Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:04 AM   #11791
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
https://www.instagram.com/arnold_des...=19x775w41k7ld

This dude did a great MK5 Supra render. His FD one is super amazing too. Makes it look like Mazda could release it today.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #11792
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Ford is putting the Focus RS engine in the Mustang for a performance eco boost model.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/15/...e-6s0n3a1c7k5/
Old 04-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #11793
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
...weak.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #11794
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
...weak.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yet still quicker than most of V8's of the past.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:43 AM   #11795
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Mazda IS considering a MS-ish Mazda 3 hatch. Same engine from the CX-9/CX5, with 250hp and 310ft lbs.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/15/...gh-horsepower/

I mean my big ass CX-9 feels quick that that engine, the 3 would fucking scream. Plus it'll more than likely be AWD.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #11796
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Yet still quicker than most of V8's of the past.
So are most mini vans, certainly nothing to badge about. Looks out of place on a Mustang, sport compact, sure.

Quote:
Mazda IS considering a MS-ish Mazda 3 hatch. Same engine from the CX-9/CX5, with 250hp and 310ft lbs.
This would be pretty cool. Currently, a manual hatch is 28k. A MS would be pricey.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:22 AM   #11797
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Actually it rapes the whole competition currently. MT and others said it’s the first 3 Series competitor that is better without an asterisk. It’s just better.

Holy fuck. I had to go to their website to believe it. Super surprising for a "luxury" leaning brand in 2019.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #11798
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
"Dont call it a Mazdaspeed"

SHUT THE FUCK UP MAZDA! QUIT BEING A PRISSY BITCH WITH A BRAND NAME HANDBAG AND A MATCHING ACCESSORY DOG AND JUST CALL IT WHAT IT IS! A FUCKING MAZDASPEED!

I swear Mazda as of late has gotten REALLY weird about their shit. They try to forget and ignore their Mazdaspeed cars from the past like Nissan tries to forget and ignore the S-Chassis as best it can.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #11799
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
"Dont call it a Mazdaspeed"

SHUT THE FUCK UP MAZDA! QUIT BEING A PRISSY BITCH WITH A BRAND NAME HANDBAG AND A MATCHING ACCESSORY DOG AND JUST CALL IT WHAT IT IS! A FUCKING MAZDASPEED!

I swear Mazda as of late has gotten REALLY weird about their shit. They try to forget and ignore their Mazdaspeed cars from the past like Nissan tries to forget and ignore the S-Chassis as best it can.
They're trying to go upscale with the brand, like an Acura, without changing the name. They're executing the plan well though. The reviews of the new 3 are raving. It's basically one of the best driving cars on the market with MB/BMW/Audi level interior quality. I really don't give a shit what they call the cars.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #11800
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
So mazdas interior quality went down?
Old 04-16-2019, 06:21 AM   #11801
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I mean there's nothing to hate here, other than the 370 itself. I'd argue though this is the best version of that car. It only took 10 years.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:32 AM   #11802
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'd argue though this is the best version of that car.
Nope. NISMO edition in BLACK>. Not of fan of those FRS inspired wheels.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:14 PM   #11803
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Nope. NISMO edition in BLACK>. Not of fan of those FRS inspired wheels.
Looks like total ass.

Wheels are ugly, two tone is ugly and is it trying to be an Adidas Sneaker or SRT Advertisement with those side stripes?

Proportions look like a Chrysler Crossfire.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:25 PM   #11804
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Looks like total ass.

Wheels are ugly, two tone is ugly and is it trying to be an Adidas Sneaker or SRT Advertisement with those side stripes?

Proportions look like a Chrysler Crossfire.
#thatshoelooksgoodtho

Oh wait that doesn’t work here...
Old 04-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #11805
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
that 370 does look good, but 240 nailed it with the frs wheels. Then again, it's not like the z has ever had good stock wheels, other than the v1 track wheels that is...
Do they even still offer it with a third pedal?
Old 04-17-2019, 12:35 PM   #11806
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
How sad. seems like Nissan can do no more than milk off its past. reserve some dignity for the poor 370z already.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #11807
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
How sad. seems like Nissan can do no more than milk off its past. reserve some dignity for the poor 370z already.
At least they’re acknowledging it???!
Old 04-17-2019, 03:47 PM   #11808
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
At least they’re acknowledging it???!
Acknowledging what? Thier past? Who doesn't try to milk that tit of Nostalgia?
Old 04-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #11809
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Proof the Supra is just a few clicks away from looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2019, 12:18 AM   #11810
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
oh its totally okay to capitalize off nostalgia, as long as its not the only thing you’ve been doing to a car that pretty much has stagnated in the past 12 years or so. The 30th anniv Z was pretty much the same car too, just less of eyesore.

the only positive that comes to mind, is it being a reminder of how nice older nissans used to be and that a project 240z isnt such a bad idea, as expensive as they are today.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:40 AM   #11811
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
oh its totally okay to capitalize off nostalgia, as long as its not the only thing you’ve been doing to a car that pretty much has stagnated in the past 12 years or so. The 30th anniv Z was pretty much the same car too, just less of eyesore.

the only positive that comes to mind, is it being a reminder of how nice older nissans used to be and that a project 240z isnt such a bad idea, as expensive as they are today.
The best comparison to this is the Chrysler LX cars (Now FCA).

FCA is broke, much like Nissan/Renualt and has been run into the ground just the same over the last 20 years.

Despite this, the guys at Dodge SRT have managed to take a 20 year old platform underpinning a 12 year old car and truly make it great.

Dodge has managed to work around all the short comings and financial constraints of the chaises and played to its strengths, releasing ever more powerful iterations, wild colors, awesome wheels and developing standard fun features (line lock, launch control, heated/cooled seats, drag computer, etc).

They have also tweaked the bumpers, changed the taillights, dash, hoods, headlights and many other small details every few years. This keeps the car feeling fresh and improved. With each iteration the car has gotten better (I hate Gen 1 and Gen 2 Challengers).

Why has Nissan failed to do this with the Frontier and 370Z? I get not having money for whole new platforms, but minor changes can make a huge difference. I'm also not talking about changing headlight or taillight lenses but the whole shape.

Look at the Tiberon, Genisis Coupe, Impreza, 3000GT and even Toyota Tacoma. These vehicles had minor tweaks over the years that made radical appearance changes with minimal tooling investment. Hell, some of the changes (pop up to solid headlight in 3000gt for example) are cost savings.

A new hood, horizontal headlights and round taillights, and new steering wheel could really improve the 370Z. Car could look like the new Supra since they share similar proportions. But Nissan would rather drag out this fuck show.

Another suggestion I would make is release a Nissan (Skyline) GT(-S).

RWD, VQ37DE and VQ30DETT powered R35 body. Use standard Z34/Q50 brakes, suspension, etc.

This would dramatically save costs and reduce the cost of the R35. R35 is only moving 600 units a year domestically which means setup costs for everything on that car are going to be insane. The price difference from 600 headlights to even just 2,500 headlights is astronmical.

I'd axe the 370 at that point. R35 is more aggressive looking and practical with a full trunk and back seats. If Nissan could shoe horn a VK56VD into it, and sell it for $45k, they'd have a real Pony Car fighter that could stand on its own against Mustangs, Camaro and Challengers (all sell over 100k units a year). Even a tuned VQ30DETT might be tempting enough against the new $50k Supra... Nissan of thr 80's and 90's understood this.. (Look at the ratio of Skylines vs GTRs sold back then...)

#ReplaceGoshenwithCorbic
Old 04-24-2019, 07:15 AM   #11812
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The GTR offering a different engine as a lower model is not a bad idea. Obviously the thing needs to be redesigned but I like the tragedy. I’m still in the boat of leaving the GTR as the halo car $100+ and then doing a new Z that offers a T4, a NA V6 and then the TTV6. That formula works for GM and Ford.

Plus having 2 new sports cars would really help Nissans image at the moment. Going back to basics of making sports cars and the rest of the line sharing those cars dna.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/24/...-carlos-ghosn/
Old 04-24-2019, 06:12 PM   #11813
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I’m still in the boat of leaving the GTR as the halo car $100+ and then doing a new Z that offers a T4, a NA V6 and then the TTV6. That formula works for GM and Ford.
Sounds good, but I've lost all hope in Nissan attempting to pull that off.

I also think GM and Ford benefits from economies of scale with the parts sharing across their lineup of cars and trucks.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:59 PM   #11814
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Sounds good, but I've lost all hope in Nissan attempting to pull that off.

I also think GM and Ford benefits from economies of scale with the parts sharing across their lineup of cars and trucks.
You forget Nissan is just smaller than Ford in volume globally. Economies is Ssale isn’t an issue. That shit effects Mazda certainly but not Nissan.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:52 PM   #11815
feito
Nissanaholic!

Hell, wasnt the z offered in both 2 seater and 2+2 up until the z33? Now you dont even get a premium engine option haha.
On a different note, I wasnt aware early gtr's had gone down in price so much. Saw an 09 for 50k locally. Low mileage too. I thought it wasn't a bad price, but im not into those things so...
Old 04-25-2019, 01:43 PM   #11816
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Hell, wasnt the z offered in both 2 seater and 2+2 up until the z33? Now you dont even get a premium engine option haha.
On a different note, I wasnt aware early gtr's had gone down in price so much. Saw an 09 for 50k locally. Low mileage too. I thought it wasn't a bad price, but im not into those things so...
240z’s and 260z’s were never offered in 2+2 . That whole BS started with the 280.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 04:14 PM   #11817
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Still do, it's called a G35/G37.

Quote:
$50k is cheap for a 10 year old car that cost $75k new?

A major disappointment with the R35 is that despite the huge price tag, it's a Nissan. Interior build quality, paint finish, design, etc, it's all Altima Coupe.

Older cars have all grimmy peely interiors with worn leather, loose knobs and what not.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:39 PM   #11818
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
You forget Nissan is just smaller than Ford in volume globally. Economies is Ssale isn’t an issue. That shit effects Mazda certainly but not Nissan.
It's a even bigger issue.

As I've stated going from 2,500 to 25,000 is going to move a part from $100/each to $10/each.

In the case of Ford and GM, they are moving from 1.5 Million to 1.8 Million to save 8/10ths a cent each.

This goes back to my point about the R35. 1,500 world wide units a year is just stupid. Porsche moves 32,000 991 Varients world wide annually (10k in USA).

Nissan is in that Mitsubishi death spiral. Lame products don't sell, no money to make new products.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:14 PM   #11819
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
240z’s and 260z’s were never offered in 2+2 . That whole BS started with the 280.
I thought all s30s had offered 2+2. Not that Im a fan, imo that ruined the classic beautiful lines of the s30. BS indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Still do, it's called a G35/G37.

$50k is cheap for a 10 year old car that cost $75k new?

A major disappointment with the R35 is that despite the huge price tag, it's a Nissan. Interior build quality, paint finish, design, etc, it's all Altima Coupe.

Older cars have all grimmy peely interiors with worn leather, loose knobs and what not.
See, Im not into gtr's and thought they were around 100k back then.
I learned two things today
Hey, at least it aint mopar quality . Bbut yeah, new nissan quality does suck. Wonder the percentage of early gtr with faded and peely paint.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:03 AM   #11820
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I thought all s30s had offered 2+2. Not that Im a fan, imo that ruined the classic beautiful lines of the s30. BS indeed.

See, Im not into gtr's and thought they were around 100k back then.
I learned two things today
Hey, at least it aint mopar quality . Bbut yeah, new nissan quality does suck. Wonder the percentage of early gtr with faded and peely paint.
not 240z. 74 260z came out in 2+2 and later the 280z.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote