Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
twopointo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (27)
twopointo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Pit Garage in South El Monte

hey guys i recently got my sr swap at pit garage and all i got to say is that this shop is the SHYT...he's honest, does a real clean swap, didnt take long, uses great quality clip. he finished my swap in like 2 days after i droped it off...when i got there he just about finished. so we went for a test drive together and he said that he doesnt like the way it runs so he said he gonna get me another engine and that afternoon a new engine is there ready to be put in. how many shop now a day would do that for a customer. and the price is very reasonable. i would highly reccommend this shop for all fellows zilvians ask for Pravee

www.pitgarage.net

^^^
thats their web site
twopointo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
your words don't match up. "quality clip" and "another engine" does not match. "finished swap in like 2 days" and "that afternoon a new engine is there ready to be put in"

so quality clip and they replaced it?
done in 2 days and they need to put another engine in?

um... PASS
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
twopointo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (27)
twopointo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
the first swap was done in 2days and we test drove it the morning after didnt like it and he got another engine for me that same afternoon...and what im trying to say is that hes honest and doesnt mind the extra work as long as his customers leave happy...and did you have to be such a DB about it? jeezz
twopointo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
fcken_engus
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
fcken_engus is making a name for him/her selffcken_engus is making a name for him/her selffcken_engus is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fcken_engus
yes, this shop is legit, honest people w/ reasonable prices in my opinion
fcken_engus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i agree ...some shop would say, thats a used engine what do ya expect? but no shop would dare putting another free labor for another pwer plant re install. i think this is awesome deal. who did it from there?
beeracing s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
very legit shop does work for great prices
pravee is the man
Old 06-05-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Cool people good prices. Have stuff that used to be common but is now harder to get.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to beholdDRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Just came back from picking up a diff. Awesome price and was exactly as described. I definately recommend this shop.
DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
Bwayan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
Bwayan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bwayan
Shop is legit and clean! they have many parts available!
got my silvia brick headlights from them!
i will defiantly be returning for more parts or when i have some car problems to be fixed =)
Bwayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #10
Nick240sx
Zilvia Addict

Nick240sx will become famous soon enoughNick240sx will become famous soon enoughNick240sx will become famous soon enoughNick240sx will become famous soon enough
Shop is super clean, great prices on products !
Nick240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #11
s14canyoncity
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
s14canyoncity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
any warranty on there motors (like 30days, etc)
Old 06-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #12
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
just went by there shop the other day
they have a good amount of sr clips in right now
spoke to them about swap prices
2600 for a redtop in a s13
2700 for blacktop
bought a few jdm accessories from them
good people great prices

^^^click^^^
bo2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 AM   #13
michael_torres
BANNED

Trader Rating: (3)
michael_torres is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
do they import shit like wagan wings
michael_torres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
zavalajose89
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
zavalajose89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zavalajose89
Well just wanted to let ppl know that' pitgarage.net its a good place to find parts an swap engines. Its better then sideways performens. Found the core support for my car an they seem like
kool ppl thanks for the looking out pitgarage.net.
zavalajose89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #15
punn303
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (82)
punn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymorepunn303 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
no shitty attitudes, good part selection at fair prices
punn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #16
DRIFT-ELITE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
DRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruinDRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
pretty legit as far as im concerned..bought some silvia headlight brackets from a fellow member that works there..they showed me inside and a few other parts they had for sale...would definately go back and do business again..
Old 08-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #17
KaminaSan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
KaminaSan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Here is the deal... I contacted them, because they have a 'special' going on.

It seems they have Redtops installed for 2250, and blacktops for 2350.

I have a stock single cam, and here are some questions I asked them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaminaSan
Hi, I have a 1990 240sx.

I saw your craigslist ad for s13 sr20det blacktop swap installed for 2300.

I had a few questions about this.

When you do the swap into a 1990, will the tachometer/speedometer still work?
Do you charge extra to put on a Front Mount intercooler, if the customer brings it in?
Most importantly, I know that the powersteering lines are different from the ka24e. Will the swap have powersteering?
What type of warranty do you offer on your installs? For example, most shops offer a 30 day warranty for no knocking/blown headgasket. Do you do this also?

Thanks for your response!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitgarage
We do not offer warranty due to it being high performance
motors. So we don't know what the owners will do after they get their
swap in.
We can do all the tests on the motor before install, so you know what you
are getting. We can replace the head gasket before the swap so there will
be no worries, but that will be extra.
So basically... they are saying, that if they do the swap. And it starts up knocking like crazy... you are SOL, because it's only a 'startup' warranty?

It seams there is another shop 'Team Clockwork' Doing blacktop swaps for 2800, and here is what they say

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamClockwork
Don't get ripped off by shops that over-charge for engine swaps and offer sloppy service. All of our engine swaps come with "start-up" warranty. We guarantee all of our engines to be free of engine knocks, damaged head gaskets or blown turbo's!
Is this really the case? Does anyone have experience with either of these shops to say that they wouldn't be like 'TOO BAD USED MOTOR SUCKER'?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #18
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Well I just picked up a redtop clip from Pit Garrage yesterday which was in good shape. They were really easy to work with... I'll post up more once the motor's in and running but I was assured that they run them at the shop before they sell them to make sure all is well. I've heard nothing but good about these guys and their customer service though.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
KaminaSan
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
Well I just picked up a redtop clip from Pit Garrage yesterday which was in good shape. They were really easy to work with... I'll post up more once the motor's in and running but I was assured that they run them at the shop before they sell them to make sure all is well. I've heard nothing but good about these guys and their customer service though.
Please do let us know. I'm seriously considering getting a swap done with them. I just feel like it's a little shady that they don't offer ANY type of guarantee, besides the fact that it starts.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #20
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaminaSan View Post
Here is the deal... I contacted them, because they have a 'special' going on.

It seems they have Redtops installed for 2250, and blacktops for 2350.

I have a stock single cam, and here are some questions I asked them.

So basically... they are saying, that if they do the swap. And it starts up knocking like crazy... you are SOL, because it's only a 'startup' warranty?

It seams there is another shop 'Team Clockwork' Doing blacktop swaps for 2800, and here is what they say

Is this really the case? Does anyone have experience with either of these shops to say that they wouldn't be like 'TOO BAD USED MOTOR SUCKER'?

ive dealt with the guys at pit garage and my brother was fabricating for them as well. these guys come from a car enthusiast backround building plenty of cars. the quality of there work is with out a doubt GREAT. as far as the engine quality, your taking a chance anywhere you go. but i know they are shooting for QUALITY over all else so i give them full trust.

clock work on the other hand is more of a QUANTITY kinda shop. ive heard nothing good about there shop from my friends that have gone there
Old 08-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #21
KaminaSan
Zilvia Junkie

I just received a PM from one of the staff at Pitgarage.

I think this is the quickest response, and most honest/best response I could have gotten.

I am positive I will be getting a swap from them, in the near future. Here is the response I received:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdumbxguyx(PG)
hey im a helper over here at pit garage
i think you got the wrong idea of what of the email meant.
We do not release the car unless its running right that means it wont all of a sudden start knocking on you. Ive only had that happen once and i replaced the motor because it was a bad motor from J&R.
and i redid the swap free of labor ask others who have bought motors from me. I take care of them.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #22
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
As promised, a quick update on my end. Motor runs and boosts well. Didn't get to drive it much before I had to fly back to CO, but it was everything I hoped for. My dad's actually got the car at the moment and took it down to his shop today. Said it runs like a boss. My clip even came with AC which was nice. All-in-all I'd recommend picking up a clip through these guys and their fab work looks legit as well from what I saw there at the shop.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:33 AM   #23
gunmetalr32
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
gunmetalr32 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdumbxguyx(PG)
hey im a helper over here at pit garage
i think you got the wrong idea of what of the email meant.
We do not release the car unless its running right that means it wont all of a sudden start knocking on you. Ive only had that happen once and i replaced the motor because it was a bad motor from J&R.
and i redid the swap free of labor ask others who have bought motors from me. I take care of them.

j&r in my opinion is the worst place to get motors from... all the motors are not compression tested and they have high mileage .he doesn't even give warranty, and hes a dick. if pit garage is getting motors from J&R i rather spend the extra money and go somewhere else!
gunmetalr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmetalr32 View Post
j&r in my opinion is the worst place to get motors from... all the motors are not compression tested and they have high mileage .he doesn't even give warranty, and hes a dick. if pit garage is getting motors from J&R i rather spend the extra money and go somewhere else!
They're not getting them from J&R I actually spoke with them about this particular instance. This happened before they were having clips imported themselves. They were doing the swaps with outsourced engines from J&R, but after issues like this they stopped dealing with J&R and started getting their own.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #25
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
i jsut went down to them tonight... THEY ARE NICE! im getting my swap done this week droppin it off thursday morning picking it up monday latest.. best price i have ever found.

Last edited by shinobis13hb; 09-15-2010 at 01:27 AM..
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #26
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

well i pcik up my car form them tomorrow. i dont remember who i spoke to. he said that the motor started up just fine and was running well. he said he would test drive it tomorrow. what is great is they would stay in contact witth and call me right wehn they found something wrong. for instance i have a aftermarket resanator on my car as a "test pipe" he said the down pipe was to long and it over lapped my current "test pipe". only problem is ... now i have to drive my car on a open down pipe and get the pipe replaced from the down pipe to the end of the resanator. NOW he did offer to get me a aftermarket exhaust. it wasnt in my budget seeing that i have spent enough already but it was a great price! i havent seen the swap yet but im sure its going to be fine.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #27
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

ok guy got my car been driving it for a couple days.
ITS AWSOME motor drives great doesnt over heat!. swap is cleanest i have seen(cleaner then RnD thats for sure LOL) if you want your swap done go to Pit garage kevin is a great guy he went out of his way many times i feel . the price is great! but more importantly the swap is clean and it was FAST. they have one more clip left.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #28
KaminaSan
Zilvia Junkie

Back off f*ckers! Last blacktop is mine haha.

Just called, getting it taken care of Saturday
Old 09-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #29
KaminaSan
Zilvia Junkie

Alright, so I called on Saturday, and they told me they were all gone!
I got a call back a minute later, and I was in luck, someone had cancelled, and they had one left!

I went down there around 4, and they showed me the engine. I guess to avoid shin's problem, they checked my exhaust to make sure it would cause no issues.

They really went out of their way to make sure that I'd be pleased. They also offered a better flowing turbo elbow, with no extra labor for only 60 dollars.

I was assured that it would be ready by Wednesday, possibly tuesday, and that they check EVERYTHING before putting it in.

They told me straight up "Trust me, we make sure everything is working. You will leave very happy!"

So I left the car with them. It's tuesday now, and I just gave them a call to see what time I could pick it up tomorrow, I'll let you guys know how it all goes!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #30
KaminaSan
Zilvia Junkie

Picked up my car! They really took care of me. Didn't push me out of the shop, and they really went out of their way for me.

My clip came with a 3 inch downpipe, and an aftermarket clutch(heavy as fck). THe engine runs great, boosts well, doesn't overheat.
I got home the other night, and there was a tapping sound heard at idle, and barely audible the higher you revved, so I called Pravee the next day. He was very helpful and told me it was not a spun bearing or knock, but rather a lifter that needed to be bled. He told me that should I have any issues, to call anytime.

GREAT SHOP! GREAT GUYS!

I highly recommend them.