Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #301
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
Trader Rating: (3)
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzillarb View Post
Found some more with the old tires
What kinda tires were the old ones?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #302
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sumitomo HTR Z, cheap as hell. IIRC they were like $92 a piece for 315/35

I bought them with the intention of just burning them down with messing around on the street, but they hooked like dog shit. Leaving tread on the street at like 50-60mph with a stock RB26 is pretty pathetic. On the upside, it looked pretty cool smoking them like that. Even at the 1/8 track on 8psi I'd light them up in 3rd gear. Scary stuff.

This one guy in a riced civic tried to race me and I ended up passing him at 70ish burning rubber, epic ownage.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #303
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
haha. nice ownage. I bought the sumitomo HTR Z's as well. I haven't got them yet but they were sooo cheap I had to try them out. $99 a tire on tirerack and $92 a tire for the 275/40-17 fronts. I really wanted the BFG KD's but they're just too expensive right now. The sumitomos and wheel parts will be here later this week, but I'll be out of town on an interview.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #304
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
I'm still running the HTR Zs in the front, 255/40/17. They do a reasonable job with water and whatnot.

I think I'll end up getting some stickier tires for the front later to aid in my stopping distance, but for the money, they're pretty damn good.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #305
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

RedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to beholdRedSVTFlareside is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to RedSVTFlareside Send a message via MSN to RedSVTFlareside
My camera took really shitty pics. So I'm just putting up one or two. I'll get more later. This is the test fitment. As expected, the front tires disaggree with several things.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #306
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
what size are your tires? ^^^^^ Edit... just saw they are 275s. You be MUCH better off getting a STICKY 255/35 than running a cheap 275. JMO.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #307
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
what size are your tires? ^^^^^ Edit... just saw they are 275s. You be MUCH better off getting a STICKY 255/35 than running a cheap 275. JMO.
You might be correct. I bought a round of cheap sumitomo tires first because I wanted to be sure on the clearance. I would definately like to run a higher quality tire and I will after I burn through these. As far as sizing down, I will consider that in the future.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #308
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

another
Old 04-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #309
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
nice

soon ill post my car im going to be getting some mb motoring competition 17x9+17 with some falken rt615 255/40/17 cant wait
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #310
Subzeroqc
Leaky Injector

Subzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enoughSubzeroqc will become famous soon enough
Front: 265 on 18x9 Rear: 285 on 18x10

Subzeroqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #311
Skeeg
Leaky Injector

Skeeg is just really niceSkeeg is just really niceSkeeg is just really niceSkeeg is just really niceSkeeg is just really niceSkeeg is just really niceSkeeg is just really niceSkeeg is just really niceSkeeg is just really nice
i figured id ask here..... but i have a 95 240 and im wanting go for the 15inch drags in the back and matching 15's in the front.

what i cant decide is what width to run, thinking either 10 or 12 in the back and 8 or 9 in the front as it will also be seeing normal street conditions on top of track days, its for both drag and grip.... not sure on what type of backspacing to run on the front and back, what offset and what tires to run.

also i have 300zx front brakes.... thanks for any help!
Skeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:01 AM   #312
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroqc View Post
My Gawd that fits nice, whats the offset? How much camber you running?
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #313
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here is mine:

YOUR CHASSIS: s14

WHEELS: 5Zigen gn+ pro racers 17x9.5 +12 f&r

TIRES: 265/40R17

MISC DETAILS: stock engine.

PURPOSE OF CAR: My driving is primarily in the mountains, road racing later

PICTURES:

I took them back off, car is going to the body shop in the next few weeks. then it's going to need a slight pull. I might be able to do it with a bar or a bat.

If someone has a puller they would let me use please PM me.

Last edited by driftyour40; 04-15-2008 at 12:39 PM..
driftyour40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #314
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
those are not RPF1...

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #315
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroqc View Post

What brand tires and what offset rims? Did you pull the front at all? The most i can fit up front is a 255 and i'm VERY close to rubbing both the coilover and the rolled part of the fender. I'm wondering if you're running a narrow brand or WTF you did?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #316
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
those are not RPF1...

Edited.
lol no no they are not, thank you.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #317
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
this page has some wicked shit.
I love this thread!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 AM   #318
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
me too.. I love this thread

My wheels and tires are being delayed because the guy i want to get them from got injured

I was hoping to have my coilovers this week also but Richard has his week off/vacation LOL...aaah and it's my vacation this week! I wanted to have everything on this week lol.. guess not.

At least the weather is amaaaazing whoooole week ALL sunny not even clouds oh man.. Im so glad winter is over

I took some pix of the car with the new camera but i wont post my skinny bicycle wheeled car in here heh :P
Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #319
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Does anyone else have problems with the front tires hitting the seam on the firewall when turning? I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do to fix this problem but I haven't seen anyone else with this fitment issue.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #320
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSVTFlareside View Post
Does anyone else have problems with the front tires hitting the seam on the firewall when turning? I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do to fix this problem but I haven't seen anyone else with this fitment issue.
most people just hit shit with hammers to get past things that rub. Make sure your alignment is good then start hitting shit.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #321
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
I have 275s on the back of my hatch. But, Damn they look big on the back of the white coupe above. I like!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #322
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-T_240 View Post
I have 275s on the back of my hatch. But, Damn they look big on the back of the white coupe above. I like!
That's because they are 315's
Old 04-17-2008, 03:03 AM   #323
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-T_240 View Post

These are 275/35-17 tires with stupid offset wheels

And this is a 315/35-17 on 17x12 wheel vs. a 245/45-16 on a 16x8.5 wheel

Note that all of the rear tire and wheel gain was to the inside. I retained the same outter rim half.

I think I will just bang that seam over on the firewill with a BFH, and lop the part of my bumper off that the tire touches.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:02 AM   #324
a_ahmed
BANNED

your pictures are too dark on my screen to see the tires under the car
Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #325
RedSVTFlareside
Leaky Injector

Yea, they all turned out really dark.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #326
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I'm going 17x10' in back and 17x9s next

throw some NT01's all the way around
Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 AM   #327
Meng1988
Leaky Injector

Meng1988 will become famous soon enoughMeng1988 will become famous soon enoughMeng1988 will become famous soon enoughMeng1988 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftyour40 View Post
Here is mine:

YOUR CHASSIS: s14

WHEELS: 5Zigen gn+ pro racers 17x9.5 +12 f&r

TIRES: 265/40R17

MISC DETAILS: stock engine.

PURPOSE OF CAR: My driving is primarily in the mountains, road racing later

PICTURES:

I took them back off, car is going to the body shop in the next few weeks. then it's going to need a slight pull. I might be able to do it with a bar or a bat.

If someone has a puller they would let me use please PM me.

Are these all stock fenders? And where in Socal do you live?
Meng1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #328
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You guys realize that dunlop direzzas run suuuuuuuuuuuuuper narrow right? My 235/40/17 ss595 run wider than those.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:57 AM   #329
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng1988 View Post
Are these all stock fenders? And where in Socal do you live?
yes. rolled now they need a slight pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert View Post
You guys realize that dunlop direzzas run suuuuuuuuuuuuuper narrow right? My 235/40/17 ss595 run wider than those.
they are just a little thiner then the 275 my co worker runs on his vett I would not call that supper narrow. You are right they do seem kind of narrow though. but it's fine it saves me from having to pull the shit out of the fender.

for now at least. I think next time I need tires I'm going w/275s
Old 04-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #330
Meng1988
Leaky Injector

Meng1988 will become famous soon enoughMeng1988 will become famous soon enoughMeng1988 will become famous soon enoughMeng1988 will become famous soon enough
Sorry but do you happen to have any pictures of directly behind the wheel/fender, I can't really see how far it sticks out? I have 18-9.5 +12 and am trying to find the tires I want.
Meng1988 is offline   Reply With Quote