Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:43 PM   #31
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^ah yeah, brown/maroon-ish. doesn't seem appropriate for this thread now hahaha

but yeah uh...

got the sr in

had a long internal debate about changing the color of the car. in the end i decided it didn't really make sense to not paint it just because it's a two tone. the only thing that made me question it is other people, and other people can fuck off, so i went for it some day i would like to return it to two tone though haha

basically got it done just in time for final bout. didn't get the car running until the day before we needed to load the cars onto the trailer. luckily the sr fired right up and ran perfect first try. i didn't even see the car at normal ride height until the day before final bout because i had to keep it as high as it could go to load on the trailer and it still scraped the subframe all the way up

saturday i got about 3 runs in before all the teeth removed themselves from 2nd gear

luckily i brought a spare transmission, but i was so exhausted from the previous week of sleepless nights it took me until sunday afternoon to get it back on the track.

did about 10-12 runs before breaking the spare transmission

still was a super fun time though! haven't touched the car since getting back haha but i have some things in the works

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 06:29 PM..
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #32
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I love the front wheels, at a glance its like there's no lug nuts or something.

Should we re-name the thread "two-tone ruination/restoration" haha.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:59 PM   #33
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Bump and moved to gen pop because home boi was CRYING.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #34
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Bump and moved to gen pop because home boi was CRYING.
god damn it scott!
Old 12-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #35
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
lol nice work Scott.

This is a fine machine. I really dig it!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:50 PM   #36
deolio
Post Whore!

^thanks dadmon!

i guess i'll add another update now...

pulled the second transmission. found stock flywheel and 6 puc unsprung clutch, which i figured were mostly to blame for the transmission deaths. realized the flywheel bolts and bolt holes were stripped too (thanks p.o.!)

friend gave me some spare stuff sr he had laying around. he said the crank was good, so i planned to put it in the sr and hope for the best.

all back together and ready for final bout ssw

started it up and it started knocking right away, then we messed with the timing and thought we bent a valve

finally got around to fitting the ls460 tips

had to bridge the stock exhaust cutout

made some sheetmetal brackets and mounted them real good

also i picked up these spare wonder skirts from wolfreign. they bought them from boss aero, who was in the process of modifying them, so one skirt had the middle section cut out. fortunately it was still partially connected so i glassed it back together.

(don't have finished pics, but trust me it doesn't look this shitty.

so i picked up a new head i the hopes that i could just swap it out for the old one (with a bent valve)

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 06:38 PM..
Old 12-02-2016, 03:10 PM   #37
deolio
Post Whore!

so the "new" head turned out to already have been pretty aggressively decked and even with the thickest (1.8mm) headgasket available the compression ratio would have been at like 10:1. luckily my friend in SoCal had a stock head sitting around that he was willing to let go for cheap. so one of my other friends grabbed it and brought it up for me. i took it to the machine shop and they found one of the cam journals was fucked. would have been about $600 to fix.

so at this point i just said fuck it and pulled my head off the motor, planning just to replace the bent valve(s) and pray i had the right sized shims (too late to order at this point). and wouldn't you know it, there weren't any bent valves. so then we were super confused. we did the leak down 3 times and got the same result every time. soooo????

checked the new crank and bearings since we pulled everything off to check the timing and found one of the bearings was already down to the copper after only like 20-30min of running time. said fuck it and threw everything back together, hoping it would at least last a couple runs at final bout.

back together and "running" a week before fb ssw

got my exhaust did. real dual exhaust for more ricer points

fixed my sexy style front bumper for the 69th time

the squad

then went and did some skids, promptly blowing up the front bumper on the first turn of the first run hahaha

so the motor ended up lasting 15-20 laps before starting to really knock bad, which was way more than i expected.

sr out again!

and taken apart again!

lol rip

rod 1 bearings were totally gone. had to change the rod. good thing at this point i have all the spare parts hahaha

changed the con rod, put in the new bearings and the repaired crank.

got a hot road rep for the time being

drove it home and parked it in my garage for the first time in a couple years. felt nice.

new glare front bumper and canards came in. gonna actually just run the canards on the hot road and gonna try my hand at making a "time attack-style" splitter/canard setup for the glare.

got burrito's with the boys

got invited to a private shakedown day with nakamura and the animal style dudes the wednesday before super d, which was super rad. felt pretty cool parking next to nakamura haha let him borrow one of my coil packs for a little bit because one of his went out and when i put it back on my car i swear it drove better hahaha

gave him a shirt at super d

did some skids with nick saturday (dom was busy doing burnouts at formula d)

was messing around with entering at the start/finish line all day. got a little hairy a couple times hahaha was super fun though

sunday was mayhem. i tried to change my driver side axel in the morning, but the hangover was making it impossible so i gave up. third run in nick spun, dom locked up his brakes, and i smashed his qp. for the first time ever, i think i actually came out with less damage, which is surprising. just gotta glass my bumper back together and get a new bash bar. went out to drive the next session and the car would rev up, but not really move anywhere. pulled back into the pits and was sure my clutch or trans was fried.

wasn't until loading up monday morning, that i realized only one of the rear wheels was getting power. pretty sure it's just a broken axel thank fuck

been working with my buddy to design a splitter/canard setup for the wonder bumper so it'll have a bit more protection in the future. going to mount the splitter to the bash bar so the bumper can just kinda sit on it. it's going to be made out of dibond (aluminum and pvc composite) which supposedly is strong enough to handle a lot of abuse

also picked up a new motor to start working on. going to take a lot of work, but i'm confident it'll be worth it in the end

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 06:56 PM..
Old 12-02-2016, 07:14 PM   #38
w1zeman
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
w1zeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Love the idea of a different engine swap from the crowd, but why not the f22 from an s2k? Its already rwd and wouldnt be as difficult to swap.
w1zeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:28 PM   #39
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
Great choice on motors dude.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:29 AM   #40
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1zeman View Post
Love the idea of a different engine swap from the crowd, but why not the f22 from an s2k? Its already rwd and wouldnt be as difficult to swap.
price. initial investment is high, but if i ever throw a rod through the block, it'll be way cheaper. also, fuck the s2k transmission. i'll be running a k series to w5x bellhousing, hopefully keeping costs lower there as well.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:49 PM   #41
deolio
Post Whore!

delete plz

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 07:32 PM..
Old 12-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #42
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Lil_D is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
excited to see you actually do the k24
Old 12-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #43
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Talk about an update... Curious to see this swap go down.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:38 PM   #44
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I know its a super long shot, but if you still have those rear valances..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #45
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this car is rad... well done sir
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #46
Sansone
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Sansone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Love this car, keep it up dude!

Life Ruiner
Sansone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:40 PM   #47
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
cant wait to see more progress on the K swap
Old 12-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #48
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Solid Update! 2 money pits are sweet
Old 01-01-2017, 10:05 PM   #49
snow hawk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
snow hawk is making a name for him/her selfsnow hawk is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love the progress! Quick question, what kit is that? Love the look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #50
deolio
Post Whore!

decided to make a temporary splitter out of plywood until i get around to making the one for the wonder.

i drove about 1.5hr to my friends house. we were planning on checking out some mountain roads and such, but it got dark earlier than expected and started raining super hard. there was literally a stream running across his road. and all the roads around his house are super shitty. the splitter saved my bumper at least a dozen times. my headlights are still misaligned from the crash and my heater doesn't work so i seriously couldn't see shit haha basically drove home following the lane dots

my friend wanted to shoot my car, even though it's fucked up right now

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 07:00 PM..
Old 01-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #51
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Old 04-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #52
deolio
Post Whore!

got tired of having to run 215/35's and constantly cracking front wheels so i got rid of the fxx's and picked up 6 dr's 17/18 stagger. amazing how much better the front of the car already feels running a 40 series

noticed my td05 had a bit more shaft play than i felt comfortable with and the lag was killing me so i picked up a brand new s15 t28.

picked up a one piece aluminum dss shaft for cheap. got thired of the stock one banging around in the tranny tunnel

also got villains stub shafts and z33 axles. not sure how it'll work out just yet as i wasn't able to remove the stock stub shafts. i figure they're seized in the diff due to it being welded

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 07:07 PM..
Old 05-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #53
snatchmarks

Trader Rating: (1)
snatchmarks is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
fucking rad. love that color change!
snatchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:12 PM   #54
deolio
Post Whore!

^thanks!

for anyone wondering about things on the k24 front - just slowly collecting parts. probably not going to be any real updates until this winter.

grabbed a bunch of stuff off a shell at my buddy's house for future improvements

i've had some pbm rear knuckles sitting on a shelf for over a year so i decided it was time to put them on. only issue was how short the lower mounts on my coilovers were. had been using r32 gtr fronts in the rear for as long as i've owned the car. cool for going dumb low, but if i had put the kuckle on with them, i'm pretty sure the car would be sitting on the subframe. old r32 left, new s13 right

just a little comparison of drop knuckle vs stock at the same height

had cut the subframe bushing washer for toe rod clearance. no problem anymore!

the knuckles pushed the wheel way further out. had a 5mm spacer on these 9.5 +22's before and the wheel was just about flush with the fender and had a few mm of clearance. now the tire is juuuust touching the fender with no spacer on. looks like about a 7-8mm difference from stock knuckles at the same height.

also got some acadia rotors and brackets. much larger than stock

also did arp extended studs, which required new lug nuts. will never buy anything other than steel. had my last set of sr48's since 2009

and for the front, the whole pbm package. picked up these old 330mm rotors and brackets just before they announced they were going to repman z32 calipers, so i patiently waited until they were out to install.

i was a little concerned about clearance in the 17's, but it looks like there was nothing to worry about. hopefully will have time to finish installing everything this week. here's pbm compared to q45 brakes

signed up for super d round 2 on the 28th. hopefully have everything done on time! still need an alignment and tune once everything else is said and done

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 07:15 PM..
Old 05-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #55
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Dang, the levels in this thread is off the charts. Hands down my fav car on zilvia
Old 05-14-2017, 06:28 AM   #56
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Lag on a td05? Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:43 AM   #57
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Lag on a td05? Weird.
think it's exaggerated due to the 1.8mm headgasket

so i totaly didn't pay attention to the markings on my bmc before cutting it to try to remove the fitting to use in the 1 1/16" bmc haha apparently aftermarket bmc's don't have the fitting pressed in, but machined into the bmc instead

ended up getting a new bubble fitting (m10x1.0) and doing a bubble flare to make the z32 bmc work. the brakes feel only slightly stiffer than stock with the 1 1/16" bmc. feels great!

also finished installing the arp extended studs. i've installed studs some sketchy ways in the past, but after using this tool, never again. holy shit it made it so much easier hahaha

so i finished installing the brakes, bmc, lugs, and doing some maintenance late friday night. did a street tune early saturday morning. car finally feels sooooo amazing... or at least like it should have felt for the last two years...

loaded it up with all the aero on too, which was cool haha having a tow rig with height control makes life easy

unloading at the track, i realized my car was spewing power steering fluid. not boiling, but the pump was just pushing all of the fluid out of my rack for some reason bled the system, nothing, checked the lines were hooked up right, they were. at this point they were about to close the gate, so we had to leave, but not before taking a booty pic

couldn't find any fix without changing out the ps pump in the morning, so i just grabbed an extra bottle of fluid to top it off ever few runs. the grid had a lot of good looking cars

the car was running great and staying cool despite the lack of ducting (meant to do some, but totally slipped my mind) and warm 90 degree weather.

i was pushing pretty hard all day trying to qualify for top 16, which meant smashing my wheel into my teammate's, which didn't go so well

a friend graciously let me borrow a wheel so i could continue driving, but i was out of ps fluid and time. qualifying had ended and i got cut

but the comp was quick and we got to go back out to do some fun runs. i kept pushing like a dickhead and hit my friends car a couple more times. made wheel-to wheel contact with the borrowed wheel and took a small chunk out of it and finally bent a tie rod. decided to call it a day there before i break more shit.

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 07:27 PM..
Old 05-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #58
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Car is paying you back for painting it all one color. It will continue to fight you until you do what is right...
Old 05-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #59
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Car is paying you back for painting it all one color. It will continue to fight you until you do what is right...
definitely is hahaha

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 07:29 PM..
Old 08-14-2017, 12:34 AM   #60
deolio
Post Whore!

got me some heat maker hot side knuckles and flca's. excited to have fresh ball joints and bushings. front is going to feel so much less sloppy. curious to see how noticeable the roll center and bump steer correction is.

there will be more updates this week as prep for super d party continues