Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
700whps13

Trader Rating: (0)
700whps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 has anyone ever modified a s13 subframe to fit a 350Z diff

I was wondering if anybody had ever modified a s13 subframe to fit a 350Z differential and axles in an s13 my car has a turbocharged 5.3 about 700 horsepower has a J30 diff and the gearing is way to low for the power it makes 4th gear is just a 2 second burn out with the 3.93 gears
700whps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2019, 08:05 AM   #2
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Just us a q45 diff, its easier and longer gearing.

350diff has been done but takes cutting and welding of the subframe.

** just found these**
https://www.maverick-motorsports.com...rsion-bushings
https://us.gktech.com/s-r-chassis-to...rsion-bushings

looks like it just got alot easier now to do a z/g diff conversion to s-chassis.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
gktech bushings work, but only for s14 subframe

you could probably just drill a new hole to line up with the z33 diff cover?

but i'd want the whole subframe out of the car to have enough room to drill and shit

also, z1 diff cover is super cheap and super good upgrade
https://www.z1motorsports.com/transm...it-p-8876.html

AND, apparently people have issues cracking z33 diff covers since they only have one mount point, so this is a good bit of kit to have as well but you could just make your own if you can weld
https://www.z1motorsports.com/transm...e-p-14117.html

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:16 AM   #4
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There is an alternative to the z33 cover is the R51 cover. Its a 2 bolt which IIRC is about an inch more narrow then the s14 spacing. I started modifying a S13 subframe, got the diff in place but, never got around to finishing it. Mainly cause I haven't had a chance to get a better R&P set then the R51 2.3. Ratios go from 2.3 in the R51 all the way to 4.6 in newer 2.5 frontiers. It also comes with a axle output flanges that are bigger then the Z/G but they swap over.

There's an issue with the conversion bushings that most people done see. It lowers the differential placement in the car ~3/4 inch. This not only increases the drive shaft u joint angles accelerating wear but, increases the driveshaft angles weakening the their joints especially on a lowered car.

foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:21 PM   #5
700whps13

700whps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like I will have to do a full write-up on it when I get the parts to do so because the q45 diff is just geared way too low for my application
700whps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Any updates on this?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #7
duncan351
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
duncan351 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duncan351
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
Just us a q45 diff, its easier and longer gearing.

350diff has been done but takes cutting and welding of the subframe.

** just found these**
https://www.maverick-motorsports.com...rsion-bushings

looks like it just got alot easier now to do a z/g diff conversion to s-chassis.
Just because companies comes up with some bullshit bushings can makes the part physically bolt doesn't mean its correct. Notice there isn't even 1 picture with a z33 diff bolted to a S14 subframe with the factory sway bar. The reason is the z33 diff isn't physically in the same position as factory R200 diff. Its actually off by a lot. Like mentioned earlier you have to drop the subframe out of the car and modify the subframe to accept the Z33 diff. I just finished doing mine 6 mths ago. If you don't have experience fabrication I would not recommend doing this job. You have to make sure the diff is in the same location as the factory diff so that your driveshaft angle is still factory.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #8
cespana
Leaky Injector

cespana is an unknown quantity at this point
the GK Tech conversion Kit will work if you have an R200 Diff. But it for some reason you have an S13 or S14 with R180 Diff ( Only applies if you have JDM Q's Silvias N/A) it wont work. Besides that , theres no issues.
cespana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #9
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan351 View Post
Just because companies comes up with some bullshit bushings can makes the part physically bolt doesn't mean its correct. Notice there isn't even 1 picture with a z33 diff bolted to a S14 subframe with the factory sway bar. The reason is the z33 diff isn't physically in the same position as factory R200 diff. Its actually off by a lot. Like mentioned earlier you have to drop the subframe out of the car and modify the subframe to accept the Z33 diff. I just finished doing mine 6 mths ago. You have to make sure the diff is in the same location as the factory diff so that your driveshaft angle is still factory.
so. . . . you're saying you can't run a sway bar with a z33 diff?

what modification did you have to do to your subframe?

people have been using subframe risers or spacers to shim or clock the subframe for quite a few years now, with no issues. In your experience, does installing the z33 diff change the driveshaft angle that much, that it would be damaging to the U-joints?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote