Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #91
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I loooove the 2jz-gte, easily my favorite engine in the world. Lots of great reasons some of which are:
great availability and reliability, cheap for what you get, incredibly strong block, impressive oem internals and design, high performance OEM head and valvetrain, utilizes a map sensor from the oem... just some of the +++ off the top of my head.

I have some good pictures when I figure out my photobucket password
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #92
h815 240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
h815 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What did everyone use for there clutch line? I havent found anything about it yet.
h815 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #93
JeeBus
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
JeeBus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aled View Post
OEM S14 Clutch Master Cylinder.

with this line:
Welcome to Driftmotion!

Perfect length and the same thread size/pitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
The slave cylinder will end up on the driver side now, which makes for a cleaner install IMO! And thanks Aled for the information, I've subscribed to your thread and have definitely picked up some great info and insight for my personal setup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aled View Post
The line that Drift Motion sells is the same exact thread pitch to the OEM Nissan Slave Cylinder.

I could have used my old clutch line from my SR setup, but it would have been longer and would have required shortening/looping.

Absolutely.
If you have any questions or problems feel free to PM me.
^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by h815 240sx View Post
What did everyone use for there clutch line? I havent found anything about it yet.

Read above.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #94
s14pit
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
s14pit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does any one know if a aem ems v1 box from a supra be used on a 240 with a 2jzgte?

I was told that you have to have some aftermarket ignition module from hks or greddy.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #95
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Didn't see this. We have plenty of items to make your 2JZ swap easier and cheaper

Chase Bays Engine Harness - Toyota 1JZ-GTE | 2JZ-GE | 2JZ-GTE We've done all the dirty work. Why hack up the used OEM harness when we've made a brand new harness for your swap in your chassis? Oh, and its great looking.

Chase Bays Tucked Aluminum Radiator Frees up engine bay space the 2JZ takes so much of

Chase Bays AN Fuel Line Kit - Nissan 240sx w/ 1JZ | 2JZ Fuel lines need some modification with the swap. With the 1JZ/2JZ the manifold is on the fuel outlet side now. Our kit changes that.

Chase Bays Stainless Steel Power Steering Hose - Nissan 240sx S13/S14 High Pressure Hose thats required for the swap, pressure tested and fits perfect.

Chase Bays Power Steering Kit - Nissan 240sx w/ 1JZ | 2JZ A great looking kit that serves a purpose. If your stock reservoir and hoses don't leak now, they will soon.

Chase Bays Clutch Line - Nissan 240sx Great looking, rigid, and functional.

Hope this helps!

Chase Bays Products - ChaseBays.com

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #96
Chase Bays
Zilvia Junkie

Chase Bays is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14pit View Post
Does any one know if a aem ems v1 box from a supra be used on a 240 with a 2jzgte?

I was told that you have to have some aftermarket ignition module from hks or greddy.
We've done it with the OEM Supra Igniter and the OEM IS300 igniter. The only reason its needed is because the Supra coils are "dumb" coils. Meaning they do not have internal igniters, hence the external igniters listed above.

If you use "smart" coils you won't need the oem igniters or aftermarket ignition modules. They use internal igniters and can be wired directly to the EMS. Very soon we will be releasing a bolt in plate for 1JZ / 2JZ to mount LS2 truck coils, and of course the wiring to make it all work.

IMPROVING PERFORMANCE AND AESTHETICS WHILE SAVING WEIGHT AND SPACE

www.ChaseBays.com | [email protected] | (205)623-2188
Chase Bays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #97
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
I want that plate. NOW. Kthx.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #98
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Chase - Still wish you guy's would consider doing an automatic harness

Also any pics of your harness installed on a JZ yet? I've heard they look great i would love to see how it is ran though.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #99
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Didn't see this. We have plenty of items to make your 2JZ swap easier and cheaper

Chase Bays Engine Harness - Toyota 1JZ-GTE | 2JZ-GE | 2JZ-GTE We've done all the dirty work. Why hack up the used OEM harness when we've made a brand new harness for your swap in your chassis? Oh, and its great looking.

Chase Bays Tucked Aluminum Radiator Frees up engine bay space the 2JZ takes so much of

Chase Bays AN Fuel Line Kit - Nissan 240sx w/ 1JZ | 2JZ Fuel lines need some modification with the swap. With the 1JZ/2JZ the manifold is on the fuel outlet side now. Our kit changes that.

Chase Bays Stainless Steel Power Steering Hose - Nissan 240sx S13/S14 High Pressure Hose thats required for the swap, pressure tested and fits perfect.

Chase Bays Power Steering Kit - Nissan 240sx w/ 1JZ | 2JZ A great looking kit that serves a purpose. If your stock reservoir and hoses don't leak now, they will soon.

Chase Bays Clutch Line - Nissan 240sx Great looking, rigid, and functional.

Hope this helps!

Chase Bays Products - ChaseBays.com
I love you guys.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #100
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Updated the first post with a differant/new mount kit option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
This is what a modified crossmember will look like.

just for referance too, when i got the Tech2 kit this is how it came.

note the crossmemeber modification vs. the stock crossmember below.
you can buy them from jdm2191, if he has sold them try finding them somewhere else.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #101
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
I can't figure out the embedding code on this site haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzR4Mfx2I-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFR3C...eature=related
Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #102
ke70 sr20det
Leaky Injector

ke70 sr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
cluster reading

hey i have also done jdm 2jz swap in my silvia s13 it runs perfectly fine the only problem is its not showing temperature and fuel in the cluster how can i fix that

having hard time driving with no fuel and temp readings

thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #103
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
Any recommendations for flywheel n clutch options for the r154?
Old 10-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #104
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

First post edit'd with another mount kit from FREED Engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftec View Post
I can't figure out the embedding code on this site haha

2jz 240 idle. - YouTube

2jz 240 running - YouTube
Sounds good, needs more full run vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke70 sr20det View Post
hey i have also done jdm 2jz swap in my silvia s13 it runs perfectly fine the only problem is its not showing temperature and fuel in the cluster how can i fix that

having hard time driving with no fuel and temp readings

thanks
Must be something wrong with the (12 or 10 pin connector) that goes from the harness to the cluster. thats what SHOULD make the fuel work. as far as temp. my temp gauge never really "worked" after my swap. i'm sure you could run a wire from the ecu to the gauge? i would HIGHLY reccomend a aftermarket temp gauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
I'll leave that for the 5spd guys. seems alot of people like the ACT clutch though.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #105
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

I'm running a Competition stage 5 clutch and love it. Just wish I could have found a lighter flywheel. I'm using the stock 1jz flywheel for now.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #106
florante rea
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (43)
florante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of lightflorante rea is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to florante rea Send a message via Yahoo to florante rea
I spoke to drewgo yesterday about his turbo manifold.... Next year he's releasing v2 drewgo 2j mani:-)
Old 11-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #107
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED THESE MOUNTS ARE STILL FOR SALE

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/41225...ml#post4360446
Old 11-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #108
onlydrinkkoolaid
Zilvia Member

onlydrinkkoolaid is an unknown quantity at this point
damn chase bays part are legit man will be sending my harness to you guys Im sold on your quality of work
onlydrinkkoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #109
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Hey Flicktitty you think I can get away with using aftermarker S-Chassis Motor Mounts with a Tech2 Kit?
Old 12-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #110
h815 240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
h815 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what kind of fitting did you use for the fuel hardline to the new ones you ran?
h815 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #111
weissguy
Zilvia Junkie

weissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the rough
Those of you with your electric fans mounted to the front of your radiator, how are your water temperatures? Mine are mounted to the back as a puller setup and there is barely any room.
weissguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:42 AM   #112
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (8)
Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
here are a few pics of mine....

Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #113
weissguy
Zilvia Junkie

weissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the rough
Thats pretty slick. Did you modify the radiator or the radiator support? More details please.
weissguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #114
aled
Zilvia Junkie

aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14pit View Post

Ahh the AEM.
I used a V1 AEM EMS on my 1JZ/S14 setup. I am still using the V1 AEM EMS on my 1.5JZ/S14 setup.

Since you are referring directly to the 2JZ engine, the AEM was only made for this engine. If anyone wants to get into what needs to be done to use a 2J AEM on a 1J, I can elaborate.

Alright, so the specific AEM EMS for the 2JZ, I believe the serial number 30-1100 will be plug-n-play. You are using the same ECU plugs regardless of the chassis the engine/wiring harness is in. All that is changed for the S-Chassis adaptation is the Nissan M63 Plug.

Then, wire in whatever AEM sensors you desire:
- Wideband
- MAP sensor
- Boost Control
Wiring for these sensors is VERY straight-forward.

As for the ignition system. You can get away with running the OEM Toyota ignition coil packs/etc. Here's the issue, you need to run a very tight spark plug gap on the OEM setup/AEM. However, if you convert to say a HKS DLI, you will have a much stronger Ignition charge, and will allow a bigger spark plug gap. More spark, less chance of breakup/blowout at higher RPM.

For ~$300, USED, the HKS DLI is a great idea for anyone wanting to go aftermarket ECU/Single setup.
aled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #115
aled
Zilvia Junkie

aled is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
I use the OEM 1J Flywheel and the ACT 6-Puck Clutch (Part #: TS2-XTG6)

ACT is rated at almost 630 ft/lbs. of torque. I have no complaints yet. I can say this though, if you have the finances to go Twin Disk, do it.
aled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #116
CDD200
Leaky Injector

CDD200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally got a swap harness after myjz and turbo dave fell through. Went with tweaked performance, paid out the hole but it is brand new and got it in a week, and fired the car up sunday night. these things really are a money pit,... somebody tell me it is worth it, thanks
Old 01-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #117
bullfrogg0
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
bullfrogg0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First off I wanna say thanks for you linking to my thread about wiring. I daily my car that that info came from and have no issues what so ever.

As far as the clutch line, driftmotion is a rip off. If you use the stock s chassis clutch master you can get a 30" hard line from oreily's for like $5 and just bend it around to fit, that's what I did and it works flawlessly.
bullfrogg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #118
bullfrogg0
Zilvia Member

here's some pics i just took of mine. its dirty and not a very pretty swap, but i chose function over form.

here's my $5 clutch line

here's the fan and it's clearances (i cut about a half inch from the upper core support to lean the radiator forward just a bit, also it's an sr20 koyo rad)

here's the finished product and my daily

here's what the swan neck shifter and shifter extension look like coming up out of the stock boot

Old 01-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #119
bullfrogg0
Zilvia Member

oh, and i opted for all autometer gauges instead of the dakota digital stuff, that's the reason for the big tach lol
Old 01-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #120
1jzs14
Leaky Injector

1jzs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
so who still does the wirring for the 1jz swap is alot of people stoped doing this service?
1jzs14 is offline   Reply With Quote