Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Jdm-online

Bought an engine(sr20det) from them about a year ago, and looking back on the transaction i just want to say it was great doing business with them..They had a low price for the engine set, the engine itself only had one small problem, and they stayed in contact with me through emails throughout the whole process. Good ppl.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Yea I really like their service and prices. What problem did you have with your sr?

Grade for Jdm-online- A
Old 08-09-2008, 01:52 AM   #3
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
The upper coolant neck was cracked....never brought it up as a claim with them since i knew it could be fixed easy...only problem i had with the engine, and it even came with an aftermarket short-shifter/stage 2 clutch...
Old 04-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
RoYaL FLuSH
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RoYaL FLuSH is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As I am from Montreal as well, I've had the opportunity to deal with jdm-online on numerous occassions. Every transaction I've had with them thus far has always gone smoothly. There are many jdm engine and parts shops in Montreal that do not come near to the reputation and customer service of jdm-online. This is a company that I absolutely trust and can definately vouch for. Good job to Nesar and the guys at jdm-online.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
K8ee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (14)
K8ee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to K8ee
JDM-Online - Great engine supplier!

I just started up my S14 SR engine set that I got from Nesar at JDM-Online. It fired up on the third or fourth crank, and it's been running nicely for the past ~100 miles or so that I've driven it.

On the business side, everything went very smooth. The description of thie engine on JDM-online's site had mentioned that there wasn't a spark plug cover, but Nesar was nice enough to ship me one a week or so later at no cost.

There was one issue about billing that was the shipping company's fault, and Nesar took care of it quickly, before I even really had to deal with it. Other than that, shipping was great. The engine arrived wrapped up nicely and all the parts were intact.

Overall I give JDM-Online an A grade for their service and products.
K8ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Well not so great on my side.

Got the engine quick and easy. Nesar was a good help in the beginning.

BUT then i got my Engine......
Appears to be in good condition

Seems this is the only pic i have of it alone

I specifically asked him if my wire harness was uncut, He said Yes It was UNcut......
Main Engine Harness

Lower Harness

Main Engine harness was missing the MAF, O2, and A/C Harness ECT

The F4 plug was also cut (HOW FUCKING STUPID/LAZY DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO CUT A HARNESS WHEN THERE IS A PLUG 4 INCHES AWAY FROM WHERE YOU CUT IT???)

Then when removing the Turbo intake tube i see this.

Then when removed (Probably a quart of oil poured out of the turbos Intake and exhaust)

He sent me an R34 RB25 Neo MAFS, Which will not work with the R33 RB25.

I have sent Nesar Emails about the Harness problem yet he makes it sound like its not a problem, But it is a problem when i have to Pay extra Money to get my "UNCUT" Harness repaired.

I have aslo talked with him about the turbo and MAFS

He says the MAFS is the correct one for the Series I because "It came with the Engine". Its Is not, the Green Tagged J60 MAFS is the correct one for RB20 and RB25 SI Engines. I have told him this and shown him evidence of this yet he still beats around the bush on it.

In the beginning we also talked about the turbo and that when he would replace it if it blown, but after examination and tests of the turbo it is blown.

Ive done a Basic rebuild of the engine and its nearing completion and ready for install within the next 2 months and have sent him 2 or 3 emails about a week ago regarding the replacement of the bad parts of my Engine and he has yet to return my emails.

I am Very Disappointed in their Quality Control/Inspections, A company that Sell engines should have noticed that the Wire Harness was cut and having a blown turbo. This is basic/oblivious Shit and should have been noticed, noted and fixed.

They seem to just piece some engines together.
I also had a customer that order an SR from them, The only upside is that his came with some SARD 550cc injectors but the engine set came with a Stock ECU and stock maf, When the harness was wired up for the SARD Inj and Z32 MAF so it makes it seem that the set originally had a tuned ECU but they/or someone swapped it with a Stock ECU (harness did not have a SAFC wired in it)

Some of his Harness was also cut up also with a Smashed Throttle Body (Luckily I had a spare).

They will probably say that the guys they bought it from did it but who knows. If they knew anything about Engines im sure they would have noticed the Injectors, Cuz I did the second i saw the set.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 04-18-2010 at 09:14 AM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:27 AM   #7
Korea

Korea is an unknown quantity at this point
i had the same kind of experience as sileighty_85 had. nesar sounded all nice and professional at first, than the moment i got my engine, customer service when to complete shit. i dont know how many times he told me he'd call me back and i had to call him back 3 or 4 days later. i was supposed to get a completely uncut harness. the harness i got was completely hacked up. and this was no little mistake, they couldnt have missed seeing this. i ended up having to order another one cause they wouldnt replace the harness (and trust me i tried hard to get them to). if this was a somewhat inexpensive part i wouldnt have worried about it but wiring harnesses arent cheap, expecially sr20 harnesses, on a side note i also had to buy a new starter and oil pan, given these are not warrantied items but when i spend as much as i did on an engine, im expecting the parts to work. i will never buy from them again and i strongly urge anyone looking for an engine to not buy from jdm-online. if they were located close to were i live i would have went there and lets just say it would not have been pleasant for nesar. basically my opinion of him and the company is that hes a bastard that cares nothing of the customer as long as he gets him money. might sound harsh but its true.

if anyone is thinking of buying from them please email me first and let me convince you not to.
Korea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
s14sport
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
s14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura abouts14sport has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I have to put my 2 cents in as well...

Nesar was great in the beginning BEFORE I purchased the motor. Told me fake compression numbers and everything. When I got my motor unfortunately it had to sit for a few months before I was able to get it in the car because of a death in the family. When I finally got the motor in ther car it cranked and ran, but ran really rough. Turns out the compression in 2 cylinders weren't even close to the compression numbers he stated they were. He told me about ~150lbs across 6 cylinders and it turned out they were more like 120lbs and 2 cylinders were < 70lbs

JG's RB Silvia 2009
s14sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #9
TheGrim
Zilvia Junkie

TheGrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheGrim
I've been done over too. Bought a s14 sr and got it in. He was cool about the shipping problem that occured at first. The company wanted to charge me to have a truck with a lift gate... simple solution and Nesar took care of it. Got the tranny off the motor, started breaking down the turbo set... take the intake pipe off and a film of sludge and grime. figuring it was just blowby I wipe it down and move on. Going to install new injectors, the intake manifold has a thick film of the same oil and grime in the upper manifold. tried calling and emailing them... no response ever.
TheGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #10
RacerX1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
RacerX1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I had a good experience with my SR, great communication...great price too!
Then I got the motor, which was in great shape but when I called to ask some questions I got no response, as well as my emails.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #11
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
there rips offs man my buddy bought a rb25 s2 and it had a blown turbo and cut harness too!!! and he hasn't received any response from that SNIP nesar regarding the turbo or harness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
hoeslack

Trader Rating: (1)
hoeslack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Horrible company and i would advise anyone to stay away. I was very cautious before purchasing my engine and received a video showing compression numbers and asked for many detailed pictures. I noticed the harness that was with the engine was missing several connectors in the pictures so Nesar said he would replace the harness with another one. I received pictures of the new harness with the engine and everything looked good. When I received the engine i was very pleased until I started doing the wiring, he sent me a different harness than the one in the picture. The harness he sent me wasn't for an s14 sr, even worse when i peeled back some electrical tape i noticed that the entire harness was completely hacked up and basically unusable. I tried contacting Nesar through email and telephone and sent pictures describing the situation and received no replies and was basically told on the phone I was S.O.L. Basically Nesar is an extremely shady businessman who will do anything to make a sale. hopefully people start catching on and he will be out of business soon.
hoeslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
Mr.Clerc
Leaky Injector

Mr.Clerc is an unknown quantity at this point
My buddy had a wonderful experience with them as well, very accomidating an dno problems with the motor. Figured i'd share input
Mr.Clerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #14
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
thats sucks
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #15
Hakosuka-G

Hakosuka-G is an unknown quantity at this point
That's strange tho, a lot of these places have mixed reviews from customers. Do they just get up one day and say, "I think I'm gonna screw this person over today, you know, to mix it up a bit." Either way though (knowing that this isn't particularly the point everyone's trying to make...), doesn't matter where I'm getting my sr from, it's still getting a full rebuild before it's going in my car, just to be safe. Can't say thus about the hacked harness tho.
Hakosuka-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
dcorum1016

dcorum1016 is an unknown quantity at this point
so can anyone recommend a GOOD website based jdm importer, these mixed reviews are throwing me off? thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #17
clv5045

clv5045 is not welcome here anymoreclv5045 is not welcome here anymoreclv5045 is not welcome here anymoreclv5045 is not welcome here anymoreclv5045 is not welcome here anymoreclv5045 is not welcome here anymoreclv5045 is not welcome here anymoreclv5045 is not welcome here anymoreclv5045 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorum1016 View Post
so can anyone recommend a GOOD website based jdm importer, these mixed reviews are throwing me off? thanks!
I believe I used tigerimports.com for the one i put in my old s13 coupe... i know it is tiger something. had absolutely no issues with my SR in anyway, shape or form... until I over boosted it and cracked my pistons lol