Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2021, 07:13 PM   #421
ixfxi
Post Whore!
 
ixfxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangin on my chest Account: BANNED #fucksupreme
Age: 79
Posts: 5,926
Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
They lost it? Don't think may places outside of major metros ever had it.
ah yes, the more rural you go, into the interior of the country... them good'ol boys start comin out the wood works with their pitch forks and nooses. SAY HIS NAME... JUSSIE SMOLLETT. haha come on man, push on with that bullshit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
TV/Film/News: Don't forget Fox, OANN, and everything on YouTube and whatever the conservative video sites are. TV/Film/News are not just a mouthpiece for the left.
This is an inaccurate statement, because the power of the industry dictates the tune being played. Conservatives are being censored and restricted, this is a fact. Conservatives in the media end up not having careers. Unless you're a big enough name with a long enough history (eastwood, voight), then you're job in the industry is over (carano). I know numerous people in the industry who've confirmed this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
We're actively trying to destroy our own country. I've helped.
oh, do tell!
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2021, 08:06 PM   #422
KA24DESOneThree
Nissanaholic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SD County SoCal
Age: 35
Posts: 2,466
Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's not an inaccurate statement. Political voices in media have to be sponsored, i.e. they have to be popular enough with the people who vote with their wallets for advertisers to want to pay for airtime. Fame is fickle and even I've taken weak steps to ensure that what I say on the forums doesn't come back to bite me (although it'd be simple enough here to realize the company I co-own but harder to realize the other company I co-own). I don't talk politics with my clients. Don't want to bite the hand that feeds you? Don't open your mouth. Very few people need our voices; they may need our contributions to the argument, sure, but that can be done entirely anonymously. We want to be heard, for our opinion to matter, but fact drives the world.

I've helped by contributing to the side conversations, by adding noise that people have to filter for signal. I've voted for Republicans just because they had an R next to their name, knowing nothing, and I've voted for Republicans just because they weren't Democrats. That's a problem, and I'm sorry for it.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:01 AM   #423
deolio
Post Whore!
 
deolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 4,591
Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
ah yes, the more rural you go, into the interior of the country... them good'ol boys start comin out the wood works with their pitch forks and nooses. SAY HIS NAME... JUSSIE SMOLLETT. haha come on man, push on with that bullshit.
Spent a lotttt of time in rural areas of Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and West Virginia growing up. Even living in less diverse areas of California you see it. People generally fear what they don't know - that's not bullshit, that's fact.

Not saying everyone in the boonies is racist, just that we, as a nation, haven't taken a step backwards of any sort in terms of racism. Seeing and acknowledging it doesn't mean it's having a resurgence, it means people are trying to deal with it and bring an end to it. Can't get healthy if you won't admit you're sick in the first place.
__________________
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #424
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector
 
nick_d_240sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Oregon
Age: 39
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can't end racism. Just like you can't stop climate change and men can't get pregnant.
__________________
1990 240SX SR20DET GTX2863R
nick_d_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 08:18 AM   #425
KA24DESOneThree
Nissanaholic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SD County SoCal
Age: 35
Posts: 2,466
Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You can reduce racism, just like you can reduce the speed with which climate change occurs.

You can especially reduce systemic racism; that's not about changing hearts and minds but changing laws and policies.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 02:42 PM   #426
deolio
Post Whore!
 
deolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 4,591
Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
You can't end racism. Just like you can't stop climate change and men can't get pregnant.
Yeah, you're right. You can't kill an ideology as we've learned time and time again in the middle east, but removing and/or reforming policies and institutions that are prejudicial to a specific race sure would help.
__________________
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 04:14 PM   #427
ixfxi
Post Whore!
 
ixfxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangin on my chest Account: BANNED #fucksupreme
Age: 79
Posts: 5,926
Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
You can't end racism. Just like you can't stop climate change and men can't get pregnant.
^ YUP, I agree. Apparently the foolios below never read or learned much from history. In fact, they probably think that man has changed so much (progressed) and that we're not still the same flawed people. Clueless.


Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
You can reduce racism, just like you can reduce the speed with which climate change occurs. You can especially reduce systemic racism; that's not about changing hearts and minds but changing laws and policies.
No, not really. A solution would be death. I mean, just think what life would be like if you werent on this planet. Less waste, less racism, less masks... haha


Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Yeah, you're right. You can't kill an ideology as we've learned time and time again in the middle east, but removing and/or reforming policies and institutions that are prejudicial to a specific race sure would help.
Somehow not talking about yourself, I mean there's a bigass racist chip on your shoulder. Might want to take that into consideration at some point, before pointing the finger on others.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #428
KA24DESOneThree
Nissanaholic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SD County SoCal
Age: 35
Posts: 2,466
Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Question: why are you, and most conservatives, so vehement that there is no such thing as systemic racism?

Addressing systemic racism would result in a net decrease in the size and scope of government and should, therefore, be something you'd support wholeheartedly.

Instead, you almost seem to wish that government continues to mash certain people under its thumb, costing you more money, costing society more equity, and making the country a less just place.

And to what end? What's the purpose of keeping people subjugated, of keeping swathes of major cities locked in an endless cycle of violence and poverty?

Do you only think systemic racism covers white cops shooting black men? Do you only think that systemic racism provides excuses for looting? Do you only think that systemic racism leads to diversity hires?

I don't get it, man. I don't flippin' get it.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:39 AM   #429
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict
 
LEG1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N Y C
Age: 35
Posts: 659
Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yes I must be Misinformed because anything posted on any media platform is 100% fake. Yes I?m misinformed because hearing it from the horses mouth means nothing. And yes Im misinformed because I get my information the same way you get yours. Lol, heres the truth- you dont like the reality of what Im saying.

The GOP is attempting to recall Gavin Newsom and replace him with this guy. Larry Elder a gentlemen that recently gave an interview in which he stated- “an argument could be made that slave owners also deserve reparations because their property was taken away from them after the Civil War?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rev...ed-reparations?

That’s your candidate? That is who you think will get California where it needs to be? Yeah no thanks! The recall election is an absolute sham. I’ll gladly vote NO.

I noticed that the proud boys and nazis seem to be awfully comfortable in the Republican party why do you think that is?

I then scroll and read a post from someone on here- “Racism and climate change exists but you cant stop it” - Ahh, once again it all makes sense. The Apple never falls far from the tree.

I Feel sorry for those that are conservative that genuinely cares and believes in equal rights for all because they are the shadow in the parties daylight at this point.
__________________
MMX MOFMEMSWSM
LEG1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:26 PM   #430
deolio
Post Whore!
 
deolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 4,591
Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
Somehow not talking about yourself, I mean there's a bigass racist chip on your shoulder. Might want to take that into consideration at some point, before pointing the finger on others.
I'm having trouble deciphering what exactly you're trying to say here. Grammatical nightmare.
__________________
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:20 AM   #431
ixfxi
Post Whore!
 
ixfxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangin on my chest Account: BANNED #fucksupreme
Age: 79
Posts: 5,926
Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Question: why are you, and most conservatives, so vehement that there is no such thing as systemic racism?

I don't get it, man. I don't flippin' get it.
you dont get it, because you are an ill-informed liberal. you believe in fairy tale solutions to life problems, that the government will be able to establish protections for nonsense like this. you eat up bullshit like ibram kendi's definition of racism.

you see, low-brow cave-men such as myself are proud to be around people of all color, nationality, etc... because none of that shit matters. most down to earth people give zero fucks about this stuff. this divisive talk only works on the dumbest of the dumb, or the over-educated, over-sheltered idiots that have been indoctrinated. safe spaces dont exist in the real world.

i mean there is a reason why you said you dont talk politics with your customers. if they heard the shit you believe, they'd probably think twice
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:31 AM   #432
ixfxi
Post Whore!
 
ixfxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangin on my chest Account: BANNED #fucksupreme
Age: 79
Posts: 5,926
Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
Yes I must be Misinformed because anything posted on any media platform is 100% fake. Yes I?m misinformed because hearing it from the horses mouth means nothing. And yes Im misinformed because I get my information the same way you get yours. Lol, heres the truth- you dont like the reality of what Im saying.

The GOP is attempting to recall Gavin Newsom and replace him with this guy. Larry Elder a gentlemen that recently gave an interview in which he stated- ?an argument could be made that slave owners also deserve reparations because their property was taken away from them after the Civil War?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rev...ed-reparations?

That?s your candidate? That is who you think will get California where it needs to be? Yeah no thanks! The recall election is an absolute sham. I?ll gladly vote NO.

I noticed that the proud boys and nazis seem to be awfully comfortable in the Republican party why do you think that is?

I then scroll and read a post from someone on here- ?Racism and climate change exists but you cant stop it? - Ahh, once again it all makes sense. The Apple never falls far from the tree.

I Feel sorry for those that are conservative that genuinely cares and believes in equal rights for all because they are the shadow in the parties daylight at this point.
your location says NYC, so whats your ass gotta do with a california governor recall? thats like me caring about cuomo. go find a governor for NY and open your businesses before you open your mouth

then you post an article by an author who's appearance is...

and i'm supposed to listen to this white girl about larry elder being racist? again, push on with the bullshit

just like the white bitch wearin a gorilla mask throwin eggs at elder when he was in venice. might as well wear a KKK outfit, pretty much goes with the party
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:18 PM   #433
dizzariot
Post Whore!
 
dizzariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 5,202
Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
The GOP is attempting to recall Gavin Newsom and replace him with this guy. Larry Elder a gentlemen that recently gave an interview in which he stated- ?an argument could be made that slave owners also deserve reparations because their property was taken away from them after the Civil War?

That?s your candidate? That is who you think will get California where it needs to be? Yeah no thanks! The recall election is an absolute sham. I?ll gladly vote NO.

I noticed that the proud boys and nazis seem to be awfully comfortable in the Republican party why do you think that is?

I then scroll and read a post from someone on here- ?Racism and climate change exists but you cant stop it? - Ahh, once again it all makes sense. The Apple never falls far from the tree.

I Feel sorry for those that are conservative that genuinely cares and believes in equal rights for all because they are the shadow in the parties daylight at this point.
Larry Elder also talked about some people harassing him on the street. They physically struck members of his security detail, verbally assaulted them all (while wearing masks), and then tried to throw an egg at him.

He said (paraphrasing) that if he had a (D) next to his name that this case (which there is video of) would have been hailed as a hate crime. Since he is a Republican, however, the left is surprisingly quiet. I think your understanding of the word 'equal' is the shadow over your whole argument, man.


Oh and the Proud Boys leader is Cuban and (you might want to sit down for this) they have members that aren't white. Eek! Remember how many SS Nazis were Cuban in WWII? Like, so many....

A lot of the talking point you brought up just seem so...surface-level. I could be wrong.

I also don't consider myself to be a Republican.
__________________
The mark of a true sucka: 'RARE JDM' & 'OLD LOGO NISMO'
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:17 PM   #434
KA24DESOneThree
Nissanaholic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SD County SoCal
Age: 35
Posts: 2,466
Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you dont get it, because you are an ill-informed liberal. you believe in fairy tale solutions to life problems, that the government will be able to establish protections for nonsense like this. you eat up bullshit like ibram kendi's definition of racism.

you see, low-brow cave-men such as myself are proud to be around people of all color, nationality, etc... because none of that shit matters. most down to earth people give zero fucks about this stuff. this divisive talk only works on the dumbest of the dumb, or the over-educated, over-sheltered idiots that have been indoctrinated. safe spaces dont exist in the real world.
Your position's a tall tale, bruh, because there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people living a nightmare. Your position in re: me is also a tall tale, because I, in the post you quoted, specifically said that addressing systemic racism would reduce the size and scope of government. I'm not looking for protections, I'm looking for removal and wholesale change of institutions, laws, and practices.

Systemic racism isn't something that's chosen by this generation of public workers and politicians (except when it is, but we're not covering that right now). It's a feature of the system, a built-in anti-perk.

It's not too hard to believe that there could be policies that influence one class over another, right? Slavery was legal at one time. Jim Crow laws existed. Less than a hundred years ago, we had internment camps for people of Japanese descent (one of which is just a little north of a multi-billion-dollar LA county folly). Just over fifty years ago (this is an edit, I forgot how to math for a second), we had literal racial segregation.

It's not too hard to believe that there might be a cultural issue when our health care systems don't believe black patients' complaints or when medical textbooks literally taught that black people feel less pain than whites. It's not too hard to believe that there might be a cultural issue when black patients lose limbs at a higher rate than white patients.

There's Radley Balko's entire treatise on systemic racism in the criminal justice system. The ACLU's report on racial division in marijuana arrests or a "large-scale analysis of racial disparities in police stops." What about when night time obscures race? Oh, the disparity decreases of course: https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0507094621.htm.

Harsher offenses, longer prison terms, longer waits for parole. Then the disparities worsen because of criminal records.

Fuck it, here's the entire writing from a libertarian author: https://tanneronpolicy.com/2020/11/1...stemic-racism/

What about stop and frisks or consent searches? Black cops and black politicians don't necessarily have the power to break the stranglehold of systemic racism.

Republicans bristle. Black cops bristle. But that doesn't make it any less true, or any less pernicious. Systemic racism is an insult to every American of every race. We should always strive to be, as you said, "proud to be around people of all color" and part of that is dismantling the built-in barriers to progress. By the way, plenty of people of color succeed despite the barriers- but wouldn't the United States be a fuckton better if we actively dismantled the barriers?

I believe in problems, and I believe the solutions are incredibly complex and dynamic. They require teamwork and cooperation and an understanding that this country will only get better if we get better, that understanding isn't just a word we use because it makes us seem woke but a word we use because we empathize.

Last edited by KA24DESOneThree; 09-14-2021 at 11:22 AM..
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #435
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict
 
LEG1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N Y C
Age: 35
Posts: 659
Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
your location says NYC, so whats your ass gotta do with a california governor recall? thats like me caring about cuomo. go find a governor for NY and open your businesses before you open your mouth

then you post an article by an author who's appearance is...

and i'm supposed to listen to this white girl about larry elder being racist? again, push on with the bullshit

just like the white bitch wearin a gorilla mask throwin eggs at elder when he was in venice. might as well wear a KKK outfit, pretty much goes with the party
You'd be surprised at where people live these days.

Skip the girl and pay attention to context of speech that came from his mouth.... Stop deflecting...ughhh you guys look at everything but the point it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDvC7hWQ7k&t=12s

Start at at 0:19 Seconds.

Do you guys think this is correct, and agree with his beliefs? It's a simple yes or no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Larry Elder also talked about some people harassing him on the street. They physically struck members of his security detail, verbally assaulted them all (while wearing masks), and then tried to throw an egg at him.

He said (paraphrasing) that if he had a (D) next to his name that this case (which there is video of) would have been hailed as a hate crime. Since he is a Republican, however, the left is surprisingly quiet. I think your understanding of the word 'equal' is the shadow over your whole argument, man.


Oh and the Proud Boys leader is Cuban and (you might want to sit down for this) they have members that aren't white. Eek! Remember how many SS Nazis were Cuban in WWII? Like, so many....

A lot of the talking point you brought up just seem so...surface-level. I could be wrong.

I also don't consider myself to be a Republican.
Yes very wrong, indeed.

You are dismissing his views and deflecting to an egg being thrown at him? hmmm.... I am discussing the views of this man and his beliefs. Not a stranger in the street throwing an egg? I don't agree with that but why are you deflecting from the main point?

To your second point, the proud boys leader race does not matter. What matters is the principles of the group that he represents. Ok? Racist come in all shapes sizes and colors. By you saying he is Cuban is very surface level. What is that supposed to do? Detract from all his core beliefs and impact of the party, that's quite silly isn't it?

Our country needs a leader that can have people come together not further apart. It's that simple.



Dizzariot what does the above hand symbol mean? I'm curious since you said he is Cuban as to say he can't be affiliated with a racist movement, maybe you can address what he is doing here?

It is possible to have a successful business and be a democrat or a republican. It is not possible to support bad principles and be a good person

When he looses i'm sure he will say its rigged again. In fact looks like he's already starting the narrative. Larry Elder is taking a page of Trumps playbook, but I think the people want to see a better game.
__________________
MMX MOFMEMSWSM

Last edited by LEG1T; 09-14-2021 at 02:53 PM..
LEG1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:19 PM   #436
dizzariot
Post Whore!
 
dizzariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 5,202
Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post

Yes very wrong, indeed.

You are dismissing his views and deflecting to an egg being thrown at him? hmmm.... I am discussing the views of this man and his beliefs. Not a stranger in the street throwing an egg? I don't agree with that but why are you deflecting from the main point?

To your second point, the proud boys leader race does not matter. What matters is the principles of the group that he represents. Ok? Racist come in all shapes sizes and colors. By you saying he is Cuban is very surface level. What is that supposed to do? Detract from all his core beliefs and impact of the party, that's quite silly isn't it?

Our country needs a leader that can have people come together not further apart. It's that simple.

Dizzariot what does the above hand symbol mean? I'm curious since you said he is Cuban as to say he can't be affiliated with a racist movement, maybe you can address what he is doing here?
You have to know your enemy.

Proud Boys care about two things: men's rights and the declaration that the 'West is Best'...AKA Patriotism. If these non-white people can be Patriots, but YOU associate Patriotism with racist views, that's entirely up to you.

There are plenty of non-white people that are in the PBs. Children of first generation immigrant parents from China, Cuba, Mexico etc. There is an article where Tarrio states that the black members of PBs are there because their families raised them as conservative, typically have military background, and opposed the Democratic view that black people in American can only ever be victims.

These are not my beliefs, I am just pointing out that you foaming at the mouth over PBs is such a typical thing for someone on 'your side' of the fence. You are repeating talking point from the news. I am tired of it.

I could give two fucks about PBs. It's a frat, and frats are fucking lame. I, however, understand when someone DOES NOT understand their chosen mortal enemy and is regurgitating tidbits from the news. Go read about them from their inception and tell me it was birthed in white supremacy. Spoiler alert: It was a bunch of frat bros trying to get timid bros laid.

The 'OK' symbol (because I refuse to buy-in to the claims that this was ever anything but) is to sarcastically point out two things:

1. How the internet can claim a symbol ('OK' with your fingers) can be 'radicalized' by sensationalist cucks.

2. That the PBs are often associated with the newly-made-up meaning of this hand gesture and that ALL OF THE NON-WHITE MEN are doing it satirically..or maybe ironically...the point being they are self-aware that their frat is associated with white supremacy but has a lot of non-white members.

My view: Patriotism does NOT mean you are pro-white. It means you love America. It does not mean you want to preserve it or ignore the inherent flaws, but you are proud of where you come from.

If you associate Patriotism with white supremacy, call my Nana and Papa and tell them they hate themselves as per being Patriots. Shit, by your logic all of the minority dudes in that lame PBs frat are self-loathing individuals who would gladly sacrifice themselves at the altar of the white conquerors.

Jesus, man.
__________________
The mark of a true sucka: 'RARE JDM' & 'OLD LOGO NISMO'
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:56 PM   #437
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict
 
LEG1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N Y C
Age: 35
Posts: 659
Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
1- As predicted Larry Elder got smoked and lost California. Thank God.
2- If you think that symbol I posted above means everything is ok, that tells us everything we need to know. No need to say more.
3- You can be patriotic and condemn the bad apples of the movement but you fail to do so and that enables and so long as people continue to do that we will struggle to progress as a whole.
4 I believe that many hide behind the flag and manipulate it to further their agenda. And most of the time it’s not good. That blue line flag sticker I’m looking at you.

Texas passed a law telling women what they should do with the their own body for god sakes wake up.
__________________
MMX MOFMEMSWSM
LEG1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:20 AM   #438
Future240
Super Moderator
 
Future240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Places
Age: 34
Posts: 12,753
Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post




The OK symbol is not a racist symbol. 4chan started it and some white supremacists have started using it but it in itself is not racist.

That would be like saying putting an L to your forehead means you are throwing up latin king instead of looser.



https://www.adl.org/blog/how-the-ok-...olling-gesture
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Your opinions mean nothing to me, and you can both go fuck yourselves..
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:44 AM   #439
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict
 
LEG1T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N Y C
Age: 35
Posts: 659
Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post



The OK symbol is not a racist symbol. 4chan started it and some white supremacists have started using it but it in itself is not racist.

That would be like saying putting an L to your forehead means you are throwing up latin king instead of looser.



https://www.adl.org/blog/how-the-ok-...olling-gesture
Context is everything, don't be so quick to defend the indefensible. We are all smart and grown up enough I would assume to recognize the difference. I am not saying everyone who uses it is racist, I am saying looking at the context of how it's used should be the basis as with everything in communication.

How in the world anyone can defend is beyond me but here you guys are surely trying to make a case. Quite disturbing really.

If you want me to believe that these guys are trying to tell me everything is ok. Then you are completely clueless on the subject there's a difference between using it to really mean "ok" and another for really using it to send a very clear message.

The guys in the photo below know exactly what they are doing, and it's indefensible. And yes as I mentioned earlier some of them happen to hide behind the flag while doing such acts, It's not fiction it's in plain sight. It's Sad.

You can be a patriot and not a racist, you don't have to accept bigotry and it should hold no seat at the table.

Lets just stop the BS at this point.


__________________
MMX MOFMEMSWSM
LEG1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:03 AM   #440
spooled240
Post Whore!
 
spooled240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,159
Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'll take "Generalizing an entire political party with a niche sector of extremist that everyone thinks is a POS" for $500, Alex.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:42 AM   #441
KA24DESOneThree
Nissanaholic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SD County SoCal
Age: 35
Posts: 2,466
Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Isn't that exactly what happens all the time?

Remember when Democrat was synonymous with Antifa? Socialist? Queer? Baby-killer? Godless?

Division makes the world go 'round. It's what keeps third parties from being viable- they're not the enemy and therefore no one cares. Red has to fight Blue because Red has always fought Blue. Blue has to fight Red because Blue has always fought Red.

Can't vote for a third party because that means you're no longer on that front line. You're thinking differently and we can't have that. Step back in line, traitor, your government needs you to check a name with a (D) or an (R) next to it.

The gamification of politics. Next up, a point system so you can literally one-up your neighbors.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:10 PM   #442
spooled240
Post Whore!
 
spooled240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,159
Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
That doesn't mean you should engage in it. Both sides are guilty of this and the discussion typically ends with a toxic vibe that closes off any chance of a productive conversation (see this thread for instance)
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:47 PM   #443
deolio
Post Whore!
 
deolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 4,591
Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
As long as we have a two-party system it's always going to end up that way.
__________________
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:29 AM   #444
KA24DESOneThree
Nissanaholic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SD County SoCal
Age: 35
Posts: 2,466
Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
That doesn't mean you should engage in it. Both sides are guilty of this and the discussion typically ends with a toxic vibe that closes off any chance of a productive conversation (see this thread for instance)
There's a certain point that reason ceases being a factor in an argument: you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't arrive at by reason. You see it countless times throughout this thread: emotion and belief trump reason.

You also see a constant and consistent vein of lies (intentional or not), half-truths, and cherry-picked statistics.

However, I agree with you. I shouldn't engage in toxic conversation. Insults entrench.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #445
Future240
Super Moderator
 
Future240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Places
Age: 34
Posts: 12,753
Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil.
This was said back in 2002 and still rings true today.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
Your opinions mean nothing to me, and you can both go fuck yourselves..
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:29 PM   #446
dizzariot
Post Whore!
 
dizzariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 5,202
Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
1- As predicted Larry Elder got smoked and lost California. Thank God.
2- If you think that symbol I posted above means everything is ok, that tells us everything we need to know. No need to say more.
3- You can be patriotic and condemn the bad apples of the movement but you fail to do so and that enables and so long as people continue to do that we will struggle to progress as a whole.
4 I believe that many hide behind the flag and manipulate it to further their agenda. And most of the time it?s not good. That blue line flag sticker I?m looking at you.

Texas passed a law telling women what they should do with the their own body for god sakes wake up.
1. So CA will continue to see residents move to other states and the people left will be taxed into oblivion. Big 'win' there because perpetuating what's been going on in CA has been working so far.

2. What did I just fucking type...if you look up you'll see my point soaring over you.

3. We are literally arguing because that is what YOU are doing: condemning the GROUP over the 'bad apples'. Again, FUCK THE PROUF BOYS but also fuck anyone regurgitating news headlines. I love how you posted a picture of some airsofting-police LARPers being fucking incels lol. Way to go to extremes. When you can't condemn the whole group due to the actions of the 'bad apples' the same rules apply for EVERYONE...even the groups you don't like.

4. Again, and let me guess here, ACAB? I have NEVER had a good interaction with policemen in the state of CA and I am still human being enough to realize they are human beings. You are painting with a firehose at this point, fuck the brush and broad strokes. You talk about humanity and shit then condemn people based off their affiliations to the same groups that have shitty people in them. If a chess club kid shoots up a school does that make chess club a breeding grown for psychopaths? Should we condemn his club, or his actions?

5. TX Abortion Laws - Jesus Christ are you really just gonna take every news headline to show how informed you are? Do you live in TX? Are you religious? Is ending a heartbeat murder? Are you just talking about it because it's going to get you likes on Facebook? Does a forced vaccine piss you off as well? Do you have any definitive stance or are you just into the hot-topic of the week?


You are not worth discussing with, dude. YOU are the one 'glossing over' things so you can post your angst here. Funny how women's rights in TX ping on your radar but not women's rights in a fucking country we just hastily exited after 20yrs...oh fucking shit nevermind the news stopped discussing that so you forgot already, right?

TL;DR: if you have 'rules' and fail to apply your own rules to your 'enemies' because 'fuck em all' then how much of a paragon can you claim to be.
__________________
The mark of a true sucka: 'RARE JDM' & 'OLD LOGO NISMO'
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 01:07 AM   #447
ixfxi
Post Whore!
 
ixfxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangin on my chest Account: BANNED #fucksupreme
Age: 79
Posts: 5,926
Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Larry Elder also talked about some people harassing him on the street. They physically struck members of his security detail, verbally assaulted them all (while wearing masks), and then tried to throw an egg at him.

He said (paraphrasing) that if he had a (D) next to his name that this case (which there is video of) would have been hailed as a hate crime. Since he is a Republican, however, the left is surprisingly quiet. I think your understanding of the word 'equal' is the shadow over your whole argument, man.


Oh and the Proud Boys leader is Cuban and (you might want to sit down for this) they have members that aren't white. Eek! Remember how many SS Nazis were Cuban in WWII? Like, so many....

A lot of the talking point you brought up just seem so...surface-level. I could be wrong.

I also don't consider myself to be a Republican.
dont trip, you got a very healthy view on things. these other fools are misinformed

they're the liberal white saviors who will save us all from racism

haha its crazy how backwards things have gotten. GO NEWSOM! YOU'RE FOR THE WORKING MAN! HE'S ANTI RACIST! BUT Fuck Larry Elder, you black white supremecist piece of shit! AOC TAX THE RICH!!!! /sarcasm

duuuumb fucks
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:53 AM   #448
KA24DESOneThree
Nissanaholic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SD County SoCal
Age: 35
Posts: 2,466
Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
dont trip, you got a very healthy view on things. these other fools are misinformed

they're the liberal white saviors who will save us all from racism

haha its crazy how backwards things have gotten. GO NEWSOM! YOU'RE FOR THE WORKING MAN! HE'S ANTI RACIST! BUT Fuck Larry Elder, you black white supremecist piece of shit! AOC TAX THE RICH!!!! /sarcasm

duuuumb fucks
Lazy is as lazy does.

This toy's broken, all it says is "liberal, liberal."
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright © 1998 - 2019, Zilvia.net™