Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:59 AM   #61
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffy
Put spacers in the R33 crossmember to drop it down so the hood clears.
Lowering your crossmember changes the pivot point of your LCA. If you lower the car as most of us do,this will add to the problem of positive camber under suspension compression i.e. turns, bumps etc. The reason for this is ideally your lower control arm should be downward and moving to a parallel situation under compression. Its not ideal to be starting in any kind of upwards position or moving to that, because it will negatively affect your handling as stated earlier.
The other problem with this pratice is it takes away from ground clearance. The ideal way is to lower your engine through your mounts.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #62
andrewmp6
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
andrewmp6 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
does a sr turbo elbow fit the rb25
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #63
Armysweitzer
Leaky Injector

Armysweitzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Armysweitzer
nope, it wont.
My life is simple, my food is plain, and my quarters are uncluttered. In all things, I have sought clarity. I face the troubles and problems of life and death willingly. Virtue, integrity and courage are my priorities. I can be approached, but never pushed; befriended but never coerced; killed but never shamed.
- Yi Sunshin
Armysweitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:55 PM   #64
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail
rb25 valves are the same as vg30dett valves.
VG30DETT and VG30DE valves are the same. as well as cams, timing belt, thermostat, Head and Head gasket.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:32 AM   #65
andrewmp6
Zilvia Junkie

no the vg valves dont fit there longer i look up both spec dont not listen to thesnail only parts that fit are the lifters springs and i believe the cam gears the cams wont fit there too short
Old 03-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #66
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6
cams wont fit there too short
well that is only Ovious I did not catch that earlier. yeah it;s true VG Cams won't fit the RB as for the cams being too short is is straight Ovious .the VG is Atwin cam V6 there for having 4 cams (2 intake 2 exhaust) so the cams are only long enough for 3 cylidners. but the TT and NA (VG30DE) cam gears are the same. (basically the VG30DE and TT Engines are the same the only diference is the location and position of the Oil Squirters and the Pitons everithing else is the same.

-Juanton

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #67
s13srmadness
Zilvia Member

s13srmadness is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13srmadness
with a mount kit in an s14 with a koyo rad will any electric fans fit between rad and motor?
i was specifically curious about altima fans.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #68
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13srmadness
with a mount kit in an s14 with a koyo rad will any electric fans fit between rad and motor?
i was specifically curious about altima fans.
if FAL 220's are too thick (witch i found out after buying them) altima fans are WAY too thick. from what i have heard front mount is the best option followed by the ghetto looking 1 pusher and 1 puller setup.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:08 PM   #69
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu
if FAL 220's are too thick (witch i found out after buying them) altima fans are WAY too thick. from what i have heard front mount is the best option followed by the ghetto looking 1 pusher and 1 puller setup.
Man Tenchuu ,my s13 does not look ghetto and its got the 1 pusher 1 puller setup. Hahahahahaha
Actually my and quote "ghetto setup" will flow more air than a dual pusher setup.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #70
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
i said ghetto looking, had nothing to do with performance. i just perfer the balenced look of 2 togather vs the staggered 1 push and 1 pull.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #71
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchuu
i said ghetto looking, had nothing to do with performance. i just perfer the balenced look of 2 togather vs the staggered 1 push and 1 pull.
hahaha ya and I was referring to ghetto looking. hahhahha the setup does not look ghetto on my s13 hahhahhaha.
I threw in the Performance part just to rib you. hahhahahha
Also all jokes aside. With the S13, there is not enough clearance to run dual pullers, especially if your running air. There is, also limited room to attempt a dual pusher setup on the front side. Hence the push pull setup.
The s14 has a much larger front area, allowing for dual pushers.

P.S. give me a call ken I got a plug I need to send to you.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 03-26-2006 at 09:20 PM..
Old 03-27-2006, 12:21 AM   #72
SYKORB26

SYKORB26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to clarify. We've found that the S-14 has plenty of room for dual pushers in front of the AC condenser. However, on the S-13 one of the AC condenser lines interferes on the left side of the car. This limits the size of fans you can run. If you remove the AC condenser, there is plenty of room for dual pushers. Thus, we recommend the push/pull setup for the S13 if you plan to keep AC.

As for pullers, there is only enough room for a very thin single fan on the right side. We only know of two ways to run dual pullers. One is to get rid of the AC compressor and Power steering pump. The other is to notch the radiator support and move the radiator and condenser forward. This goes for both the S13 and S14. Using the Koyo makes any type of puller setup more difficult as it is a very thick radiator.
SYKORB26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #73
joewantstodrift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
joewantstodrift is on the path to ruinjoewantstodrift is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joewantstodrift
does anyone have stock specs and info for the rb25? especially what stock compression should be.
joewantstodrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:01 PM   #74
SYKORB26

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewantstodrift
does anyone have stock specs and info for the rb25? especially what stock compression should be.
Are you looking for specs for compression test or compression ratio? Assuming you are looking for specs for a compression test my reference shows:

Standard: 12.2 kg/cm2 (173 psi)
Min limit: 9.2 kg/cm2 (131 psi)
max variance between cylinders: 1.0 kg/cm2 (14psi)
Old 03-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #75
s13srmadness
Zilvia Member

disheartening news.
so can altima fans be wired to push and would they fit in the other side?
what other dual 12" setups would fit and what do peope here reccomend?
i have an s14 with a koyo, but my intercooler is pretty much sandwhiched up against the rad towards the very top.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #76
s13srmadness
Zilvia Member

ok, what do you guys think of dual 10s pushing and a little guy 9" puller?
with a koyo, low temp thermostat, and the n1 water pump.
this is what i think im going to go with. do not think dual 12s can fit for my setup.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:21 PM   #77
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
my vote goes to FAL dual pullers and of course no air to make them fit there! but then again, thats just me as i hate air period.. new or used car
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:01 AM   #78
s13srmadness
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg
my vote goes to FAL dual pullers and of course no air to make them fit there! but then again, thats just me as i hate air period.. new or used car
that is the stupidest and most unrelatrf response ever.
readwhat was written.dual 12 pullers are beyond out of the question.
thanks for upping your post count with your useless and uninformed opinion.
please delete your post yesterday...
Old 03-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #79
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

The size isn't the issue there, it is the CFM, if you get a high CFM fan it should do the job

for cooling i am sporting 2 10" HP permacool fans between them both should pull 2500cfm or push 80% of that (2000 CFM) or i can do the alternate thing like Drift freaq said and push/pull 2250 CFM (http://www.perma-cool.com/Catalog/Cat_page16.html) if you can find a 10" that no shit flows 5000 CFM then you would only need one.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #80
joewantstodrift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
joewantstodrift is on the path to ruinjoewantstodrift is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joewantstodrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYKORB26
Are you looking for specs for compression test or compression ratio? Assuming you are looking for specs for a compression test my reference shows:

Standard: 12.2 kg/cm2 (173 psi)
Min limit: 9.2 kg/cm2 (131 psi)
max variance between cylinders: 1.0 kg/cm2 (14psi)
thanks. you answered my question.
joewantstodrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:35 AM   #81
Taffy

Taffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Taffy Send a message via Yahoo to Taffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
Lowering your crossmember changes the pivot point of your LCA. If you lower the car as most of us do,this will add to the problem of positive camber under suspension compression i.e. turns, bumps etc. The reason for this is ideally your lower control arm should be downward and moving to a parallel situation under compression. Its not ideal to be starting in any kind of upwards position or moving to that, because it will negatively affect your handling as stated earlier.
Our car handles pretty good even with the lowered crossmember. This is with basically replacement shocks and Tein Luxo Master Springs. I am very happy with the performance.

Quote:
The other problem with this pratice is it takes away from ground clearance. The ideal way is to lower your engine through your mounts.
This is true, but lowering the crossmember is a lot easier and cheaper.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #82
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13srmadness
that is the stupidest and most unrelatrf response ever.
readwhat was written.dual 12 pullers are beyond out of the question.
thanks for upping your post count with your useless and uninformed opinion.
please delete your post yesterday...
what i meant was the two fan set up in front of the radiator of an S13, not S14, and i wasnt answering your question on the fan set up, simply stating for others who plan on doing it in an S13 chassis and dont care about keeping their AC. Sorry if i didnt make it clear or used a wrong pusher/puller term that may have confused you. Anyways, thanks for your smartass reply!
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:51 PM   #83
Tex Willer

Tex Willer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tex Willer
S14/rb25det

Flex-a-lites "puller" don`t fit between Koyo radiator and engine.
"Pusher" in front will work.

Last edited by Tex Willer; 04-02-2006 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: wrong place
Tex Willer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:40 AM   #84
andrewmp6
Zilvia Junkie

whats the biggest turbo that fits the stock exhaust manifold and turbo elbow on a rb25
Old 04-03-2006, 08:12 AM   #85
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

I just put in 2 10" permacool HP fans and they barley fit in the front.

EDIT they don't push enuff air, they fail at life.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #86
Tex Willer

Tex Willer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tex Willer
Quote:
whats the biggest turbo that fits the stock exhaust manifold and turbo elbow on a rb25
Many turbo`s will fit the T3 flange. Like this Precision GT3582R 600hp+

Don`t know of any turbo that will fit std elbow ...6 bolt pattern.
Tex Willer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 01:12 AM   #87
SYKORB26

As Tex said, the T3 manifold side is no problem. Only turbos I know of that fit with the factory O2 housing/elbow were the ones sold in the HKS ECR33 GT Sports turbine kit. Most people putting on a very large turbo are willing to deal with some fabrication. Don't expect to find many direct bolt on turbos for this engine.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:44 AM   #88
andrewmp6
Zilvia Junkie

yeah i started looking around i might say hell with it and get a top mount with somthing big
Old 04-07-2006, 11:36 AM   #89
Taffy

Taffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Taffy Send a message via Yahoo to Taffy
Quote:
Any T3 or T3/T4 turbo will fit. The highest horsepower, readily available turbo that will bolt on is a T3/T4 with a 67mm compressor. Stage 5 wheel is about the biggest exhaust wheel that you should put in a T3 exhuast housing. A P trim will fit, but is not a good idea.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:07 AM   #90
eh?
Zilvia Member

eh? is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
P.S. Oh ya whoever runs RB25det.org needs to get their facts straightened out. They State the T28 is the factory Turbo for the RB25 on their homepage. That is just straight up wrong. The factory turbo on the RB25 is a T3.
I run that site and I hope by now you've figured out that turbo is NOT a T3, it just has a T3 flange. It's a hybrid turbo.
eh? is offline   Reply With Quote