starting with.

i almost just think i should have a crash bar made with support in the middle to pick it up a bit, i know street faction makes that option on their crash bars.

the four bolts holding the bumper in the middle are pushed up as far as they can go
Old 11-20-2020, 05:37 PM   #18254
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
alright lads, heres what my fitment looks like. I have not taken the bumper off to try and bend the retainer yet, but this is what i'm starting with.

i almost just think i should have a crash bar made with support in the middle to pick it up a bit, i know street faction makes that option on their crash bars.

the four bolts holding the bumper in the middle are pushed up as far as they can go
Ah yeah that's alllll funky. Hood is too low on the left. Looks like the headlight lids are sitting a bit too far back. If you adjust them forward, you should be able to bring the hood forward a bit and close up that gap. And yeah, looks like your bumper bracket could use a little bend, but not too much.

When I line up pop-up fronts I usually start with the bumper to hood fitment, then the hood to fender fitment, and then headlight fitment last since they have the most adjustability.

Good luck!
Old 11-20-2020, 07:23 PM   #18255
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Also look into getting some new rubber hood spacer bumper things.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:37 PM   #18256
My!
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Ah yeah that's alllll funky. Hood is too low on the left. Looks like the headlight lids are sitting a bit too far back. If you adjust them forward, you should be able to bring the hood forward a bit and close up that gap. And yeah, looks like your bumper bracket could use a little bend, but not too much.

When I line up pop-up fronts I usually start with the bumper to hood fitment, then the hood to fender fitment, and then headlight fitment last since they have the most adjustability.

Good luck!
thanks for the tips, i'll look into it tomorrow. I also think my bumper just has a spot right in the middle that droops, most likely from improper storage? but i'll def try messing with some stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
Also look into getting some new rubber hood spacer bumper things.
i actually know what you're talking about through that description haha. I'll look right now for those.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #18257
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

definitely bend the bracket upward and maybe inward a little bit. nothing major. also, you may want to invest in some autocollect storm upper bumper brackets and lower fender braces... they work wonders!

Old 11-20-2020, 08:07 PM   #18258
My!
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
definitely bend the bracket upward and maybe inward a little bit. nothing major. also, you may want to invest in some autocollect storm upper bumper brackets and lower fender braces... they work wonders!
i have the oem bumper brackets and oem fender braces ;c

i had the auto collect bumper brackets but didnt like how the top of my bumper stuck out passed the fenders.

i'm def going to bend the bracket a little and try and realign my front end. got the bumper support bushing things in my cart already, but apparently theres gonna be a black friday sale on nissanparts.cc so I'm gonna wait...might even feel frisky and buy the oem weather strips for the doors haha
Old 11-21-2020, 09:33 AM   #18259
240ss
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
240ss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The rubber hood bumpers are adjustable, FYI. But if you need new, nissan parts cc has the whole kit.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

@meadwa
240ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:58 PM   #18260
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
in lowering process
What brand hood? VIS? Fits pretty well, my current DMAX style hood fits like ass.

Last edited by LuckyX2; 11-21-2020 at 09:29 PM..
LuckyX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #18261
JayGR90

JayGR90 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've always felt like the Type X kit was just a classic look. It took me a few years to piece everything together but it was well worth it.

I have also recently fixed the antenna, works as it should now haha

JayGR90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:05 AM   #18262
240ss
Zilvia Member

240ss is an unknown quantity at this point
@JayGR90 same man! I've never been the biggest fan of black hatches but looks like you pulled it off pretty well. I also just got the antenna working on my stock hatch haha I'm a sucker for having all those little thing work.

Just finished mine up not too long ago

@meadwa
240ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:37 AM   #18263
Lockway

Lockway is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Lockway Send a message via AIM to Lockway Send a message via Yahoo to Lockway
Been lurking for about 6 years, but never posted my 240. Figured what the hell, I guess I'll post something.

P.S. GOT DANG there are some clean S13s here
Lockway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:00 PM   #18264
Zenki_Kouki.5
Zilvia Member

Zenki_Kouki.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
What front lip is this?
Zenki_Kouki.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:06 PM   #18265
wptfilms

Trader Rating: (1)
wptfilms is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's GT-1. It's part of the bumper iirc
wptfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #18266
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki_Kouki.5 View Post
What front lip is this?
its the bottom half of a GT1 bumper that the owner cut off and made work on his 180sx kouki bumper. he has my DorkiDori N1 vent inserts and TypeRC skirts on his car as well. rear valance is a HotRoad replica.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:32 AM   #18267
My!
Zilvia Member

just wanted to give you guys an update, I ended up getting a massive improvement after taking all your advice and some elbow grease

Old 12-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #18268
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
just wanted to give you guys an update, I ended up getting a massive improvement after taking all your advice and some elbow grease
Looks much better. Great job!
Old 12-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #18269
My!
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Looks much better. Great job!
thanks bro! still not perfect but now i dont cringe when i think about how much ive spent on my car haha
Old 12-20-2020, 10:04 AM   #18270
Zenki_Kouki.5
Zilvia Member

Zenki_Kouki.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
its the bottom half of a GT1 bumper that the owner cut off and made work on his 180sx kouki bumper. he has my DorkiDori N1 vent inserts and TypeRC skirts on his car as well. rear valance is a HotRoad replica.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptfilms View Post
That's GT-1. It's part of the bumper iirc
Thank you.
Zenki_Kouki.5 is offline   Reply With Quote