Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #2101
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
I met Adam LZ not knowing anything about the whole youtube thing until after...he's a chill dude that likes drifting and he's a good driver.

I feel like half the people in here are those weirdos that hover 10 feet away from you at events and never say a word, then they get home and post about it.

Except max, max is cool.
...as opposed to...? Telling him he fucking sucks and giving him more video content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I just want to watch exhaust sound videos that aren't 18 minutes long. Why do I need to listen to you talk in circles about how excited your are to get the exhaust while you're driving 15 minutes to pick it up? And then when it's finally time to hear the exhaust they play music that sounds like distorted white noise with rhythmic squeaking and some shrunken woman singing. I should have taken a clue when the thumbnail of the video consisted of the dude pointing to his car with his hand over his mouth..I can usually tolerate about 2 minutes of this fuckery before I leave confused and angry. Get your shit together people.
This is so spot on it hurts. I understand the YT algorithm but I also just want to get to the fucking point...especially in videos you're watching when trying to troubleshoot.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:08 PM   #2102
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Because 40 seconds of content doesn't allow you to bank the same as 10-20 minutes of content. There is an algorithm that they have to abide by to make specific tiers of money. While I get this, I also agree. Especially the fuck head something Miata - the Fuckdick kid - from Haggard. While the names there should be alarming, the lisp is even worse. I think I've gone to that extra step of blocking his content from my accounts.
As with most things in life, if you do something purely for money it just ends up sucking. Put the fucking thing on and then talk about it. I'd much rather listen to specs on the exhaust, fitment, loudness in db, you know-useful information and not filler. And if you decide to use a potato to record the exhaust sound you should be exiled from this country.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:42 PM   #2103
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I am so glad I'm not the only one asking people to post up POV driving/racing videos with no music, no passengers screaming, and no talking.

I find race media on youtube very helpful at work. Long videos, just cars with in cabin footage, non stop engine noise to tune out annoying coworkers, and beautiful sounding engines.

Here's a few

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ael5Pe3NJJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-w8gJP-9Gc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWC2u9dnZMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF0K3yqsug0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ael5Pe3NJJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-w8gJP-9Gc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWC2u9dnZMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF0K3yqsug0
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #2104
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
is this more along the lines of what you guys would want out of a "car video" in terms of a product? like actual footage and explanations about whats actually being featured instead of seeing bullshit "filler"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XONYuVpdy8Y

im new to the whole "car vids" thing. just been trying to document product development for those interested.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #2105
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
is this more along the lines of what you guys would want out of a "car video" in terms of a product? like actual footage and explanations about whats actually being featured instead of seeing bullshit "filler"?

im new to the whole "car vids" thing. just been trying to document product development for those interested.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:40 PM   #2106
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
I am so glad I'm not the only one asking people to post up POV driving/racing videos with no music, no passengers screaming, and no talking.
I stumbled across this recently. His whole channel is full of exactly this, not to mention he's a good driver to boot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Itn2IdWHM&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Itn2IdWHM&fs=1" />https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Itn2IdWHM">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Itn2IdWHM

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:23 AM   #2107
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
I stumbled across this recently. His whole channel is full of exactly this, not to mention he's a good driver to boot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Itn2IdWHM
I remember this one! This comment had me ROFLing once

"it's hilarious to me that you could be driving along a nice countryside, take a wrong turn, and end up merging onto a gosh darn racetrack"
Old 02-28-2020, 06:25 AM   #2108
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
At least he has his soda with him. I couldn't imagine doing that thirsty.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:43 AM   #2109
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post

I'm not sure about other people, but I would love to watch the development. My kind of car videos are more along the lines of bad obsession and more of the technical centric car channels. But for some reason people really love tj hunt and Adam lz style car vids. Even tho it's usually just them kinda working on a car (usually just a basic swap) and vloggingish style. Plus lots of money flaunting.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:40 AM   #2110
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Driftworks channel is good, Papadakis too. Anyone who is just themselves and not a forced version of themselvesI can fool with, but everything gets stale after a while and I need a break. I'm not mad at anyone making loot off youtube regardless though.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #2111
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
I don't knock the hustle but I also don't appreciate the filler content about the breakfast you had, what you're wearing, when the last time you cut your lawn was, what you got at Starbucks or how your feet feel against the cold floor when the video is about the fitment of your new hood from _____ in Japan for your _____. Like, shut the fuck up already.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #2112
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

I enjoyed it. I really hope you are wearing a respirator when you are actually working. I dont know if the bits in the video were just to show your face or whatever but I was coughing, sitting at my desk seeing all that fiberglass dust flying around.

A gallery of painted cars with your aero would be nice to see. I understand why your site has them in the gel coat so people can actually see the differences in designs, but some final product / "Here's what your pos could look like if you painted it" images would be icing on the cake, in my humble opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Driftworks channel, Papadakis.... everything gets stale after a while and I need a break. I'm not mad at anyone...
We are all mad at you. Stop trying to sell your Lexus. Keep it. Love it. Caress the steering wheel.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:13 AM   #2113
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
I enjoyed it. I really hope you are wearing a respirator when you are actually working. I dont know if the bits in the video were just to show your face or whatever but I was coughing, sitting at my desk seeing all that fiberglass dust flying around.

A gallery of painted cars with your aero would be nice to see. I understand why your site has them in the gel coat so people can actually see the differences in designs, but some final product / "Here's what your pos could look like if you painted it" images would be icing on the cake, in my humble opinion.
unfortunately im reliant on my customers painting their cars. most folks buy my parts and never send me pics. i usually only discover painted pics months later when i accidentally stumble on their posts via FB forums or IG. and honestly, i dont have the patience or time anymore to really keep tabs on everyone either between my day job and getting shit done or keeping things in line with DorkiDori is basically 2 full time jobs. i prefer posting pics of my aero in all its different states. paint or in gel coat because to me it shows not everyones cars are perfect, and regular people just like you and me run my parts, not just the folks that have pristinely painted cars whole reason i havent painted my hatch is because of how often i have to swap aero parts on and off my car for fitment, fixing or prototyping. dont want to screw up $3500+ in body work and paint.

and no, i wasnt wearing a respirator. usually just pulled my shirt up over my nose and mouth when things got annoying. ive also learned to hold my breath when working as well. i can usually go 2-3 minutes hold my breath without an issue when im zoned in on what im doing.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 02-28-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Old 02-28-2020, 01:59 PM   #2114
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

2-3 minutes? 'Sup, Michael Phelps.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:02 PM   #2115
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
2-3 minutes? 'Sup, Michael Phelps.
no idea who that is...

Old 02-28-2020, 05:26 PM   #2116
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
and no, i wasnt wearing a respirator.
you should. one of the neighbors at my shop, who works at a body shop, told me as soon as you smell the fiberglass dust, it's already in your lungs and that shit will be there forever. unless you smoke, then you're fucked anyway and can disregard hahaha
Old 02-28-2020, 06:23 PM   #2117
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
you should. one of the neighbors at my shop, who works at a body shop, told me as soon as you smell the fiberglass dust, it's already in your lungs and that shit will be there forever. unless you smoke, then you're fucked anyway and can disregard hahaha
eh, whatever... if i die, i fucking die. i gave this planet some cool apparel for a while and then some cool old school aero parts. also rescued a kitten (now a full grown asshole) and made some cool music, plus toured... i think ive done my part on this planet. was never interested in having kids so im not really worried about that.

the only thing i ask for is a klingon funeral when i die

Old 02-28-2020, 07:25 PM   #2118
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
The only thing i ask for is a klingon funeral when i die

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:40 PM   #2119
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post

meh... no fucks given. i plan on having a klingon wedding too

unfortunately that involves my two best friends assaulting me with pain sticks and i get to beat the christ out of them lol

Old 02-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #2120
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Klingon wedding? That is quite literally the gayest shit I've ever heard.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #2121
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Klingon wedding? That is quite literally the gayest shit I've ever heard.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:46 PM   #2122
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

eh, no fucks given. you guys have your thing... i have mine.

actually, the girl im with... our wedding will most likely be super dark and spooky! which is fine by me!!!

Old 03-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #2123
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
We just assumed those "things" were only for the honeymoon lol

In other news I just bought an evo 9! Im gonna start a YT channel where every video starts with me taking a shit, brushing my teeth, showering, eating cereal before I talk about how excited I am about this car. Seems to be working for a lot of these cats and Im all about that hustle. Stay tuned!
Old 03-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #2124
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
We just assumed those "things" were only for the honeymoon lol

In other news I just bought an evo 9! Im gonna start a YT channel where every video starts with me taking a shit, brushing my teeth, showering, eating cereal before I talk about how excited I am about this car. Seems to be working for a lot of these cats and Im all about that hustle. Stay tuned!
Being someone who’s owned six EVO’s - two which were 9’s - I hope for your sake it isn’t a MR. Or at least a MR with the five speed GSR swapped in. Those six speeds were ass.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:23 AM   #2125
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Being someone who’s owned six EVO’s - two which were 9’s - I hope for your sake it isn’t a MR. Or at least a MR with the five speed GSR swapped in. Those six speeds were ass.
It is an MR. Im aware the 6 speeds are weaker, but its stock and I plan on keeping it stock so it should be fine. I've seen guys run 450hp with them with no issues.

After all the custom BS I've done with the 240, working on a 100% factory engineered vehicle is refreshing and not really intimidating for me.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:04 PM   #2126
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
In other news I just bought an evo 9! Im gonna start a YT channel where every video starts with me taking a shit, brushing my teeth, showering, eating cereal before I talk about how excited I am about this car.
Hellyeah! How soon can we expect the obligatory "FiVe TiNGs I h8tE Ab0ut mah Nu EvO!!"
Dont forget a stupid f'n look on your face for the thumbnail image! [emoji33]

[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:36 AM   #2127
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Fanboi thumbnail is a must, for an circle jerk video posted...
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:41 AM   #2128
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
It is an MR. Im aware the 6 speeds are weaker, but its stock and I plan on keeping it stock so it should be fine. I've seen guys run 450hp with them with no issues.

After all the custom BS I've done with the 240, working on a 100% factory engineered vehicle is refreshing and not really intimidating for me.
No one buys one and says they're going to leave it as is. You're on this forum. You have the itch. You'll get bored fast - especially because the stock suspension is ass by now, the transmission probably has JBWeld holding it together and chances are you didn't check the front and rear subframes for rust yet. This means you'll be tinkering. No one tinkers to stay OEM.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:55 AM   #2129
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Hellyeah! How soon can we expect the obligatory "FiVe TiNGs I h8tE Ab0ut mah Nu EvO!!"
Dont forget a stupid f'n look on your face for the thumbnail image! [emoji33]

I'm still working on the 40 second dubstep intro for my channel. Gonna be lit.

Quote:
No one buys one and says they're going to leave it as is. You're on this forum. You have the itch. You'll get bored fast - especially because the stock suspension is ass by now, the transmission probably has JBWeld holding it together and chances are you didn't check the front and rear subframes for rust yet. This means you'll be tinkering. No one tinkers to stay OEM.
I live in CA so we are pretty limited on what we can do under the hood here. It's just going to be maintenance and replacing worn parts for this one. I feel like Dizzariot now, "sTocK iz LyFe!!" lol

Last edited by spooled240; 03-02-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Old 03-02-2020, 01:22 PM   #2130
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
We are all mad at you. Stop trying to sell your Lexus. Keep it. Love it. Caress the steering wheel.
I need to sell it to afford my Klingon wedding.