Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 10-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The idiocracy that is California

Whenever I see news of something completely insane, I no longer say "Florida!" I now say "California!"

How did Cali take over as the new Florida? The vast majority of Zilvians are from Cali. Someone's got some answers.

New California law, the first of its kind, requires racial diversity on corporate boards of directors
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...?ocid=msedgntp

SB 104: Healthcare for undocumented immigrants
https://calcoasttimes.com/2019/07/10...bill-into-law/
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Offfffffff, this thread will not be kind to u good sir. I applaud the post but this is zilvia...lol
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:03 AM   #3
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
The Californian government only exists to troll Republicans until the move to a different state.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:24 AM   #4
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Yeah, y'all want us to move out so you can hog the wildfires, earthquakes and Kardashians to yourself.

Good riddance.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I doubt you'll see many/any Californian Zilvians defending the actions of our feckless leaders.

We suffer needlessly at the hands of a corrupt and stupid CARB and EPA. Many of us have been pulled over because our car "looks like a race car" and that gives probable cause for cops to search the car, pop the hood, and determine legality.

Those of us who are small business owners deal with constant worry that one of our employees will narc on some unknown-to-us footnote and we'll have to pay a fine we aren't expecting.

Modern Californian politics have grown on the backs of obfuscation and ignorance.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #6
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
California *coof*indoctrination*coof* on display^^^
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:40 AM   #7
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
No one forces you to suffer. You stay there and take it until you prolapse, ask for a courtesy stuffing and then keep on rolling. You're a free man. You're not chained and binded to that shit hole of a state. What a shame, too. Beautiful state to visit, terrible state to stay in.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #8
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
No one forces me to stay, correct.

But I'm 20 minutes from fantastic driving roads, 30 minutes from the beach, an hour and a half from Anza Borrego, two hours from Idyllwild, three hours from Big Bear or Death Valley, four hours from Vegas. I'm half a day from being in Mexico drinking a Corona on the beach and eating seafood that was swimming hours earlier.

I can load up and be on a nineteenth-century mining trail within five hours, spend the next seven days on variations of that trail including multiple mine ruins, and never have to worry about a camping permit or trespassing. At the end of it, I can wash the desert dust off at the beach.

Oh noes, he actually likes it there. INDOCTRINATION! BRAINWASHING! HOBBIES!
Old 10-06-2020, 11:24 AM   #9
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
It's gotta be something in their water that makes them crazy. Just look at this guy's logic.

>Politicians are making the issues, even though we vote for the politicians and the issues
>I'm not indoctrinated, I have HOBBIES!

Maybe the droughts from their runoff mismanagement has them severely dehydrated.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #10
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
>Politicians are making the issues, even though we vote for the politicians and the issues
You understand how voting works right? It doesn?t always go your way. Do you agree with ever fucking law in Arizona? I hope not...

People live in states that offer them things that they like. No indoctrination required.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #11
zombiewolf513
BANNED

When the majority of people are voting for the stupid ideas.... Either your populace is stupid or youre indoctrinated, or both.
If youre living in a state bc you like the idiocracy there, YOURE INDOCTRINATED. No passing blame required.

Arizona laws are pretty great, actually. Only things I disagree with is how any amount of recreational weed possession is a felony and abortion is legal.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:14 PM   #12
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

New England is pretty chill - NH more specifically. We are 0 miles from swimming in a river while staring at Mount Washington, have seasons, can sit in our backyard drinking a keg and shooting guns at the moon, can sit on my porch naked drinking a coffee while feeding moose and can do pretty much whatever the fuck I want that isn't completely retarded that'll land me in jail. And that's only if I piss the cops off enough. Usually they just walk away and high five you for not making them work. Crime is also next to nothing and we are left alone.

Only thing is the lack of jobs in specific spots but that's chill. I have a home in RI where I work the 9-5 and then retreat on the weekends, holidays and vacations.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:32 PM   #13
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
If youre living in a state bc you like the idiocracy there, YOURE INDOCTRINATED.
Well, then no, no indoctrination found. Just a love for the outdoors and accessibility of just about every type of environment. I?ll deal with the taxes, fires, and vampire king governor as long as I can keep exploring this beautifully idiotic state.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:36 PM   #14
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Well, then no, no indoctrination found. Just a love for the outdoors and accessibility of just about every type of environment. I?ll deal with the taxes, fires, and vampire king governor as long as I can keep exploring this beautifully idiotic state.
"Let it burn. Who cares as long as I'm the one who gets to rape it. I'll just blame Arizona."

Californians
Old 10-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #15
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
"Let it burn. Who cares as long as I'm the one who gets to rape it. I'll just blame Arizona."

Californians
?Hello? Satire? Someone needs you to explain what you are to them again.?

The hell does AZ have to do with this thread?
Old 10-06-2020, 01:40 PM   #16
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
for me so far the pros outweigh the cons. politically I’m definitely at odds with much of the policies in CA as are the high cost of living but the amount of recreational activities are hard to beat.

now if I were to start a business, yes would be far more motivated to move out. as of right now Id have my income taxes closer to 25% from say tx, az vs 33% for CA, not to mention 10% sales tax and high property taxes. definitely conflicted as I enjoy CA more but its not the sensible choice in terms finances.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 08:40 AM   #17
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

You can get the same amount of activities in just about any state if you take more than six seconds to look. East Coast has the same cool shit at probably 5% of the cost. Shit, even Utah and Montana and all those weird ass states have tons of beautiful shit to do. You're justifying staying in that shit hole and that's on you.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:09 AM   #18
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
You can get the same amount of activities in just about any state if you take more than six seconds to look. East Coast has the same cool shit at probably 5% of the cost. Shit, even Utah and Montana and all those weird ass states have tons of beautiful shit to do. You're justifying staying in that shit hole and that's on you.
The East Coast doesn't have literally anywhere near the amount of public land. I can dispersed camp all over California. We can get into a pissing contest that no one wins, if you'd like.

Utah and Montana are harder to make a good living while doing what I know how to do. One of my suppliers says it's damn near impossible to find someone who doesn't have a substance abuse problem and is mechanically-oriented in SLC.

I have a business here, about two hours from LAX and an hour from SAN. There is a huge Porsche owner population in SoCal, some of our suppliers are here. One of the biggest vintage Porsche shows in the country is in LA and Anaheim. Rennsport Reunion is at Laguna Seca, and driving and showing our cars during Monterey Car Week helped get our name on the map.

Politics do not maketh the state. They are but one part of a whole.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:38 AM   #19
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Oh but they do. Where our tax dollars go, and where they don't will impact the condition of the roads you drive on, how much your pay for a house and how many feces and heroin needles you have walk around in downtown LA. I could write endlessly about all the shit I've had to deal with here from getting tickets for a shiny muffer to living down the street from this:

The middle class gets fucked here. Wages for the most part are a bit higher, but don't even come close to justifying the cost of living. It's a broken system with ass-backwards policies and just not a good deal imo. Sure the beaches and weather are nice, but what's the point when you need dual incomes to get by? My wife and I have been looking at moving out of this place for years and we are finally in a good time to get out. Looking at CO, TX and other places at the moment.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #20
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
The East Coast doesn't have literally anywhere near the amount of public land. I can dispersed camp all over California. We can get into a pissing contest that no one wins, if you'd like.

Utah and Montana are harder to make a good living while doing what I know how to do. One of my suppliers says it's damn near impossible to find someone who doesn't have a substance abuse problem and is mechanically-oriented in SLC.

I have a business here, about two hours from LAX and an hour from SAN. There is a huge Porsche owner population in SoCal, some of our suppliers are here. One of the biggest vintage Porsche shows in the country is in LA and Anaheim. Rennsport Reunion is at Laguna Seca, and driving and showing our cars during Monterey Car Week helped get our name on the map.

I mean, I am a GM of a truck upfitting company that has outfits all over the place. I've been to Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Utah, Montana, Florida, New York, all of New England, Washington, Michigan, Arizona and Texas just company related. I've also been to California. While - yes, it has beautiful places all over the place from Joshua Tree to Sequoia, you're justifying living in a place and getting financially raped because it has pretty shit.

Maybe you should look into living in NH or ME or VT. Plenty of business opportunity, no shortness of cool shit to see and everything costs nothing. Oh, and you have all your rights as a fucking human.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #21
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
My wife and I have been looking at moving out of this place for years and we are finally in a good time to get out. Looking at CO, TX and other places at the moment.
Don't mean to double post but I don't really care. TX is a great option. I was stationed there as was my sister in a different part and it is cheap to live, what you get for your money is astronomical, people are generally more chill if you aren't in the shit hole part of town and you have all your rights.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:19 PM   #22
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Don't mean to double post but I don't really care. TX is a great option. I was stationed there as was my sister in a different part and it is cheap to live, what you get for your money is astronomical, people are generally more chill if you aren't in the shit hole part of town and you have all your rights.
I love TX. The property taxes are like 3x as much as they are here, but if you make a good salary and don't have a crazy expensive house it kind of evens out.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #23
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

The house I have here is about 20 years old and probably around half a million. The same house out there brand new with a pool, grotto and a fucking helipad is probably half that. Easily.

The only thing you give up in some locations is the space. You won't have the same property size unless you go out into the sticks. The city is a little more cramped. But again, gas and cigs are like half as much and the salaries are pretty fucking good.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:48 PM   #24
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Shit...none of yall live in FLORIDA..STOP COMPLAINING.

this state is pure fukery...got about 5more years here and im out, never comen back!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #25
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:
I should specify I don?t care too much about outdoorsey stuff. yes if its the outdoors agreed. would move to the east coast and get the 4 seasons.

I like larger multicultural cities and the activities it provides like good restaurants. that CA has a great access to racetracks and car culture is another bonus other large cities like NY, Chicago, Seattle lack. If I were to leave LA those would be the alternatives, sadly also cities I cannot bring myself to agree with politically but to me worth the cost of admission.

Ive travelled a bit in phoenix, austin (most overrated city aside from the bbq), denver, vegas for week long trainings. they are fine but just dont do it for me. can always move out later if things get worse in CA, which seems more likely than not.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #26
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/u...in-opioid.html

California really is a gem if you exclude the main reason people go - the natural beauty.

From housing failed actors/actresses, drug addicts and shit head celebrities sprinkled with high rates of natural disaster, insane laws and silly wages/taxes, it's a shit hole.
Old 10-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #27
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I should specify I don?t care too much about outdoorsey stuff. yes if its the outdoors agreed. would move to the east coast and get the 4 seasons.

I like larger multicultural cities and the activities it provides like good restaurants. that CA has a great access to racetracks and car culture is another bonus other large cities like NY, Chicago, Seattle lack. If I were to leave LA those would be the alternatives, sadly also cities I cannot bring myself to agree with politically but to me worth the cost of admission.

Ive travelled a bit in phoenix, austin (most overrated city aside from the bbq), denver, vegas for week long trainings. they are fine but just dont do it for me. can always move out later if things get worse in CA, which seems more likely than not.
Leave it to a Californian to boil down multiculturalism to 'good food'. That's racist, no? They dont just make your food.

Secondly, to think only California offers 'good food' is dumb. I was in butt-fuck Ohio last month and got authentic pho on a whim. I've tried sushi from around the world (tons in california [which is shit btw]), and a place in Phoenix has the best sushi I've ever had outside of Japan. Immigrants live everywhere and contribute everywhere dumb dumb.

Leave it to a Californian to enable problems until its in their back yard, then flee to somewhere else and let it happen again. Stay in selfish California, deal with your consequences, and fix your own state's problems. Dont come shit up AZ with this nonsense. AZ sucks anyway, you dont want to be here, no outdoors stuff to do year round AT ALL, no gun rights either, sucks, stay out!
Old 10-07-2020, 03:01 PM   #28
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Leave it to a Californian to enable problems until its in their back yard, then flee to somewhere else and let it happen again. Stay in selfish California, deal with your consequences, and fix your own state's problems. Dont come shit up AZ with this nonsense. AZ sucks anyway, you dont want to be here, no outdoors stuff to do year round AT ALL, no gun rights either, sucks, stay out!
lol you're already fucked. I've been seeing a lot of people moving there from CA and Seattle and my grandparents have been complaining about how liberal it's been getting for yearsssssss

Everyone always has to rationalize where they live like it matters. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, fucking move. No one cares.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:29 PM   #29
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
shit, im actually looking to leave California for Florida. yes, us small business owners get stuffed with taxes, crazy fucking regulations..etc. looking for my exit. and Zilvia....oh fuck, if youre Pro-Trump, youll get negative rep ASAP lol
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #30
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ddy View Post
and Zilvia....oh fuck, if youre Pro-Trump, youll get negative rep ASAP lol
Does anyone really care about that shit anymore? It's the same people in here day in and day out..