Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-28-2022, 06:05 AM   #7891
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I should probably just PM Poorman, but..

I replaced my RUCA this past weekend due to bad heims. (Contemplating replacing the toe and traction rods while i'm at it) but before I go to get an alignment, is there anything I should adjust for any sort of advantage? I know thats a very vague question. The car is a strict street car. So basic alignments have always been fine. Figured its worth asking as i've seen people say "Adjust X rod for X result".

Edit: Just saw his comment about traction rod being extended the same length as my camber arm. I should stop going on the forums at 6AM... I have his number. I'll text him.

Last edited by tuzzio; 03-28-2022 at 07:42 AM..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2022, 09:28 AM   #7892
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Haha that information is courtesy of Motary, I cannot claim to have done the testing like he did. I do however, spread the gospel of traction rod length whenever and wherever I can lol.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 09:42 AM   #7893
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond reputetuzzio has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I do however, spread the gospel of traction rod length whenever and wherever I can lol.
I chuckled too hard at this. Seems like the sweet spot is extending the traction rod .25 inches. Seems like 8.25" is stock, and 8.5" is niiiiice.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 09:25 AM   #7894
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Just to make sure you’re on the same page here, it’s not that the traction arms should be the same length as the RUCA, it’s that it should be extended the same amount as the RUCA has been. So if you’ve extended the RUCA 1” over factory length to get the camber setting you want, you should extend the traction arm the same amount.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:53 PM   #7895
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Does anybody have any experience with GKtech extended ball joints? They claim 20mm of roll center correction.

https://us.gktech.com/bj291-ball-joint-1
Old 06-21-2022, 05:52 AM   #7896
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post
Does anybody have any experience with GKtech extended ball joints? They claim 20mm of roll center correction.

https://us.gktech.com/bj291-ball-joint-1
I've been running the old school moonface roll center ball joints.

I don't know the amount of correct but it helps level out the LCA.

It's better than nothing and was the cheapest option at the times.

Also, sup Matt
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:48 PM   #7897
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Wisefab's prototype front-steer S-chassis kit, currently used by James Deane and Odi Bakchis.

Old 09-24-2022, 09:23 PM   #7898
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Old 09-29-2022, 09:06 AM   #7899
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Wisefab's prototype front-steer S-chassis kit, currently used by James Deane and Odi Bakchis.

This is very interesting. I've always wondered why nobody has done this yet. The old S30 chassis are front steer and have a similar, yet more primative, front suspension to s-chassis. There have been people use s-chassis front knuckles on S30's flipped around, right on left etc. That does require modification of the tie rod pickup angle but nothing that hasn't been done in drifting before.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 04:22 PM   #7900
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Bolts aren't tight.