Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #721
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLabs View Post
Its for my S14. I wish i could find the picture of the Weld S14 to show you.
ill take it lol
gonna be at clubloose tonight?
if u are bring it
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #722
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
I think i figiured out a good way to make this work...Going to drop my motor down 3/4" so Im going to run an elbow that brings the throttle body in and facing forward. For the Master issue I need a Z32 master.
TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #723
atutt
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
atutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond reputeatutt has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Atutt Thank you for saying baller thats exactly what it is....Ill keep you posted guys on my build up.

O the MSD is going to be mounted ontop of the fuel rail.no other options
Yes keep me updated... I dislike having to look at Honda-Tech for sweet fab builds... I'm slowly getting ready to get my shit together... College + own 2.5 car garaged house + school debt = sad mofo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisEpyon View Post
hehe yea, some of the welds were a bit contaminated, but welding out in the garage(my garage opens up towards the sun from around 1 pm till sun down, so the sun is shining in the garage) in around 94 degrees weather with parts of the pipe sticking in your face or hard to get a comfy position was really starting to annoy me. all in all, i had fun with it. i know, there shouldnt be any excuses, just need more practice.
You don't need more practice... Just an extra 45 seconds of cleaning will sufice.
atutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #724
TougeLabs
Premium Member

TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
I will do all that i can for you to stay away from hondas...
Old 06-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #725
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Joe I was trying to post pics of the Weld S14 last night, but couldn't find them on my comp lol. That's the first thing that came to mind when you said "rear mount radiator".

Airflow is the biggest issue, of course. The coolant lines should really be SS, but that much -10 or larger SS line is expensive as shit. You'd want to vent the trunk I guess.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #726
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Yea i started mocking up the whole idea today..Went to fit my rear bumper and guess what....Does not fit for shit lol I guess when i did the rear qtrs i added to much down low...So i may go stock rear bumper with a carbon diffuser I dont know but ill post some piks up of the build in a few

Last edited by TougeLabs; 06-26-2008 at 12:16 PM..
Old 06-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #727
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Exclamation Heres some shitty piks!

Sorry for the quality taken on a cell camera. And im f'n pissed my rear bumper wont fit lol:hammer:

Old 06-25-2008, 09:03 PM   #728
TougeLabs
Premium Member

And yes my garage is that dirty I have a broken foot and im out of work so im in the garage 23 hours a day building a old school chopper and the Silvia

I also work well in Chaos.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #729
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Joe I was trying to post pics of the Weld S14 last night, but couldn't find them on my comp lol. That's the first thing that came to mind when you said "rear mount radiator".

Airflow is the biggest issue, of course. The coolant lines should really be SS, but that much -10 or larger SS line is expensive as shit. You'd want to vent the trunk I guess.

I cant find the piks i used to have either...If you come across them awesome if not I guess after i am done we will have some in depth piks and DIY write up...Anyway I was thinking using hard lines with fins tigged the whole length It will add to the whole cooling thing as well...I lost my rear qtr panels "stolen" So i was thinking about doing a carbon fiber air duct Something along the lines of the Dent sport Car the only issue im seeing is that its not high pressure on the side of the car so I will have to work on that...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #730
TougeLabs
Premium Member

For all those that run Adium www.adiumx.com my friend has prob made one of the coolest dock Icons for a mac ever Check it out.

I know its not fabrication but he did make it lol

http://adiumxtras.com/index.php?a=xtras&xtra_id=5732
Old 06-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #731
str8sidewayz
Zilvia Member

str8sidewayz is making a name for him/her selfstr8sidewayz is making a name for him/her self
beautiful car wish i had a car 2 come n help!!! damn
Old 06-26-2008, 01:09 AM   #732
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Heres a pik of my trunk i shaved the rear tail molded in the reverse lights Was kinda just a fun project...

Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 AM   #733
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
More pics! I was thinking about doing this with mine, since they're already fucked up (scratched, and have overspray on them). Or maybe just painting them gloss black (the rest of the car's flat black).

More pics, so I can photoshop my ideas

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 06-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #734
TougeLabs
Premium Member

You want more pictures of the rear trunk shave job lol I will try to take some with a normal camera today...I think its bad ss looking it makes the car seem even wider now...And i had a nightmare last night about my rear bumper...I cant believe this shit.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #735
TougeLabs
Premium Member

What did everyone take a brake with life this thread is dying! lol
I miss the everyday new projects you crazy f*$ks put together...Lets get a nice post "Dent Sport" lol on a trunk mounted radiator. Help a fellow out.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #736
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=215337&page=2

S15 with a VH, full cage, metal overs, and modified front end/ subframes.

Fab work done by a shop that does WRC and GT cars.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #737
TougeLabs
Premium Member

cool have any useful info about the swap and mods that you can share with us ?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #738
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Not much. I know he lowered the front subframe and tranny mount. Apparently the car is going to be a slammed pro drift car in the UK. He's shooting for 800 horses by way of turbo. That's about all I know.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:20 PM   #739
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=215337&page=2

S15 with a VH, full cage, metal overs, and modified front end/ subframes.

Fab work done by a shop that does WRC and GT cars.
Fab work looks awesome - I browsed through the thread, can't wait to see more!

Old 06-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #740
driftstyre
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
driftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond reputedriftstyre has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftstyre
Quote:
What did everyone take a brake with life this thread is dying! lol
I miss the everyday new projects you crazy f* put together...Lets get a nice post "Dent Sport" lol on a trunk mounted radiator. Help a fellow out.
There really isn't too much too it besides gaining good air for the ducting. My ducts suck and I wish I had made composite large naca ducts but didn't have much experience with composites at the time. The cooling system is the same as any other except it uses an electric pump mounted in the back. I used to use both electric and engine driven but the engine driven becomes a restriction at higher rpm and pressure levels moving the coolant all the way back and to the front. Sedans are better for rear mounted radiator systems as there is more area to pull air from. I have a bunch of photos from D1 Rallycross cars which all use rear radiators. They crunch into each other a lot and also spend a lot of time sideways so the side ducting gets more air than the front.

On another note, progress is moving along on my car. I decided to make new front lateral and tension arms. My old ones were not ideal and weren't even the same length side to side. They were essentially modified stock ones where these new ones are made from scratch. $100 in materials and a 9 hours. The rod ends are left over from the old set so they weren't added into the cost. All 4130 alloy.

driftstyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #741
TougeLabs
Premium Member

O Bill wait till you see what im doing for the ducts lol kinda excited to get into it when i can walk again....Anyway I need a stand alone!!! and a mr2 power steering pump!!! I know you have a stock pile of mr2 pumps laying around
POST SOME PIKS OF THE PROJECT I DONT WANT TO READ !
Old 07-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #742
Clowny
Leaky Injector

Clowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Clowny Send a message via Yahoo to Clowny
I know this isnt near as good or as intensive as your guys's projects but here is what I have fabbed up...

the thing on the bottom is a jet engine made from a turbo from a volvo and it does actually work. the other turbos are the ones i am planning on using for other jet engines later on.

the picture isnt showin up for some reason, sorry.

Last edited by Clowny; 07-01-2008 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: picture didnt work first time.
Clowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:38 PM   #743
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

^^ Haha, ok. True, if you fed fuel into the "turbine" housing, you could create thrust... What are you planning on propelling? How will you mount the turbo?

You could probably move, say, a model car with that...

Old 07-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #744
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Wow badass. I have always wanted to build a turbine engine. I just haven't had the time. What does it run off of?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #745
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

^^^ turbine's are generally pretty lenient when it comes to fuels - real jet fuel is very similar to kerosene (not a refined fuel AT ALL), and the fuel we used on carriers (called JP-5) is no non-volatile you could light a match and throw it in a puddle of the shit, and it wouldn't ignite.

Last edited by GSXRJJordan; 07-03-2008 at 12:55 PM..
Old 07-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #746
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Nice project man that something you dont see every day. I would love to see a video of it working. Keep them coming man
Old 07-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #747
xsparc
Zilvia Junkie

xsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to beholdxsparc is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to xsparc Send a message via Yahoo to xsparc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowny View Post
I know this isnt near as good or as intensive as your guys's projects but here is what I have fabbed up...

the thing on the bottom is a jet engine made from a turbo from a volvo and it does actually work. the other turbos are the ones i am planning on using for other jet engines later on.

the picture isnt showin up for some reason, sorry.
Dude!!! i was gonna make one of those a long time ago when i was in high school. I had all kinds of CAD drawings for flame chambers and and different nozzle designs.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #748
Clowny
Leaky Injector

Clowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
^^ Haha, ok. True, if you fed fuel into the "turbine" housing, you could create thrust... What are you planning on propelling? How will you mount the turbo?

You could probably move, say, a model car with that...
right now my buddies and I are cutting and re welding a gokart chassis to mount the jet on. it wont snap your head back with acceleration, but it should move along just fine. I havent built a thrust meter yet, but I estimate it to be putting out about 12 lbs of thrust at full throttle based on others who have similar jets made from similar turbos. I'll try to find some photos of it mounted on the test stand so you can see how it will be mounted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Wow badass. I have always wanted to build a turbine engine. I just haven't had the time. What does it run off of?
Quote:
^^^ turbine's are generally pretty lenient when it comes to fuels - real jet fuel is very similar to kerosine (not a refined fuel AT ALL), and the fuel we used on carriers (called JP-5) is no non-volatile you could light a match and throw it in a puddle of the shit, and it wouldn't ignite.
/\/\/\ what he said for the most part. Right now i have it set up for good ol 87 octane, but gimme 10 minutes and i can switch it over to propane (which is what most diy jetbuilders use for fuel). I tried runnin it off of kerosene once, but it was too much for the fuel pump to handle.
Quote:
Nice project man that something you dont see every day. I would love to see a video of it working. Keep them coming man
so would I. lol. the one time my friends and I got it to run, the turbine wheel decided to start disentigrating (sp?) and we had to shut it down (Need a tachometer badly. jets are like any other engine, they dont like excessive rpms). Currently I am in the process of rebuilding it from the ground up, but its not very high on the list of things to do right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsparc View Post
Dude!!! i was gonna make one of those a long time ago when i was in high school. I had all kinds of CAD drawings for flame chambers and and different nozzle designs.
yeah i have all kinds of formulas and designs for flame tubes, combustors, etc. its crazy, but its fun.

Here are some photos of a jet engine that my friend and i made in less than 8 hours and has absolutely NO moving parts. Its true.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #749
Clowny
Leaky Injector

and video!!
http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...ent=redhot.flv

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...t=100_0543.flv

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...t=100_0539.flv

as you can kinda tell in the first 2 videos, its a bitch to get runnin on its own. took us a while longer to get it goin (turned out our tube lengths were completely off), but its fun. the last video is of us just messin around with it before we cut the hole for the intake tube.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:53 PM   #750
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
I was gonna say is that a pulse jet engine. but it doesn't have a inlet. Does it just suck in air and fuel through where the gas line is between sparks?

Thrust?