Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nengun Performance - Bad Experience

I rarelt write a review, good or bad, for a company ever I have always been able to work out any issues without escalating it to forum wars. However, my recent experience with Nengun had prompted me to let others know my problems.

I had wanted a URAS carbonish low GT wing for some time now. URAS's own website (.jp) Shows the low GT wing (80mm) carbon look as 31290Y which is about $380US and the black version for 26040Y about $325US. I have been on the lookout for them and decided to buy one new after NENGUN had it for $388.90 US. Their website description states the following:

URAS - Third Dimension Wing - Nengun Performance

"The Uras Third Dimension wing features a carbon look finish and is available in a number of heights. Suitable for installation on any vehicle, the wing has been featured on a number of URAS S13, S14 and S15 Silvias."

Excited I could get the wing I wanted, 80mm carbon, for the same price as URAS's website I bought it etc. Shipping was fair and the delivery time was pretty quick. Fast forward to yesterday, I get the wing and low and behold its FLAT BLACK. I actually like the black version better having seen it and sent an email to nengun stating that they had sent me a black one instead of carbon look and would like to be refunded the difference in price between the two.

Here's the email chain (newest to oldest)

Kim replied:
Going over your order and on the site you didn`t choose the Carbon look which is clearly marked. Low type and High type are standard black and if you look at the low type picture on the site it clearly show the wing in black.
If there is anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards
Kim

AUG 10, 2012 | 10:26AM JST
Chris replied:
Hi kim,

Believe me i knew about the carbon look. However mine is flat black. Please see the pics.

Sent from my ASUS Pad

Nengun Performance - Orders <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
>

AUG 10, 2012 | 09:12AM JST
Kim replied:
The site says carbon look finish 1 x URAS - Third Dimension Wing
Width 1550mm - Height 80mm(161/11/42) Low Type

Could you please take some pictures of it

if you were to purchase a real Carbon wing they are like $2000 not $388.90 like you have paid

If there is anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards
Kim

Original Message | AUG 09, 2012 | 03:45AM JST
Chris wrote:

Order: 33560

Hi Nengun,

I received my wing today and I received a Black URAS wing not a carbon
fiber version. The item description shows carbon fiber on the product page
etc.
Please advise. I dont mind keeping it but I know there is a price point
difference between the carbon/black versions.

Thanks

Chris

Now I know clearly know the difference between a 2K dry carbon wing a a $400 carbon look wing but their website clearly identifies the wing as carbon fiber look (Which is fine, what I expected/wanted etc) but no where do they mention a black variant when selecting the wing and their own product description doesn't mention black as well as the pictures showing the generic URAS website pics. You can see in their first response that they clearly recognized I ordered a carbon look only to change their stance after I sent them pics of the black one I have. I did save the webpages etc in case they change it. I'm not going to bad mouth/slander etc etc. They kept me in the loop on the status, shipped on time etc. But I wanted to post up my experience with them as it was my first and will be my last unless they work with me on the difference in price points between the black/faux carbon. I actually will keep the black one I have but I'd like to get my $50 bucks back. That is all. $50 bucks is nothing but its the principle that I didn't get what I paid for.

I have sent back a reply and will update this post if anything improves.

FYI the wing is totally awesome, well built etc and sits on a hatch perfectly.

Last edited by niscur29; 08-10-2012 at 01:51 PM..
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Update! Forget Nengun.....

AUG 10, 2012 | 01:49AM JST
Kim replied:

Order 33560 1 x URAS - Third Dimension Wing
Width 1550mm - Height 80mm(161/11/42) Low Type

URAS - Third Dimension Wing - Nengun Performance

I dont see anywhere in the order where it reads carbon Look. There is one on the site that reads carbon look, you didn`t choose that part. This is not a matter of us sending you the wrong order as opposed to you choosing the wrong part.

The picture is attached its reads low type just as your order reads. Clearly the low type picture is in the black format not the carbon look

This is how Paypal will work. You put your claim in. They will ask you for pictures. They will do the same to us. We will send the pictures along with the order. The next step is they will make you send it back to Japan. I am sorry you cant get to keep the part and the funds too. The part will come back to us then Paypal will ask us to send it to Paypal Head quarters for verification. Its a waste of time for all parties concerned.

As we havent sent the wrong order feel free to send it back to our office and we shall exchange it for the more expensive carbon look wing which will have to be paid for on your behalf plus the freight back to your address. You have only been charged for the cheaper black look wing not the the Carbon look. Please compare what you paid between the two wings. You haven`t paid for the carbon look.

If we sent the wrong part even without question we always refund straight away or send the correct part. No questions asked

Please share your experience along with our site pictures with your forum friends. You have my permission to copy and paste this e mail.

Best Regards
Kim

AUG 10, 2012 | 08:32PM JST
Chris replied:
Kim,

Please don't insult my intelligence, you guys have clearly advertised the product description as carbon look with no mention differentiating between black or carbon. You call out black for the medium height wing only and its naturally a lower price. Trying to walk around the fact that you have listed the product description as carbon look (with no mention of black) and then telling me that I didn’t choose it when there is no way to actually choose carbon look for the low type is wrong. Not one single picture you show on the site shows the carbon look so as buyer I go by the product description. It is not clearly marked as you described I have secured screen shots of the exact page I ordered from etc. Your price structure alone justifies that I'm correct.

URAS own website advertises the Carbon Look 80mm as 31290 Yen which is about $380 US -> I PAID $377 US
URAS own website advertises the black 80mm as 26040 Yen which is about $325 US

That’s ok though, There's a reason why I have never ordered from you before and I never will again. I will share my experience with several of my online forums/members that are all within your customer base etc. and may file a charge dispute with Paypal for being sent the wrong item/price difference. Its simple business you advertise a product as one version order/sell me another version that is cheaper you should refund me the difference between the two. That’s all I'm asking for.

HOLY SHIT THEY CHANGED THEIR SITE TO REFLECT THE BLACK BEING CALLED OUT NOW!!!! Thank god I saved a copy of the page and even emailed it to them!
Now they are telling me I ordered the wrong item, "Look at our webpage etc". Unprofessional on every level over a measly $50 bucks.

New Change: URAS - Third Dimension Wing - Nengun Performance

Last Night:
Old 08-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
silver350z05rb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
silver350z05rb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What a bunch of morons, so unprofessional, for a company to not want to help you like that they must not make a lot of money and barely survive to pay Web site fees ,etc.......... definitely letting other people know about this. just do what everybody else does ....sue them, you have the proof and they are manipulating their website to say it was your fault
silver350z05rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow this is so unlike the nengun experiences i have had in the past. I dont refute your story but thanks for getting this out there. I dont know what happened to make "them" start acting this way, but your right. Unprofessional and dis-appointing!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I saw their page before the change and yes, while it didn't mention black on the option, you should have seen that the carbon one costs significantly more than the flat black one (except High type). She is also right that the image of the low one is an image of the flat black one and not the carbon one.

You knew they offered 2 wings, black and carbon. One option, actually said Carbon. The other ones had no option, so obviously it isn't carbon, but the black one. If it didn't say carbon on the option you chose, why would it be carbon? It isn't obvious to one consumer, so to prevent future mishaps, they updated the site accordingly to be more user friendly.

Rarely is MSRP converted directly from Yen to USD. So even if you covert Yen to USD on XE, another company may use a different converter and have different pricing. Remember companies exist to make profit they aren't going to use exact conversion rates.

Lastly, if their website didn't state if it was carbon or flat black, you could simply shoot them an email and ASK to confirm whether or not it is what you want. Do your part as a consumer and ask them exactly what the item is. It's not like you needed to overnight it from Japan.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
NismoPlsr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
NismoPlsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Edit, i guess there is more to the previous website than your screenshot.

When i doubt always email/call for clarification before placing an order, specially for something coming from japan.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
I saw their page before the change and yes, while it didn't mention black on the option, you should have seen that the carbon one costs significantly more than the flat black one (except High type). She is also right that the image of the low one is an image of the flat black one and not the carbon one.

You knew they offered 2 wings, black and carbon. One option, actually said Carbon. The other ones had no option, so obviously it isn't carbon, but the black one. If it didn't say carbon on the option you chose, why would it be carbon? It isn't obvious to one consumer, so to prevent future mishaps, they updated the site accordingly to be more user friendly.

Rarely is MSRP converted directly from Yen to USD. So even if you covert Yen to USD on XE, another company may use a different converter and have different pricing. Remember companies exist to make profit they aren't going to use exact conversion rates.

Lastly, if their website didn't state if it was carbon or flat black, you could simply shoot them an email and ASK to confirm whether or not it is what you want. Do your part as a consumer and ask them exactly what the item is. It's not like you needed to overnight it from Japan.
The website CLEARLY lists (and still does) it as carbon look in their product description. That's what I read that's what I expected. You assumed that because carbon wasn't shown black was what I should get. I read it as the opposite they were showing black as an option for the mid wing only (hence the lower cost) and the others not being listed separately goes by the product description. It never occured to me to actually ask because like I said I read the description on said page. If they had listed it as....

"The Uras Third Dimension wing features a carbon look or flat black finish and is available in a number of heights. Suitable for installation on any vehicle, the wing has been featured on a number of URAS S13, S14 and S15 Silvias."

like this wing: Garage Defend - GT Wing - Nengun Performance

instead of

"The Uras Third Dimension wing features a carbon look finish and is available in a number of heights. Suitable for installation on any vehicle, the wing has been featured on a number of URAS S13, S14 and S15 Silvias."

I would have asked immediately because when I ordered it did not specify and I knew there were two types. But its listed as carbon on the first sentence for the product. They could have also sent me an email too (hey I know our website states carbon but you have ordered a black on) as it works both ways. There is no significant price difference between carbon/black either. The fact they stated in their first response that I did order a carbon look, then changed their minds when I sent pics, then changed their website and told me hey look our website clearly lists the black option NOW, you ordered the wrong item is what my gripe is. I stated from the beginning I was going to keep it anyways. Hell they could at least admit their website was not clear and at least apologize for that but this backdoor its all of a sudden my fault crap is ridiculous. Its not about the money, whatever the yen rate difference between the two is, its about the principle.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Ruthless18x

Trader Rating: (0)
Ruthless18x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've heard similar stories. This is why I never use anyone other than RHDJapan.
Ruthless18x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I can see where you got confused. If it was my business, personally I would have partially refunded you the difference from the very start (even though you technically didn't pay for the carbon look). And then I would have fixed the description so its clear and concise for the next user.

One thing I've learned when selling items online is to be as descriptive as possible, which ultimately cuts down on disputes ten fold.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by niscur29 View Post
[/I]HOLY SHIT THEY CHANGED THEIR SITE TO REFLECT THE BLACK BEING CALLED OUT NOW!!!! Thank god I saved a copy of the page and even emailed it to them!
Now they are telling me I ordered the wrong item, "Look at our webpage etc". Unprofessional on every level over a measly $50 bucks.

New Change: URAS - Third Dimension Wing - Nengun Performance
Wow, to post all of the dirty laundry on their site like that is reprehensible.