Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:22 AM   #13771
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Uh whoa, Nissan possibly just teased the next GTR. At first I thought it was the GT-R50 but the twilights and wing are significantly different. Looks like they are leaning into a more super car shape from the teaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like they derived from the Vision GT concept they put in Gran Turismo 6/Sport. Picture below is the closest to the same angle I could find and looks nearly spot on. So....that means they barely changed it since 2014 haha.

Old 03-03-2021, 08:24 AM   #13772
altitude
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
altitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Volvo going full EV by 2030 and sold exclusively online: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUKKBN2AU0AU

The following article lists electrification plans for 16 car makers, but does not list Mazda... https://www.edie.net/library/From-Au...ansition-/7036
Old 03-03-2021, 11:46 AM   #13773
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
that means they barely changed it since 2014 haha.
Barely? I see a ton of changes just in that small section. The recent pic looks far more polished and more like a production model with the smoother edges and molded tail lights.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:34 PM   #13774
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Barely? I see a ton of changes just in that small section. The recent pic looks far more polished and more like a production model with the smoother edges and molded tail lights.
Still doesn't look like much for 7 years IMO. But hey, detailed eye for design isn't my forte haha. We'll see what it looks like once it's all revealed.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:53 PM   #13775
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Still doesn't look like much for 7 years IMO. But hey, detailed eye for design isn't my forte haha. We'll see what it looks like once it's all revealed.
Seems to be on course with the previous GT-R...

2001 GT-R concept:

GT-R Proto in 2005:

Finally the 2008 release:
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #13776
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Uh whoa, Nissan possibly just teased the next GTR. At first I thought it was the GT-R50 but the twilights and wing are significantly different. Looks like they are leaning into a more super car shape from the teaser.

It looks like the spoiler is flush on top of the taillights when its at a rested state. As cool as it would be to see it take more of a mid-engine super car shape, I don't think Nissan is in a financial position to pull that off. I'm going to guess that they will follow the same route with the Z and rework the exterior/interior on the existing GT-R platform.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:38 PM   #13777
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I'm going to guess that they will follow the same route with the Z and rework the exterior/interior on the existing GT-R platform.
and why not, is there anything wrong with current platform?
I think it's very smart move to modify instead of replacing what's not broken.

The money that this move saves, Nissan should spend on better exterior and interior designers.

Hey Nissan, ask Gordon - he will hook you up lol.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:06 PM   #13778
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
It looks like the spoiler is flush on top of the taillights when its at a rested state. As cool as it would be to see it take more of a mid-engine super car shape, I don't think Nissan is in a financial position to pull that off. I'm going to guess that they will follow the same route with the Z and rework the exterior/interior on the existing GT-R platform.

Good observation on the wing.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:57 AM   #13779
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/03/13/...ort-questions/

20 GR Super Sport hyper cars are being built. If there?s any doubt of Toyota?s sports car intentions this should change your mind.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:51 PM   #13780
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
It's weird that Toyota is leading the last, remaining charge for our scene.

I always felt like modern Toyota was so far removed from cool, the FR-S/ BRZ didn't initially excite me much, and the initial news of the new Supra had me pretty negative a couple of years ago.

BUT,

Is there anybody really fighting the fight anymore besides them? Honda never made much cool in the middle class sport car range (sorry, Honda fans), Nissan is but a shell of their former (granted, they are trying). Never thought Toyota would be the voice of reason these days, but I find myself more and more attracted to the 86 and even the Supra (if they would just add a manual).

Hope the new GT-R is cool, but please - stay away from Mid-engine Nissan. Definitely hyped for the new Z, but I know it's going to be a boat.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:08 AM   #13781
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
T.50 working prototype first drive. Even though its limited to 3K rpm, it does sound nice and the final product is going to be amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqjZaH4H5g
Old 03-16-2021, 08:03 AM   #13782
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
It's weird that Toyota is leading the last, remaining charge for our scene.

I always felt like modern Toyota was so far removed from cool, the FR-S/ BRZ didn't initially excite me much, and the initial news of the new Supra had me pretty negative a couple of years ago.

BUT,

Is there anybody really fighting the fight anymore besides them? Honda never made much cool in the middle class sport car range (sorry, Honda fans), Nissan is but a shell of their former (granted, they are trying). Never thought Toyota would be the voice of reason these days, but I find myself more and more attracted to the 86 and even the Supra (if they would just add a manual).

Hope the new GT-R is cool, but please - stay away from Mid-engine Nissan. Definitely hyped for the new Z, but I know it's going to be a boat.
As far as sub-$30k imports? You're right, it's basically just Toyota and Mazda at this point. Additionally, Toyota appears to be on the verge of debuting an MR2 successor and GR Corolla for the US, and Mazda's got their tried and true Miata, which happened to somehow continue to sell during this pandemic. The new Z's probably going to crest $40k. Honda's pretty mum about any details on an S2000 revival. Hyundai's been stepping up their game with each N-line release. I'm liking what they got with the Veloster; makes me think it's the CRX that Honda wishes they made.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:34 PM   #13783
cured13
Zilvia Addict

cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
T.50 working prototype first drive. Even though its limited to 3K rpm, it does sound nice and the final product is going to be amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqjZaH4H5g
Most people don't think or feel about cars as an art.
This car is an instrument like a Stradivarius violin that takes a real master to build and real artist to play/drive to be really appreciated.

The way it moves and reacts to steering, how it sounds even at 3k is special.
Italian cars of sixties were like that - No limits, No BS and pure Beauty.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:53 PM   #13784
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Oh shit look at the 400z in gray!!!! Freeeesh.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMu1A0CH...d=i0eceu369nc4

Old 03-22-2021, 04:26 PM   #13785
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:

I don't know if my eyes are crazy but that fuel-filler door is HUGE. Other than that, looks fantastic in that color.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:01 PM   #13786
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The Future Automotive Thread

MT is reporting that this is a production model. And yeah that fuel door does look huge. We?ll see.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:07 AM   #13787
altitude
Leaky Injector

altitude is an unknown quantity at this point
/me likes it

Quote:
yeah that fuel door does look huge.
Room for a plugin hybrid option under that door?
Old 03-23-2021, 08:49 AM   #13788
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
I noticed that too. Given the angle of the fender at that point, it's probably oversized so the pump handle doesn't rest against the body.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:48 AM   #13789
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
^^This.

Also, new pump handles have gotten bulkier for whatever reason... I've had a couple that are super close when filling up my STI.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:19 PM   #13790
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Old 03-23-2021, 04:22 PM   #13791
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:

Ok this is moving fast towards a definite purchase. I guess the ever increasing value M car is going to get shifted. It should pay for at least half of the cost or more right off the bat.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #13792
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah so there?s two cars here. One gray one and one silver. And one has a black roof. You can also see the grill has a higher sheen finish on it. It?s not chrome at least. Seems like there might be a good number of options.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:57 PM   #13793
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah so there?s two cars here. One gray one and one silver. And one has a black roof. You can also see the grill has a higher sheen finish on it. It?s not chrome at least. Seems like there might be a good number of options.

I'm thinking the silver/black one is like a sports/enthusiast trim
Grey one is definitely a Grand Touring trim

I wonder if the digital dash is standard throughout all trims.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #13794
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Gray looks great, seems to show off the car a lot better than the yellow.

I still can't get behind the front bumper, the angles seem so jarring compared to the curves of the headlights. I know its a homage to the 240z, but it just looks weird, for sure going to need to see it in person. Also think its kinda odd they are using nearly the exact same hood design from the HR 350z, if they had brought the bump down a bit further making it seem thinner I think it would look more at home.
Old 03-26-2021, 09:41 AM   #13795
rvns14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (18)
rvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to beholdrvns14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Some speculation on the new Z below.

https://www.400zclub.com/forum/threa...sion-more.147/

The Z35 will still be a "Fairlady Z" in Japan, all other markets the Z35 will be called "Nissan Z"

MSRP: $34,995 (this is for the base with 0 options)
There will be 2 packages
- Base: 0 options.
- Type S: Brembos, thicker sways, coolers, other stuff.
- Type T: Leather, Power Seats, Heated and Cooled, Auto cruise, blind spot, etc
- Type ST: Both S and T Packages
- Each package will be roughly 5k each, ST will set you back 10k

Base gets Akebonos, Sport or Nismo get the Brembos - No more floating calipers.

All cars get...
- The 400hp Flavor of VR30DDTT
- The Digital Dash
- Android Auto / Car Play
- Rear Duckbill

Dry Weight = 3,252lbs

- There is a Nismo version coming....it won't just be a body kit, exhaust, tune and some badges this time

The 6 spd manual is a carryover from the 370Z

There is not a roadster in the cards right now, sorry folks.
Nissan is gunning for the Supra and the Mustang but it's main target is the Supra - make no mistake.
rvns14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:37 PM   #13796
cured13
Zilvia Addict

$35K is almost what some people here are asking for their rust buckets stretched up to 350hp
Old 03-26-2021, 11:22 PM   #13797
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
$35K is almost what some people here are asking for their rust buckets stretched up to 350hp
$35k and it handles well and they will have a lot of buyers.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:06 PM   #13798
olah.inc
Zilvia Member

olah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enougholah.inc will become famous soon enough
No way it’s gonna be 35k, not even for the base. Cmon people
olah.inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:55 PM   #13799
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by olah.inc View Post
No way it?s gonna be 35k, not even for the base. Cmon people
I think it is possible. It's about time we should be able to buy directly from manufacturer and not from a Nissan "stealer".
Old 03-27-2021, 08:42 PM   #13800
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Can't wait to see how it does on Tsukuba and Gunsai.

Also, I wonder how long it will be until we see a complete VR30DDTT M/T swap in an S-chassis?