Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-09-2022, 08:54 PM   #1
J90lude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mental Health check up

A long time user and a 240 owner. I just need to get the damn thing running again. I decided to see if this website was back up running. I'm glad zilvia is back I'm Just checking in to see how everyone's mental heath is holding up these days. Everyone doing good?
Old 11-10-2022, 03:49 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Overall good, but I'd be a bit better if the house market didn't suck so bad.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:35 AM   #3
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Think I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. Not sure why dudes have such a hard time talking about mental health. I'm one of those dudes though. My friends are way more open to it ( they see therapists and openly talk about problems in a very direct way).
I think I'm still accustomed to the "Keep your head down and keep working at it" so I tend to bury things and hope they go away, knowing full well it never goes away. I guess I really don't have much to complain about, so I don't. If I really tried I could complain but these would really be first world problems. Money isn't a problem, there's food in the fridge, I've got a good relationship with my family as a whole ( Some strain with my father but what dude doesn't? ), my gf and I get to live pretty nicely, and I don't know anyone directly who's truly struggling.

I just feel like I'm behind compared to people my age, ( Don't have a main residence, but an investment rental property, not married, no kids ). I don't know if I'm going in the right direction in life.

I agree with Tuzzio, housing market blows. I thought I made ok money until I was contacted for a position literally double my salary. Being here 3 years and I STILL can't get a house that I like. I legit want the same style house I grew up in but in a better area, didn't know that meant a $600,000 house in Pa. An equivalent house in Santa Ana, Ca or Irvine sells for almost 3 mil. I think over the past 2-3 years that we have been house hunting, and offering on homes, it's really taken a toll on me. I've been the highest offer a few times, but I've lost out on homes because of wanting home inspections, so they take 30-40k less from someone else. Granted, the home inspection isn't thorough like I thought they would be, but it doesn't harm anyone to get one.
I still have some buyer's remorse on a house I did not buy, I was talked out of it by my dad. This was about a year ago, nothing since then.
Just blows that once I FINALLY had some coin saved up, the pandemic happened. If it was 2019, I'd be in a McMansion in a nice area. That really messes you up to know that 2-3 years of your life was lost due to circumstances out of your control. I refuse to settle.

Apart from that, I just want my friends and family to be alright. I worry about them all the time.

Well that's about it for me. Is everyone else doing ok?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:24 PM   #4
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
In the few years i've been house hunting, i've only went and looked at one house and immediately said no. I can't even find houses in my budget worth looking at. I just switched careers and got a 16% increase in my financial structure, and it still sucks. I also choose not to increase my budget by 16% as that seems foolish, however, being too conservative with my money arguably got me into this position.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 03:45 PM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
today is good. tuesday was stressful. election days always stress me out. (not looking to derail this thread, any political responses should go in the politics thread).

overall i'm overwhelmed with projects. My M45 got sideswiped on the freeway a few weeks back. Insurance cut me an ok check for it, so of course i decided instead of doing the quick and easy thing and just buy another one in good shape, i'd buy a y34 shell from a local salvage yard for $400 and reshell. I'm prob the only person dumb enough to try this task, but its just an unexpected project, on top of a ton of other projects that i'm extremely far behind on.

frustrating.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 09:14 AM   #6
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
In the few years i've been house hunting, i've only went and looked at one house and immediately said no.
I also choose not to increase my budget by 16% as that seems foolish, however, being too conservative with my money arguably got me into this position.
I suggest spending more time looking at houses in person. Find a realtor who is understanding of that and let them know beforehand. Pictures look great and 99% of the time houses look worse in person. I'm not saying that to dissuade you from looking at houses. You absolutely NEED to look in person to then be able to determine whats the norm for the area you want to live in in terms of features, noise levels, how to spot a good/shitty neighbor. As you look at more houses you will be able to pick up on details you wouldn't get just from looking at an online listing. I 've gone to probably close to 100 houses in 4 years. I did buy a cheap mountain house as a fixer upper rental from some crackheads ( no joke, found the paraphernalia). I'm still hunting for a main residence to move out of my moms house.

Don't stress too much about it. This is the time to squirrel away as much cash as you can. You will be better for it I promise. Hindsight is 20/20. No one can predict the future. I'd have bought a house in 2019 for 100k ( today it's worth 385k) but obviously my crystal ball wasn't working. The pandemic and it's effects are out of your control. The only thing you can do is make wise decisions based on what works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
today is good. tuesday was stressful. election days always stress me out. (not looking to derail this thread, any political responses should go in the politics thread).

overall i'm overwhelmed with projects.
My M45 got sideswiped on the freeway a few weeks back. i'd buy a y34 shell from a local salvage yard for $400 and reshell. I'm prob the only person dumb enough to try this task, but its just an unexpected project, on top of a ton of other projects that i'm extremely far behind on.

frustrating.
Yeah I always stress on that because I don't know if I'm making the right choice or not. I genuinely want this country to be in good shape and it always seems like the choices for candidates equate to picking whether you want your left knee or right knee to get hit with an aluminum baseball bat.

Me too. I have too many cars. All projects, literal shitbox army. I'm having a friend look at another car for me 4 states away. It's probably a shitbox. Then I have the investment property that I have to fix. I have my main day job and a weekend job at my dads shop. It happens.

My buddy had an 89 crx hf that he was dailying. He rear ended someone and it was totaled. He bought a $400 shell from someone and reshelled it in a weekend. I think the only new parts were a radiator and a headlight. I'm not sure if he was on drugs or what but he got it done. Red crx crash was wednesday. Bought the shell friday after work. Monday morning rolled in with his white crx.

Meanwhile my S14 has been in the garage for 10 years, literally.
Don't beat yourself up over it. Do what you gotta do. More importantly do what you can do in a timeframe that works for you.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 09:28 AM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Yeah I always stress on that because I don't know if I'm making the right choice or not. I genuinely want this country to be in good shape and it always seems like the choices for candidates equate to picking whether you want your left knee or right knee to get hit with an aluminum baseball bat.

My buddy had an 89 crx hf that he was dailying. He rear ended someone and it was totaled. He bought a $400 shell from someone and reshelled it in a weekend. I think the only new parts were a radiator and a headlight. I'm not sure if he was on drugs or what but he got it done. Red crx crash was wednesday. Bought the shell friday after work. Monday morning rolled in with his white crx.

Meanwhile my S14 has been in the garage for 10 years, literally.
Don't beat yourself up over it. Do what you gotta do. More importantly do what you can do in a timeframe that works for you.
it sucks especially in cases like Sinema where they campaign on one thing and then literally about face. This should be punishable by tar and feathering and then barred from any public office.

i need some of your friends drugs!!! tell him to hook me up!!!
theres so much little shit i want to go through and do, while reshelling. Little improvements like reinforcing areas of the LCA mount where its weak AF, finally installing a z33 2way, etc. Time consuming stuff.

Oh lawd my s13 has been on jack stands since 2014. D E P R E S S I N G.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 09:55 AM   #8
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
doing okay for the most part. the pandemic worked out overall well for me actually other than getting fat and moderate levels of anxiety with mild psychosomatic symptoms.

I have issues with 'impulse control' buying stuff on car projects (still have my s14 although barely running). ended up being able make quite a bit more money in the last few years but money management is just as terrible.

my mental health goals is being able to make more money in 2023 (started llc this year and hoping to get some write offs) and get into better physical shape. did well in creating better life work balance, instead of working 6 days a week @75ish hours, down to 4 and half and 50ish hours. pandemic was kind to my industry in that I am likely to work remote indefinitely.

I was able to get my first house in '21 but just ended renting it out. housing appreciation was downright offensive from late 2020 to mid 2021 and could not afford anything in CA so got something out of state and renting it to tenants.

Ah funny some of you guys are talking about the crx. was going to check one out with a salvage title and hoping the frame is good. had a 89 CRX si and loved it.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote