Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #31
shanelach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shanelach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
Whens the last time you bought from shine? My friend was their composite worker, he was good. He quit and now they suck imo. Terrible fitment and really weak strength.
I just purchased a bumper a month or so ago. Over the weekend it did this and came right back without breaking
Old 03-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #32
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by archonftw View Post
anyone have experience with duraflex d1 style front over fenders? I have a pair and I will be installing them soon but when I put them on the car to mock up it looked like it would be fitting like shit. for s13
duraflex is an Extreme Dimensions product whos quality has been reviewed many times in this thread.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #33
KAs14slider
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her selfKAs14slider is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't care about how duraflex fits, I just want to find a cheap front bumper for my s14 that can take a beating. Like the s13 bumper in the pic above. Does anyone have experience with the duraflex. It might fit like shit, but does it stand up to abuse? I have gone through a couple real origin fronts and a few knockoffs, I just keep destroying them from daily driving and my bumper being super low. I even tried reinforcing them and it doesn't matter.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 AM   #34
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAs14slider View Post
I don't care about how duraflex fits, I just want to find a cheap front bumper for my s14 that can take a beating. Like the s13 bumper in the pic above. Does anyone have experience with the duraflex. It might fit like shit, but does it stand up to abuse? I have gone through a couple real origin fronts and a few knockoffs, I just keep destroying them from daily driving and my bumper being super low. I even tried reinforcing them and it doesn't matter.
There is no cheap bumper that will do this. Duraflex cracked when I hit a cone mid drift and was sucked under the bumper. Friend also had the exact same experience. They are brittle. P.o.s.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #35
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i used to run an ED blister kit and it fit really well and was higher quality than i expected. i think it depends on the kits. newer designs have beter fitment while old designs ie. vertex have bad fitment

huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 AM   #36
naw_speed
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
naw_speed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so the s13 is mine and the s14 is my buddy's. he had originally purchased a set of origin fenders to fix a damaged s14 front end. now they were painted and installed by a paint/body shop but, the shop had nothing but great things to say about the fitment of the fenders. very little modification... now i was so impressed wit the fitment on his car that i decided to purchased a set of s13 fenders for my silvia conversion. straight out the box the fitment was great. i'm not a body guy so bondo, filling, and sanding is something that is new to me "and i'm am going to say the little i had to do i didn't like". but all of the install/paint was done i my garage. i am very happy wit the lines and the end result. i will be buying more Origin products. if you have any question PM me. and i have alot more pic so if there is a certain angle you are lookin for let me know.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #37
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelach View Post
I just purchased a bumper a month or so ago. Over the weekend it did this and came right back without breaking.
This is awesome. This is something none of my friends understand, that there are quality kits out there that are actually flexible. It's good to finally see some real life examples.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #38
208s14.5
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
208s14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I ordered the vertex kit from ED, upon receiving the kit it looked really good. Went to fit the kit and was instantly dissatisfied with the fitment, I've only mounted one side of the skirts and the front bumper. Im having to cut out a big piece of the grill in order to fit it to do the bumper support. Will be mounting everything tomorrow and will edit my post with pictures. The previous owner also used there fenders for the conversion and the fitment was horrendous.
208s14.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #39
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Jordan Innovation makes BN fenders that fit SPOT ON
Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #40
vq35SMASH
Leaky Injector

vq35SMASH is an unknown quantity at this point
justin, im still gonna steal those. but i need tp pick up a set of the origin fenders. my metal ones are trashed but i keep seeing bad reviews for origin. any other recomendations that are in the origin price range??
Old 04-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #41
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Picked up a Shine Auto lip for my s14.
Impressions: well made, flexible and thin
Did a quick fit check when I dropped it off at paint and it appeared to line up well and not required additional massaging.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #42
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have an Origin Aggressive kit for s13. Rear bumper fitment for the coupe was AWFUL. Stamp on parts shows Mould #1, maybe it's geting outta wack. Skirts and front bumper fit great.

I have Extreme Dimensions front overs on my hatch. Fitement wasn't terrible, some trimming. I beilive the rear bumper on my hatch is ED as well. Fit really, really good. Didn't touch it.

di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #43
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow that is depressing... id get my $$ back asap fuck that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
So when I started this thread, I had this kit and fenders on order from Extreme Dimensions. I was told that they would fit with "maybe some minor modifications" out of the box.

Basically this is going to need major trimming and block sanding to even mock up on the car, needless to say, I'm a little disappointed.

I'm currently in talks with them about what they're going to do about this, so we'll see how they come through...
Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #44
Dauzat's 40
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Dauzat's 40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have Extreme Dimensions: front and rear overfenders(30mm), The quality was okay, did need some work but nothing too extreme. So i then ordered the Type U duraflex kit for my s14, front bumper fit pretty good, back bumper needed trimming where it wraps around the quarter pannel and the exhaust cut out was horrible, it definetely wasn't designed for a nice angled upsweep exhaust to go through because the HKS hi-power doesn't line up in the cut out, had to cut a good 2-3 inches out of it to make exhaust clear. The sideskirts did actually fit really well, but they were a horrible replica of the actual Uras type 4 skirt. They don't flare out as much and don't hang as low. After countless emails to them about the sideskirt being wrong and not matching, they eventually just blew me off by saying that they didn't see anything wrong with what i had. CAUTION!!! IF PARTS ARE WRONG THEY WILL USE THE OLD, I CAN'T TELL FROM THE PICTURES BECAUSE WHEEL OFFSET, HEIGHT AND PAINT WILL MAKE IT HARD TO SEE THAT THE PARTS ARE COMPLETELY WRONG. Sorry for the long post, but from an unhappy customer DON'T BUY FROM EXTREME DIMENSION. Oh and duraflex is a joke it will crack and bust just as easily as normal fiberglass.
Dauzat's 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #45
trxrx7
Leaky Injector

trxrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have had different bumpers from different companies in both fiberglass(duraflex same crap mixed with other crap, only a little stronger NOT a big difference) and urethane(on different cars). if you want your aero to fit better and flex like the one from the red hatch (which is very sexy btw) you have to buy a urethane product they really are pretty much indestructible and the reason of them fitting better is because the are trimmed by a machine. fiberglass aero is handmade and fitment will depend on the worker if he gives a crap about his job that day (starts with cleaning the mold properly, removing all the air bubbles when rolling on the fibers and trimming the right amount on the edges after taking it out of the mold) thats why there are some guys that say their extreme dimensions aero fits good and some say its......well you saw the pics, and that goes for other companies too!!! the bad part is not every bumper is available in urethane and they are expensive. i still buy fiberglass bumpers, cause my car is not a show car and im gonna beat them anyway while drifting, but i dont buy them from websites only if i find some for cheap locally, i would rather spend a little more money when buying a brand new bumper and know for sure that it is properly made and can take a few love tap's! but thats just how i see it.

can't really comment on fenders cause i dont have any, but im planning on getting some soon and im not expecting a direct bolt on cause i know the will need some work!
trxrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #46
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Just FYI, I sent all those pictures in to ED along with a body shop quote, and through a somewhat drawn out process, they gave me $200 back.

Needless to say I'll be buying new aero from someone else. My buddy is going to make this kit work on his car.

Hey Extreme Dimensions, if you read this, here's my two cents. Make your molds better, make your parts fit decent, and people will buy from you. It's as simple as that. Nobody likes doing an excessive amount of bodywork, especially for the fragile "duraflex" that your parts are made out of. I hope you can turn your business around.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #47
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Out of the three companies I have purchased aero from in the past; Version Select, Chaser, AIT; the AIT parts were the nicest and fit the best. They make their aero out of that green fiberglass stuff, or at least they did back then.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #48
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Out of the three companies I have purchased aero from in the past; Version Select, Chaser, AIT; the AIT parts were the nicest and fit the best. They make their aero out of that green fiberglass stuff, or at least they did back then.
Thanks for the info, too bad they don't have more of a selection!

Anyone have experience with VIS S13 stuff? One guy said their Kouki 180SX bumper fit well, any others? I'm still up in the air about what aero I want.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #49
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Currently, I have AIT. Fits alright just being mounted with zip ties. In the past, I've had Chaser duraflex and they fit AWFUL especially the front. Satisfied with the sides and rear, though so I'm gonna go OEM Kouki front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #50
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Anyone have experience with VIS S13 stuff?
VIS is actually what I am going with next. Not sure how soon though.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #51
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I liked my Version Select V2 and the few folks I knew who went with AIT were happy with them fitment wise. Both needed some blocking and trimming but atleast they were not short or bowed like ass.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #52
EdwardHZ

EdwardHZ is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had AIT and now have some of chaser aero's stuff. The AIT stuff fit decently with zip ties. It didn't take too much to make it fit. Chaser's front bumper isn't horrible, but my rear overs were god awful. It took forever and a day to try and get the stuff to fit decently.
EdwardHZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #53
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I've been shopping around and it seems like most of vis/Ed new designs fit pretty well. That's probably what I'll end up going with. 30mm vis rear overs and Ed kit of some sort
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #54
josh_schul
Zilvia Member

josh_schul is an unknown quantity at this point
Man wish this was around before i went aero shopping... looks like i may have lucked out.

But... I have a full Vis Works9 Replica Kit, Dmax roof spoiler and a replica GP Sports spoiler on there way by the end of the month so hopefully i can get some fitment info on all that.
josh_schul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #55
chrisjakcj
Leaky Injector

chrisjakcj is an unknown quantity at this point
i have ED sideskirts and fitment sucks ass ill have to put in work, also have bmagic vented fenders they are really thin ill see how it goes
chrisjakcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #56
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have an Origin kit and my fitment was pretty iffy on the sides and rear. I ended up buying used Greddy Gracer sides and doing a lot of work on the rear. Check my build thread if you would like pics because it is very in depth. I have DMax rear overs and they are great.
bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #57
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_schul View Post
Man wish this was around before i went aero shopping... looks like i may have lucked out.

But... I have a full Vis Works9 Replica Kit, Dmax roof spoiler and a replica GP Sports spoiler on there way by the end of the month so hopefully i can get some fitment info on all that.
Good luck to you, every single replica I've seen look wavy as fuck. Only way I would have bought a kit from Chaser Aero would have been me driving to MD and picking it up and test fitting that shit at their parking lot.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #58
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
A bunch of my buddies had Dmax Aero, that stuff fit like OEM it was amazing.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #59
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
My Dmax 50mm coupe overs fit awesome.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #60
josh_schul
Zilvia Member

josh_schul is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Good luck to you, every single replica I've seen look wavy as fuck. Only way I would have bought a kit from Chaser Aero would have been me driving to MD and picking it up and test fitting that shit at their parking lot.
I didnt order it through Chaser... after reading about their service i ordered it from VIS directly. However, as for wavey panels one of the auto body techs at work is helping me fix/prep the aero and fit it as well so... Im sure that we can get it to look decent. Im trying to have faith in Vis here but i know what i paid for it and dont expect perfection.
josh_schul is offline   Reply With Quote