Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-19-2020, 06:17 AM   #271
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My reverse lights work until the engine reaches operating temp. As soon as the engine is warm, boom, fuse blown for reverse lights.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2020, 10:52 AM   #272
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
My reverse lights work until the engine reaches operating temp. As soon as the engine is warm, boom, fuse blown for reverse lights.
short to ground, check harness or switch
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:56 PM   #273
AMD 240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
AMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AMD 240
I have a few. Wiper speed 1 doesn't work too well. No auto return and it stops mid way through the sweep for a moment then continues on again. I also have a weird issue with the brake pedal. The ash tray light and clock back light flicker and the chime starts dinging if the car is off. Oh and the plate light flickers when I press the brake pedal as well.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #274
FacetiousEngima

FacetiousEngima is an unknown quantity at this point
z31; EFI relay

The E.F.I. relay in my 1985 z31 doesn't get power. Don't know why. All of the relays "work", every thing else in the car gets power and works. This means the fuel pump gets power but doesn't run. Absolutely mint car too except this super rare and unsolved issue that makes it no more than a stationary 80's artwork installation in my driveway.
FacetiousEngima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:39 AM   #275
Sway500
Zilvia Member

Sway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to all
My pop up lights on my 92 240sx with pop up using the switch to turn on the lights or the pop up switch, however they will not go down when using the pop up switch, only when wind downward. Been trying to figure it out for years now, no dice.
Sway500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #276
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacetiousEngima View Post
The E.F.I. relay in my 1985 z31 doesn't get power. Don't know why. All of the relays "work", every thing else in the car gets power and works. This means the fuel pump gets power but doesn't run. Absolutely mint car too except this super rare and unsolved issue that makes it no more than a stationary 80's artwork installation in my driveway.
if the fuel pump gets power, then either you have a bad ground, or a bad pump.

grab the wiring diagrams and trace where the EFI relay is fed power from, and sort out WHY it isn't getting that power.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #277
ZX88
Post Whore!

ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
anyone ever experience the fuel pump priming when an accessory item is switch.

This seemed to happen out of nowhere. This is when the key is at acc.

if i click on the hazards the fuel pump constantly primes

If i turn highbeams on the pump primes.

If i push the brake pedal the fuel pump primes

car is running an AEM series 2, and a walbro 255 (walbro is 3years old), Never had this issue before the car has had this set up for almost 10 years without any issues.

My CAS plug seems to be a little jack but im not sure that a bad connection there would cause this. Car also is running like shit. It definitly has fuel (it smells rich) but my afrs go lean at idle.

anyone got any ideas?
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:08 PM   #278
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Check your grounds...
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:43 PM   #279
silver_s13

silver_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
My Speedo on my S14 instantly moves to 5mph when I hook the battery up and when I turn the key on, it goes to 20mph. I haven’t even started the car yet. I just got the interior put back together and found this.
silver_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #280
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
my speedometer just wont work consistently.

Before you ask:

1. yes I already re-soldered the board. It worked fine for like a week then went back to shit.
2. Yes I have tried a known working one. It worked but laggged.
3. Yes I have replaced the speed sensor.
4. yes my odometer works
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote