Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:56 PM   #121
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This build is so inspiring! I wish every s-chassis owner had this kind of dedication towards their build. Keep up the great work
Old 07-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #122
Eww Evo
Leaky Injector

Eww Evo is a well-known jackass
There is a great line between a builder like this and ones who just buy bolt on parts. I love watching builds like these because when I get stressed out with my car it gives me motivation. I like seeing peoples ideas and them bringing their creativity to their car.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-13-2018, 12:28 AM   #123
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

TSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the comments, these words are inspiring me. I know I am posting pics occasionally but I don't have too much time for the project, only a day per week. But there is some new pics now, I need to finish the rear brakes on boths sides and i am also working on the custom front arms, to fit 39mm ball joints.

Parking brake is working on this side with refurbished brake shoes

Testing the 60mm spacers

I think it works perfectly with little more negative camber

Gasdoor on the place

Details...

Diy glass board
TSSS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #124
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Very good work. It has come together nicely. The color selected is handsome.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:40 AM   #125
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
So good build. Someone should sponsor you with better wheels!
Old 08-19-2018, 08:22 PM   #126
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Well thought out and complete build, especially with the condition of the chassis when you started. Glad to see that people are still putting the time into thoughtful builds.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:05 AM   #127
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build! Been following this for a while!

What size are your overfenders, and what specs are your wheels?
Jyttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:43 AM   #128
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

TSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Very good work. It has come together nicely. The color selected is handsome.
Thanks, I really love that color, on the sun is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSs View Post
So good build. Someone should sponsor you with better wheels!
You're right, I am planning to change wheels to Works or something like that but no money for it now, maybe if someone like to donate this build PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
Well thought out and complete build, especially with the condition of the chassis when you started. Glad to see that people are still putting the time into thoughtful builds.
Thanks, when I am starting the restoration I dont imagine how many hours of work it need to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyttah View Post
Awesome build! Been following this for a while!

What size are your overfenders, and what specs are your wheels?
Thanks man, the fenders are +50mm on each side, and the wheels are 18x9J ET25 on front, 18x10J ET20 at the end.

BTW the black water hoses arrived
Old 09-13-2018, 09:59 AM   #129
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
you should add extension bolts and make the gas door sit flush with the over fender. adds a sleek and almost oem like appearance to the over fender
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:39 AM   #130
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
you should add extension bolts and make the gas door sit flush with the over fender. adds a sleek and almost oem like appearance to the over fender
Yes I know but I like this version.

Modified front lower control arms for ball joint with different diameter for s14 hubs. Carpartshops there has bad catalogues but has ball joints for good prices with bad diameters, so I fixed it like this.

And the new 300zx aftermarket brake master cylinder is arrived from USA

Old 11-28-2018, 03:38 AM   #131
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

I bought new windshield

The ugly abs setup is on the place

Working on the front suspension and brakes.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #132
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
its always exciting to see updates to this amazing build
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #133
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Wrapping the body like oem.

Testing WrapCut
https://youtu.be/AWaKXRl3zW0

Last piece of brakelines are finished.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:58 AM   #134
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

The rebuilded brakes on the place, system is filled with fluid

The car is not on the jacks anymore

Old 12-18-2018, 09:38 AM   #135
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Wow... im blown away by the quality and attention to detail of this build! Very nice man
Old 12-18-2018, 10:16 AM   #136
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
10/10 best panel gaps on zilvia.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:37 PM   #137
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Wow... im blown away by the quality and attention to detail of this build! Very nice man
Sometimes I feel its wasting of time because most of the people never notice these little details, but I like working on it, and making pics for guys like you. So thanks man, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
10/10 best panel gaps on zilvia.
In my look it's not the best, but big thanks.

The wrapped parts are looks like oem I think. The quality of the wrap its not the best

Details of trunk hood wiring

Next step: installing rear quarter windows...
Old 01-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #138
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Now I am working on the wire harness instalation. Also next time I start assembling the heater and digital climate control

I decided to design own washer fluid cap because what I found on Thingiverse, doesnt fit.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:14 AM   #139
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Now I am working on the heater and ac elements. There is a lot of shit inside so I cleaned the whole system, and startd to design the own cabin air filter for S13.

Btw I am uploaded the washer fluid cap design to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3364992
If your measurement like on the picture is around 57-57,4mm it gonna be work for you.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:50 PM   #140
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Testfit of the JDM AC cooler

Working on wiring harness...

Old 03-28-2019, 12:41 PM   #141
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Little update:

I am relocating the relays to the interior.

Modified JDM HVAC motor holder.

I am designed this aspirator tube adapter from RHD to LHD.
Downloadable from Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3495836

I cut the jdm part and glued together with the 3d printed one.

Actual progress of the cabin air filter. The upper part is almost finished. There is 3dprintable seal between the 2 parts.

Fast testprint for final tuning of the dimensions.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #142
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hi! I really like your progress especially on the pieces that you design yourself. I was wondering if you could give some more info on your air cabin project. What filters did you use? What was the foam tape around the filter?
Old 04-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #143
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Hi! I really like your progress especially on the pieces that you design yourself. I was wondering if you could give some more info on your air cabin project. What filters did you use? What was the foam tape around the filter?
I'm also interested in the cabin filter project, would you be able to provide the file to print the filter holder? I recently got my hands on a 3d printer and am itching to give it a shot!

Loving the build and attention to detail as others had said, I'm blown away by what you've accomplished!

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #144
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
what drawing/modeling program are you using? my room mate got a printer, and i have a CAD background. but i dont have access to the programs i used at school. looking for a decent free program, but im starting to realize i may be asking too much.

nice progress as well. keep it up!
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #145
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
what drawing/modeling program are you using? my room mate got a printer, and i have a CAD background. but i dont have access to the programs i used at school. looking for a decent free program, but im starting to realize i may be asking too much.

Pretty sure Blender is free, not sure how good it is for designing parts but iirc it's a pretty powerful program

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:23 PM   #146
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
is that what he is using? I dont think so. i dont want a 3d modeling program. i need something cad specific. ive been using sketchup free but all the features i need require me to pay money.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #147
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
I'm also interested in the cabin filter project, would you be able to provide the file to print the filter holder? I recently got my hands on a 3d printer and am itching to give it a shot!

Loving the build and attention to detail as others had said, I'm blown away by what you've accomplished!
Thanks for the positive feedback, sorry for late reply. Of course I am upload the cabin filter holder to thingiverse for free like my preivous designs. But at the moment the holder is in progress, there is only a strait space for the filter so I needed to redesign the holder a little bit. If I provide the successful test fit of this version I am upload the alpha version to the Thingiverse with all the infromation about the holder, filter and printing settings of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post

I am using the Fusion 360, its easy to use and have 30 or 60days trial, if you a student you can use the soft 3years for free in other case you have 1year for free to personal use. So at the moment I have the 1year free version. The normal price is overkill for hobby use so...

The current status of the holder is shown on the pictures. The parts are fitted together with small neodymium magnets for easy change, but I am thinking about some mechanical clips for straight and stronger fitting. But it cannot be applied on the place because of the access from outside is so bad, so it need to be printed as onepiece with the holder or some snap in joints or something like this.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #148
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Very cool! I dig the purple underbody parts and the body color of the car
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #149
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Very cool! I dig the purple underbody parts and the body color of the car
Thanks.

The solution with magnets is working I think.
https://www.facebook.com/szabolcs.sz...2752972084461/
Old 01-08-2020, 11:05 AM   #150
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'm hungry for an update to this thread.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote