Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Borg Warner EFR turbo testing on Brewed S13 KA-t

While working with Full Race and Borg Warner I was lucky enough to do some early testing on one of the efr 6258 turbos. Here is a brief description of the car and some short vids enjoy.

sohc ka24-t
Tested a Borg Warner EFR series turbo 6258
AEM EMS Brewed tune
V mount IC and pwr radiator set up
Custom Full Race Manifold and Down pipe
8gal. fuel cell
Extra special JIC coils valved by Jon him self
all adjustable control arms
s14 5 lug set up
300zx front brakes
custom rear sub frame
NRG deep dish steering wheel
Enkei RPF1's 18x10.5 15mm front 3mm spacer and rear 25mm spacer

YouTube - ‪Brewed Motorsports S13 ka-t Borg Warner EFR turbo testing 6258 AEM EMS tuning‬‏

YouTube - ‪Brewed Motorsports Borg Warner efr turbo track testing‬‏

Big thanks goes out to every one at: Full Race, JIC, AEM, Enkei, Borg Warner!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
hm you tube bb code not working for some reason?
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
s15lover
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
s15lover is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to s15lover
great production, however pertinent info would be appreciated by all, like what were your spool times versus your previous setup, dyno graphs, etc. As you know alot of people are on the fence about these turbos, I expected to see some comparison info. Definitely can appreciate the riff on the second vid...good song.
s15lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
OkiDori17
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
OkiDori17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yeah im looking into the 7064 for my sr build...id like to see some spool times and comparisons to your other setup as well =]
Old 07-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Even just a picture of the engine bay/turbo setup would be nice.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by s15lover View Post
pertinent info would be appreciated by all, like what were your spool times versus your previous setup, dyno graphs, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Even just a picture of the engine bay/turbo setup would be nice.
No, No, can't do that... It's G35 Classified!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Seems to be the case with most EFR builds when they really don't outpeform the GT/GTX stuff.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6pu8wzsNE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN5sy0nlecE

I'll check this out later, but I don't expect anything ground breaking from a motor probably 5 people care about.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Seems to be the case with most EFR builds when they really don't outpeform the GT/GTX stuff.

Def, can you please elaborate? I've heard claims that they spool "faster" and "out-flow" a similar sized GT/GTX series turbo... I find it hard to believe, however I believe they do have better wheel material on the exhaust side of the turbo.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Def, can you please elaborate? I've heard claims that they spool "faster" and "out-flow" a similar sized GT/GTX series turbo... I find it hard to believe, however I believe they do have better wheel material on the exhaust side of the turbo.
At this point in time the data is not efficient enough for anyone to elaborate. We keep getting the run around from people who say they're going to provide this and that.

So the OP's car for instance is a KA-T. A single cam KA24 at that.

Who else do you know is fixing to buy a garret gtx to throw it on a ka24 with a similar ems setup as the OP then number crunch?

Then factor in different dynos, locations, etc.

All anyone can do is armchair elaborate until Full-Race steps up and does the testing and shares the results themselves rather than sharing great you tube videos of how awesome the turbo is.

I still plan on getting one regardless. But asking for anyones input on the matter at this point is irrelevant.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #11
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
There are threads in other forums comparing the two turbos with specific number and data on spool time and power output. I'll add the links when I get home tomorrow, in both instances the EFR outperformed the gtx
I believe they tested 3 different versions on the EFR against it's counterparts.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

I'll be posting up all the data and results as soon as the car is back in action (cosmetic repairs) Sorry I didn't have it to post at the same time as the videos, i know there are a grip of people hungry for good EFR data and results!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
darkevildrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
darkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfectiondarkevildrifter is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to darkevildrifter
Ive got a GTX w/ Tial vband turbo so lick my anus!
Old 07-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #14
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkevildrifter View Post
Ive got a GTX w/ Tial vband turbo so lick my anus!
if you ask like that, then sure..lol
hehe you got the turbo you wanted lol, it'll still be sick, but I warned you about the performance thing and the savings you could have by not having to run external bov and waistgate
Old 07-18-2011, 02:09 AM   #15
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssTjGgQQrdE
Old 07-18-2011, 02:16 AM   #16
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Well this thread is completely useless so far... I don't care to see another drift video with fancy camera shots.. When I read "Borg Warner EFR turbo testing on Brewed S13 KA-t", I expect some data and numbers of said "turbo testing".

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
Well this thread is completely useless so far... I don't care to see another drift video with fancy camera shots.. When I read "Borg Warner EFR turbo testing on Brewed S13 KA-t", I expect some data and numbers of said "turbo testing".
Quoted for the truth... Who cares about your paint scheme, we want data... We want to see a dyno with the amount of power it did or didn't make. So far I'm going to stick with my GTX3076R.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #18
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunermt View Post
I'll be posting up all the data and results as soon as the car is back in action (cosmetic repairs) Sorry I didn't have it to post at the same time as the videos, i know there are a grip of people hungry for good EFR data and results!
By all means i'm not here to say the EFR is gods gift to turbos and everyone should switch to BW by any means just wanted to post up what i had to offer as i know there isn't much out on the EFR's quite yet.

I will actually more than likely be using a GT28 on this set up again and the EFR will find it's way onto a SR. Either way i'll have dyno graphs and AEM data logs shortly.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
natejackson
Leaky Injector

natejackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep this BREWED shit popin dogg!
natejackson is offline   Reply With Quote