Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 03-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #31
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
You lost it when it referenced Maricopa county, the Florida of Arizona.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #32
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So I work at Motorsport Auto, we specialize in Datsun and Nissan Z parts ONLY. We work very close with Nissan and most large aftermarket parts suppliers, we ship over 150 packages per day through USPS and FedEx. We have not been effected as a business due to all this yet. We have shut our showroom down so customers can not come in our building, but have set up a no contact pick up service using a table outside our sales office for customers to pick up items while we are on the other side of the glass.

Just got word this morning the largest network of Nissan dealerships in So Cal laid off about 50% of their workforce. Most, if not all salesman, service porters and parts delivery drivers are all temporarily laid off until further notice. The amount of shops ordering parts and deliveries has diminished for them about 75%, and they let us know this morning that if they lose the 3 or 4 accounts they still have open for parts ordering and delivery then they will shut down until further notice, meaning we can not get Nissan parts, meaning we will most likely have to shut down due to not getting parts in. We are still waiting to see what happens, but very shitty feeling just waiting to see what happens with the Automotive industry that has been deemed "Essential" in these times.
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:54 AM   #33
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Can we get a thread change to “China virus” to spice it up in here a bit.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #34
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Can we get a thread change to ?China virus? to spice it up in here a bit.
https://youtu.be/WJCXEgpUxH0
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #35
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Exactly,

Now is the time to start pointing fingers. I’m willing to say most countries aside from the US are doing just that, especially with the recent findings of China knowing about this almost a month previously. Why drop a bomb when you can fuck everyone and release a virus unnoticed. But they’re good guys right.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:57 PM   #36
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:46 PM   #37
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Giving up my location just to give my 2 cents..

I'm here in NYC, the worst place to be supposedly based on number of deaths/cases/etc.

I left my house briefly once in the past week just to go to the bank so I'm trying to distance myself as much as possible, but I am going a bit crazy with cabin fever. However, the brief moment I was outside, I noticed:

- Social distancing? What's that? People around here aren't practicing it here at all and in reinforced from what I can see based on my friends posts/videos on social media as well in other parts of the city.

- not many people wearing masks/gloves/PPE in my neighborhood. Just a normal day here with people at the park playing ball, walking next to each other, etc. Taking advantage of the nice-ish weather

kinda hope these people that don't listen get what's coming to them, but at the same time, I understand that sometimes you just gotta do it and not be afraid of it and live your life. The regular flu kills thousands of people a year, this new covid-19 has killed many more. If we are lucky enough, it'll end soon like SARS of 03 or MERS of 12. If not, then it should be around in the future and will continue to take many more lives. We have evolved over the years, and so will strains of viruses.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 05:08 AM   #38
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I am in North Carolina, where our local municipality (third largest in the state) declared stay at home orders on Friday. This was after the governor ordered non essential businesses like nail salons, spas, beauty/barber shops close at 5 on Wednesday.
Tomorrow makes two weeks I have been working from home.
We literally only leave the house for supplies and make a point of stocking up to avoid having to go out much. Stores are ridiculous, people run on TP and cleaning products. The streets are BARREN when we do go out for anything.
I am cool with working from home and it will save me money on supplies, gas and wear and tear on my car. The money I don't have to spend on my daughter's after school is being split between savings, paying down credit and online retail therapy. My Rakuten rebates will be ridiculous at the end of this.

As I have been out and about, I notice people NOT social distancing with basketball courts full of people, the neighborhood kids playing football in the yard and random people wandering and shit.
I am having the hardest time dealing with the fact that I have apparently NEEDED basketball all my life

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:52 AM   #39
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I’ve had to make some trips to Home Depot and people are doing an ok job. Haven’t seen anything blatantly. I have noticed parents WITH their kids at the grocery store. I guess if you can’t leave them home alone that’s one thing, but I saw a mom with her daughter who was probably 15-16. Stay tf home.

We have one side of Milwaukee that is not taking this seriously. Pretty fucked up looking at the map.

I am glad they are changing unemployment so that I can file as a freelancer. Basically planning on paying off debts with every penny I get (we don’t qualify for the other part of the stimulus). Hoping on the other end of this thing to be in really nice shape.

Interested in how the real estate market looks afterwards.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #40
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I am in North Carolina, where our local municipality (third largest in the state) declared stay at home orders on Friday. This was after the governor ordered non essential businesses like nail salons, spas, beauty/barber shops close at 5 on Wednesday.
Tomorrow makes two weeks I have been working from home.
We literally only leave the house for supplies and make a point of stocking up to avoid having to go out much. Stores are ridiculous, people run on TP and cleaning products. The streets are BARREN when we do go out for anything.
I am cool with working from home and it will save me money on supplies, gas and wear and tear on my car. The money I don't have to spend on my daughter's after school is being split between savings, paying down credit and online retail therapy. My Rakuten rebates will be ridiculous at the end of this.

As I have been out and about, I notice people NOT social distancing with basketball courts full of people, the neighborhood kids playing football in the yard and random people wandering and shit.
I am having the hardest time dealing with the fact that I have apparently NEEDED basketball all my life

There is a reason the US surpassed China and Italy in total with number of cases.......

I noticed the very same thing last week. People are treating this like a vacation.....
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:02 AM   #41
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...d-19-outbreak/
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:29 AM   #42
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
When this first started in Italy I thought my italian coworkers were overreacting a bit. Seeing how they've contained it now I'm led to believe that the US will get hit much worse.
Seeing everyone on social media doing whatever tf they want... idk.
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:21 PM   #43
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm worried as hell about the various impacts on the economy, which is not to take away from the effects on people.

The Fed is projecting up to 50M unemployed; that's something around 29% unemployment.

We already are heavily underemployed in low-income areas; we're going to need to make big strides toward addressing poverty or we're going to end up creating a larger underclass than we already have.

How are hospitals going to bounce back? How many of the people who get COVID-19 are underinsured or uninsured? If we lose a significant amount of our medical workforce, then what? How do we deal with people who have long-lasting effects like lung scarring?

This seems to have shown the weakness of various industries- and the weakness of an economy where raising capital means becoming a slave to your investors.

We were already heading toward a manufacturing recession, and now we're going to enter it in earnest. What are the ramifications for automation down the line? Will this lead to automation, since machines can't get sick? If so, how many of the unemployed just plain won't come back?

Fascinating, if sad.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #44
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I feel like that whole eviction foreclosure moratoriums are just prolonging the inevitable if the borrowers/renters cant get back on their feet fast enough.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #45
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Paying back only one month of rent in a six month period is going to be impossible for many of those people accepting this assistance.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:07 AM   #46
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
^^ My thoughts exactly. If they cannot afford to pay this month or the next, they haven't worked for several weeks to make up the balance (that $1200 is literally nothing if you also factor in essentials), how do they expect for them to have money just appear??

From what I understand, private lenders are not required to be held to same requirements as .gov lenders. As in, the Gov can wipe out 2-4 months on a payment and absorb the cost as required by the stimulus, etc. Private lenders do not have to do any such thing........especially if they didn't accept the bailout money

This is only a tip of the iceberg. Shit's about to hit the fan here and it'a aint gonna be pretty...
Old 04-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #47
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
It will be ugliest for people who rent. A suspension is the only option they have and when this blows over, whenever this blows over, they will need to get right and current.
Mortgage holders may be able to see this as a deferment added to the end of the loan.
Again, this will REALLY hit the people least equipped to handle it the hardest. I am working an "essential" job, but from home and will not miss any mortgage payments, thank God.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #48
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

^^^Yep. Which is why the 3.2M on unemployment last week, a record high, is only just the beginning.

As I stated, most people live paycheck to paycheck. Sure, they can weather missing one, but two?? Nope.....
Old 04-02-2020, 10:59 AM   #49
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
It doubled to 6.6M today.

End the two-party system. It has failed us. Widespread poverty, government entangled and entwined in business, constant intrusions into our personal lives, racist and anti-poor legal system, etc.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:19 AM   #50
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Not interested in ending up like china, Turkey or any authoritarian country. All a single party system will lead to is a consolidation of power ala Russia.....where you get Presidents literally changing the Constitution, and literally restarting time.

No thanks. We need a more educated population to make the correct choices in terms of politicians and to hold them to a MUCH higher standard and better oversight. We deserve everything that has happened to us as US population has made that choice....WE the people elect these folks. They didn't elect themselves.....

The two party system has NOTHING to do with the response to this. If you have inexperienced folks and yes men running the shop, this is the outcome....
Old 04-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #51
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Florida is leading the charge with stupidity during this crises. The Florida Governor waited until today to establish a stay at home order, they will peak with Covid cases in early to late May. Texas is starting to shut down it's Louisiana border due to their inability to shelter in place and have an order. Louisiana will be in the same boat as Florida.

Texas has 44 new cases, because UT students said fuck it and went to Mexico for Spring Break. Dumb asses!

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/ut-...navirus-threat

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...d-15164996.php

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gove...n-in-louisiana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bgCCXSrwHA

Last edited by lewisfk; 04-02-2020 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: add Texas
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #52
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Not interested in ending up like china, Turkey or any authoritarian country. All a single party system will lead to is a consolidation of power ala Russia.....where you get Presidents literally changing the Constitution, and literally restarting time.

No thanks. We need a more educated population to make the correct choices in terms of politicians and to hold them to a MUCH higher standard and better oversight. We deserve everything that has happened to us as US population has made that choice....WE the people elect these folks. They didn't elect themselves.....

The two party system has NOTHING to do with the response to this. If you have inexperienced folks and yes men running the shop, this is the outcome....
I'm talking more, not less, my dude. We need three, four, seven, ninety-one parties.

You are absolutely, unequivocally, wrong about our two-party system having nothing to do with the response to this. Our sides are so heavily separated that agreement is difficult even in the good times. Our choices last election were between this fucking orange turd and a Warhawk she-devil. We are walking ourselves into the fire because we all have to bleed blue or red, not because we're actually putting America First.

We aren't going to fix anything with the Queens Shitheel or Joe "What Year Is It?" Biden in the White House.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:47 PM   #53
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Again, when the outbreak occured, it was not both parties responsibility to address it. If you would like for me to add the timeline on how this admin addressed it, I sure will. Shoot in the news conference today Jared stated they had "their" masks.....not the state, not the counties...their
.as in the president or whoever he is referring to...

At one point it was called a hoax and we all were told we had it under control. Yet here we are.....
Old 04-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #54
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

I dont want multiple parties, I want better options

That's all I got for politics. Everything is shut the fuck down for atleast another 1-2 months

Yeah its a shit show
Old 04-03-2020, 06:02 PM   #55
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

You won't get better options from mainstream parties. These parties gave us a turd sandwich and a douchebag for candidates. Again. On a state level, they give us turd sandwiches and douchebags. All we fucking get are turds and douches.

Democrats are just as complicit as Republicans about the national stockpile. The Dems had a chance to reup California's stockpile after the Repubs gutted it and didn't.

Even Bernie's an Independent running as a Dem.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:21 PM   #56
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

.......and the people vote them all in

If you're mad, the parties or candidates are not where you should be directing your anger. They all get voted in by thier own constituents, so please properly direct your anger.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:24 PM   #57
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

And wtf does California's stockpile have to do with the national stock pile? No one keeps a stockpile....be it state, county or city because no one can predict when there is a pandemic outbreak. The feds are responsible to distributing to the states. California is not responsible for Wisconsin....

Due to the inaction and not declaring a national emergency or taking action here we are.....
Old 04-03-2020, 06:32 PM   #58
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

And when I say stockpile it's a stockpile.that will.cover every single person (or 80% or so). Every state has a small.amount available
Old 04-03-2020, 09:37 PM   #59
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have no idea on how this is going to play out, but its pretty obvious that this is such a large-scale problem that it will result in a serious problem probably much bigger than the country or world has ever seen. Bill Gates hit the nail on the head with that TED talk he did years ago, and here it is.

I think most of us can all agree in how upside down everything has been for many years now. The cost of housing has been stupid, regardless if its to rent or own. The cost of auto parts has gone up tremendously. Everythings been inflating and I am looking forward to this bubble bursting.

In terms of humanity, nobody welcomes death but boy is it necessary. Theres just too many people on this planet and we're doing more damage than good. Well, one things for certain... lots of deaths will mean lots of properties available and at more realistic prices. Assuming the economy does not collapse. Hopefully our *world leaders* will make the right decisions to prevent this from happening.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #60
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I need the POTUS to explain this. I find it sad that everything the Obama administration set in place, Trump has destroyed or crippled. This includes programs or laws that directly benefit the American people.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...aised-69594177
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote