Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
isixphill
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
isixphill is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to isixphill
Unhappy s13 shakes during idle in low rpms?!?!?!

i have a 1992 s13 fb

during idle my car will shake?.. nothing violent but a very noticable shake everyone who rides in my car comments about it and after driving around town i will start to get a head ache

what makes this weird is its only during idle/low rpms while driving it smooths out and feels normal

it shakes up to 1400rpm then goes smooth

i have surched this problem and heard everything from sparks/misfire to exhaust clog..but to no avail nothing fixed it

please help thanks ALOT!!!!!
isixphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
timing or dle screw ot maybe motor mounts?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
SBCsx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
SBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura aboutSBCsx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I had the same problem on my hatch one of the cylinders was misfiring check your distributor/replace or check sparks to see which one is misfiring. You should change your motor mounts as well mine were done.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
lbsam
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
lbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her selflbsam is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
did you just buy this car? we need more details.. solid motor mounts tend to do this.. so if you just bought it check those.. it could be all of the above ^
lbsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
check your injectors one could be malfunctioning as in leaking or clogged. the o rings could also be messed up.

disconnect each injector while idling. if you see no change in rpm drop then thats your culprit

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 10-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
nissandr1ft
Zilvia Member

nissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura aboutnissandr1ft has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to nissandr1ft
Mine did that for a while on my first S13 when the O2 sensor died.... have you checked for codes?
nissandr1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
isixphill
Leaky Injector

i just changed all the spark plugs 3days ago

i bought the car 3 months ago and if it was the motor mounts wouldnt it shake hard as i decelerate or apply throttle?

ill check the injectors asap

stuff i forgot to mention:
i have been burning oil (exhaust smells bad).... seems like from cylinder #2 because when i changed the sparks #2 was all gunkie n built up on the threads and even on the bolt part too

one time i added injector cleaner and gas tank cleaner into my gas tank and the problem went away for a week or so??
Old 10-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
91white_ka
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (5)
91white_ka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Shakes like a vibration? Or shakes like a sputter?
91white_ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
isixphill
Leaky Injector

OK i think the problem might be a misfire because......... last night i had to give my friend a ride to work and it was shaking while i was waiting for them and as i left my place...butttttttt after i dropped em off i went on a little cruz around town and when i started coming home i noticed at a light the shaking went away and it was smooth again????

yes its gone for now but how do i keep it away this is the second time its came n gone?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
Ivebeenconverted
Banned from the Marketplace

Ivebeenconverted is an unknown quantity at this point
sea foam this thing, check the mounts, spark plugs, timing if you can. and might wanna check the fuel pump see the condition of the pump/tank i have rust in my tank and thats what my car does and my car is a fresh swap and it had NO problems in my s14
Ivebeenconverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by isixphill View Post
one time i added injector cleaner and gas tank cleaner into my gas tank and the problem went away for a week or so??
Quote:
yes its gone for now but how do i keep it away this is the second time its came n gone?

by checking your injectors and changing them if needed lol

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 10-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
ericb382
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
ericb382 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by isixphill View Post
i just changed all the spark plugs 3days ago

i bought the car 3 months ago and if it was the motor mounts wouldnt it shake hard as i decelerate or apply throttle?

ill check the injectors asap

stuff i forgot to mention:
i have been burning oil (exhaust smells bad).... seems like from cylinder #2 because when i changed the sparks #2 was all gunkie n built up on the threads and even on the bolt part too

Have you compression/leakdown tested it? Burning oil + shaking could be worn/damaged rings. Easy to rule out with a simple test....
ericb382 is offline   Reply With Quote