Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #121
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Springs - So, you get pissed if a server brings you a refill of a drink WITHOUT you asking?
see brian? exactly what im talkin about. sorry but gettin you refills without asking is the sign of a good server imo.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #122
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiros View Post
Well, forgive me for not sucking your cock to earn your extra $2, I could give a fuck less. I'm not a beggar, I make enough for what I need to.
Do me a favor?
Please QUOTE who you are responding to when you say things like this.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #123
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
look i don't care when my waiter asks to refill my drink, because chances are he's reaching across the table to get it anyway, and it would be rude if he said nothing.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #124
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Do me a favor?
Please QUOTE who you are responding to when you say things like this.
forgot to add that line of code, sorry, I was responding to a quote from spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
look i don't care when my waiter asks to refill my drink, because chances are he's reaching across the table to get it anyway, and it would be rude if he said nothing.
You have to play the angle, if it's in an awkward angle in the middle of the table, ask, if it's withing swiping distance, go ahead and grabbit.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #125
mrflip69
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
mrflip69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
To the guys that give excellent service, why does it still bug you if people don't leave tip for shit service? That shouldn't affect you--it would affect the shitty servers???
If a night is ruined because of a shitty server, why should they get a mandatory 8%? Because of the already low wages? Boo hoo... do your job next time!

BTW What makes 20% the magic # for a great tip? Pretty snooty, no matter how great you are, to think people are obliged to leave that much, if anything at all. Gratuity, look it up in the dictionary.

What if I go to some overpriced place, and the food was totally subpar... having to leave that much tip would be a slap in ->my<- face LOL..

If you're as great a server as you think you are, then it'll usually reflect in your tip. If it's not, don't automatically think the guy is a cheap asshole. Maybe he had higher expectations? Maybe the guy owns a 240sx, and scrounged up all the change he could find under the couch to have a nice meal? Maybe he's Chinese, or brought up by Chinese, and didn't want to insult you? haha

Yeah, it's a tough job, but nobody is making you choose that career. Put up with the shit and hopefully for the most part, it'll pay off. You say you're not a beggar, then don't expect tips! Think of the other shit, and I mean REALLY shit jobs out there where people don't get tipped for just doing their damn job. Some are lucky to get promotions/raises, while the rest continue with the suck.

BTW, I agree for the most part with drift_freaq's tip guide... we pay 8.25% tax here in LA county, maybe more if our budget doesn't reform, so I usually leave double and some change. Works out to about 17% on average.

How about the rest of you in higher/lower taxed areas?
mrflip69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #126
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
this is my dads way of doing it
u puts 4 5 dollar bills on the table
when waiter/waitress comes he says "this is ur tip for every mistake u make im gonna take 1 away and put it back in my pocket"
we get perfect service most of time

its a good plan but i dont tip 20 bucks at diners or shit lol
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #127
JDM_inspired
Zilvia Member

JDM_inspired is making a name for him/her selfJDM_inspired is making a name for him/her self
i just double the sales tax...
Old 01-26-2009, 12:00 AM   #128
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hatchie View Post
this is my dads way of doing it
u puts 4 5 dollar bills on the table
when waiter/waitress comes he says "this is ur tip for every mistake u make im gonna take 1 away and put it back in my pocket"
we get perfect service most of time

its a good plan but i dont tip 20 bucks at diners or shit lol
Then the waiter gets him a refill without asking, and it costs them $5.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 AM   #129
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Ok I said what I said before and I am probably going to reiterate here. To the Servers on here.

1. If you are making jokes and laughing about customers behind their backs you're being unprofessional. Period. That right there is grounds for you losing tips. Its rude and immature on your part. Two words. Grow up.

Oh and If was eating at your place and you served me and I saw you doing this you would lose your tip. Oh and don't think customers don't see your shit when you think they don't. You would be surprised how much customers can pay attention to your actions.

2. Expecting a 20% gratuity as a standard good tip is pretentious and on the stuck up side of things. Who the fuck are you that makes you so special? Unless you have given service worthy of a 20% tip which is top notch over the top service, you most likely deserve a 17% possibly 18% . If you service was decent you should get a 15% tip. Anything less than decent you reap what you deserve.

Akiros I dare to say you have a borderline bad attitude even though you claim to be a good server that gives good service. I honestly think you need to find a career or a different job because by your own posts you have become way to jaded to be doing your job. See once you become jaded you get worse at your job, it just kinda happens over time. The money may be good but your attitude is not by your own admission.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #130
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
drift that goes both ways though man. ive walked away from tables only to hear them making fun of my: hair, earings, clothes, something i said. good times.

just tonight. first table. 2 russians (they are considered the worst around here) 2 waters, i had within 60 seconds of them ordering them. brought out bread with the water. took order, came out in less than 7 min. made sure they loved their food didnt need any extra dressing or anything, drinks never got below half. she orders coffee when done with her meal, gets it in 20 seconds. i remove everything they are done with to keep clutter down. 28.37 is their bill. they leave me 30.... hard not to let that affect the rest of ur night. in our line of work even when ur on top of everything, u can still get paid like ur a complete retard.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 AM   #131
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
drift that goes both ways though man. ive walked away from tables only to hear them making fun of my: hair, earings, clothes, something i said. good times.

just tonight. first table. 2 russians (they are considered the worst around here) 2 waters, i had within 60 seconds of them ordering them. brought out bread with the water. took order, came out in less than 7 min. made sure they loved their food didnt need any extra dressing or anything, drinks never got below half. she orders coffee when done with her meal, gets it in 20 seconds. i remove everything they are done with to keep clutter down. 28.37 is their bill. they leave me 30.... hard not to let that affect the rest of ur night. in our line of work even when ur on top of everything, u can still get paid like ur a complete retard.
Oh don't get me wrong I understand about what you wrote above but see there is a rule in sales. As much as you may not like a customer being professional is the utmost i.e. smile grin and bear it.

I know it sucks and I know there are bad customers out there. Hell take a look at all the lowballers these days in the car sales and parts world lol. I will just say that the both sides do need to take the other side into consideration.

In other words everyone is going to bet the occasional bad apple it happens. Knowing when or how to steer clear of the situation is tougher. Though What I said to Akiros I stand by.

We treat people right expecting the equal in return and usually get it. Sometimes circumstances go awry and things do not work. People are human not perfect.

If Akiros wants to stand up to his so called claimed great service than the first thing he should do is stop taking on the jokes behind the back attitude. Otherwise he is a hypocrite.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #132
theronin
Post Whore!

oh, i dont talk about tables behind their backs. just was never my thing.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #133
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
my brother once left a few quarters and a dime as a tip once
he felt bad cuz thats all he had on him
said he never went back their again haha
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:51 AM   #134
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
I liked it better when people just did their jobs because it was their job.

Tips are for wimps!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #135
theronin
Post Whore!

and i liked it better when society wasnt full of a bunch of pricks. but we all dont get what we want now do we.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #136
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Oh don't get me wrong I understand about what you wrote above but see there is a rule in sales. As much as you may not like a customer being professional is the utmost i.e. smile grin and bear it.

I know it sucks and I know there are bad customers out there. Hell take a look at all the lowballers these days in the car sales and parts world lol. I will just say that the both sides do need to take the other side into consideration.

In other words everyone is going to bet the occasional bad apple it happens. Knowing when or how to steer clear of the situation is tougher. Though What I said to Akiros I stand by.

We treat people right expecting the equal in return and usually get it. Sometimes circumstances go awry and things do not work. People are human not perfect.

If Akiros wants to stand up to his so called claimed great service than the first thing he should do is stop taking on the jokes behind the back attitude. Otherwise he is a hypocrite.
Dave, (if I may call you that) I'm not saying that I'm "making fun" of tables, e.g. calling them an ugly lesbian whore, or something that is totally immature; I'm just saying I would say to a fellow server "Table X is pissing me off, or they are being assholes, etc"

Believe me, I am NEVER rude to ANY customers, they pay me, I grit and smile, etc. I'm not some immature snooty waiter guy.

I'm not making the restaurant service my career; My restaurant is a step below chili's - a casual family restaurant that serves pizza - We have a full bar, etc. This isn't my career, it's getting me through school. I'm not going to take a waiter job serious enough to care about certain extremities. I do enough to get enough self gratification to know that I am doing a good job. I usually make the most out of the 4-5 servers that are on staff at a time, and hey, numbers do not lie. I average at least 20% of my sales EVERY shift. So why wouldn't I be SOMEWHAT disappointed in a 15% tip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
Akiros I dare to say you have a borderline bad attitude even though you claim to be a good server that gives good service. I honestly think you need to find a career or a different job because by your own posts you have become way to jaded to be doing your job. See once you become jaded you get worse at your job, it just kinda happens over time. The money may be good but your attitude is not by your own admission.
You take things too literal. When did I say that it happens all the time or I am constantly in a bad mood, being bitchy, etc? I love my job for what it is, I just want to make more than 30-35k a year, and I don't want to be waiting tables for the rest of my life. I also managed for a year; I'm not making the industry my career by any means.

My main point that was people that say things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by springs1
The idiot, lazy ass waiter decided just because I had ordered a dr. pepper that I wanted dr. pepper again, but I really wanted a coke the second time around.
Are taking things too far. Considering they fall into around a 3% (3 out of every 100 people that I wait on) Pleasing them by doing extra things that I deem generally ridiculous MAY net me an extra 5 bucks out of 100 people that I wait on, and pleasing these people isn't worth it to me as a server. I can afford the loss, thank you.

I generally think that people like this don't realize that servers are people too, despite how ridiculous that sounds, and they think that they can shit on a waiter because they are going to leave me an extra $1.50.

All in all, numbers don't lie I have MY method of waiting tables and it works for me, but I'm not going to do things the way someone like springs1 wants me to because you CANNOT please EVERYONE 100%, so I try to find a method that pleases the largest percentile. I do read people and wait on them slightly different, but I will NOT metaphorically blow you.

Chances are, if I waited on you, you would have a good time, your drink would always be full and I would get you anything you needed, and I would make you laugh, and you would tip me accordingly.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #137
Springs1

Springs1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Drink your coke, and shut the fuck up, are you THAT high maintenance that a soft drink matters that much? I can barely tell the damn difference. Get out of your fairy tale world, your responses are self centered too, saying I should change my style of waiting just because you think you become jesus fucking christ just because you are eating at a restaurant.
That's YOU that cannot tell the difference, MOST normal people CAN. WHY do you think most restaurants don't sell pepsi for instance? Majority likes coke products out there, it's a fact. People CAN tell the difference between coke and dr. pepper. They taste very different.

It's YOUR responses are too self-centered saying you could care less. That's being self-centered right there.

The drink should matter if you want your customers to want YOUR TIP to matter to THEM. You cannot have your customers care about your tip if you don't care about what they want or don't want.

Quote:
I'm sorry for MONEY to be my #1 concern while I'm at WORK.
You call me self-centered, LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!

Quote:
I do my job, I do it well. This isn't my career. It's common courtesy to not be a complete bitch of a customer and be so demeaning, calling a server an 'idiot' because they didn't do things YOUR extravagant way.
I didn't call him an idiot, because he didn't do things "MY WAY." I am calling him an idiot, because it's COMMON SENSE that the *******CUSTOMER******** gets to place their own order and the SERVER DOESN'T GET TO DECIDE WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS!! An idiot is being so damn lazy as to not come to ASK first and RISK WASTING HIS TIME GETTING A POSSIBLY UNWANTED DRINK. A SMART server NEVER gets things without knowing 100% FOR SURE WITHOUT ANY DOUBTS THAT THE ITEM IS WANTED. WHY would you want to purposely waste your time? That's what that waiter did by not coming to ASK me first, by being a CONSIDERATE person as he SHOULD and COULD have been. He was only being lazy thinking of his tired feet by not coming to the table to ask us.

Quote:
I've worked at this restaurant for almost 5 years at 4 different locations. I know the food, I know the people, I have a system, and I have not ONCE received a complaint. But damn near every time I wait a huge party of 20+ people by myself, they compliment the hell out of me, and tip me well. (e.g. $60 on a 215 today; I didn't add auto-tip, and they all paid separately, 13 different checks)
I bet if you worked somewhere else you would. Also, usually when people pay separately, they don't tip based on the entire table. They tip based on individual check amounts. So what if you didn't receive a complaint, that just means people are keeping their mouths shut about any complaints they DO have, because believe me, there are plenty of people that will complain about anything under the sun, such as things that have nothing to do with the server even.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #138
Springs1

Quote:
Are taking things too far. Considering they fall into around a 3% (3 out of every 100 people that I wait on) Pleasing them by doing extra things that I deem generally ridiculous MAY net me an extra 5 bucks out of 100 people that I wait on, and pleasing these people isn't worth it to me as a server. I can afford the loss, thank you.
You call me self-centered, LOOK IN THE MIRROR!! "YOU can't afford the loss", NOT thinking about the customer's happiness at all, just about yourself.

Quote:
I generally think that people like this don't realize that servers are people too, despite how ridiculous that sounds, and they think that they can shit on a waiter because they are going to leave me an extra $1.50.
All you see us customers as are DOLLAR SIGNS, so SHUT UP WITH THE BULL already. YOU don't see us as people.

Quote:
so I try to find a method that pleases the largest percentile.
You don't get it though, that you can easily FIND OUT BY ASKING instead of ASSUMING or GUESSING. You don't get you aren't serving the largest percentile. You are serving VERY DIFFERENT people with different likes and dislikes. NO SERVER SHOULD EVER GO BY PERCENTAGES when they serve. They should go by INDIVIDUAL wants, since the INDIVIDUALS are the ones that are tipping you, NOT the percentages of people at once, but the individual people are individually. You only care about yourself instead of trying to please everyone. You won't even give it a try. You just want to base things on what most people want instead of what ALL your customers want by simply not wasting their time asking how they are doing and actually asking things that can help you find it what kind of service they desire.

Quote:
so Chances are, if I waited on you, you would have a good time, your drink would always be full and I would get you anything you needed, and I would make you laugh, and you would tip me accordingly.
I would tip you according to if you decided to order for me by LOWERING your tip. I would not tip you well if you made me laugh, because most customers want to be LEFT ALONE, NOT make fun friends with their servers, 9 times out of 10. I have talked with servers before, but generally, it's nicer to have alone time than to be chit-chatting with a stranger. We didn't go out to talk to you, you idiot!!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #139
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

This thread has turned into one big fail. It needs to end.

Fact is you don't tip at buffets.

Fact is Akiros is working at sub par restaurant i.e. one step below chili's and is doing quite well for the fact of it.

He has also figured out he does not want a career in the said industry so it really does not matter, he will be out of it soon enough.
Been there done that.

Fact is Theronin has made some good points as have others of us.

Fact is this thread has turned into a back and forth debate primarily between some unknown noob and Akiros and has run its course of being a worthy thread.

I.E. MODs please kill this thread now.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #140
theronin
Post Whore!

yeah i agree kill this thread. everything that can be said has already been said. nothing new to learn here.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #141
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Well, forgive me for not sucking your cock/clit/tits/asshole to earn your extra $2, I could give a fuck less.

If I had a cock, a clit, tits and an asshole I'd be so consumed with myself I doubt I'd be bothered by what you have to offer.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #142
kahlua

kahlua is an unknown quantity at this point
i always tip 15% miniumum at dine in restaurants with service. More if the service is excellent.

At buffets i tip 10% all day.
kahlua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #143
Nismo-kouki
Zilvia Member

Nismo-kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
I do the good ole quarter tip. I start with $4 more or less dependin on where I am eatin. I do like 2 or 3 dollars in quarters and the rest in 1 dollar bills. every time the waitor/ress screws up i take a quarter away. That determines the tip.....
Nismo-kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #144
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post

All you see us customers as are DOLLAR SIGNS, so SHUT UP WITH THE BULL already. YOU don't see us as people.
Welcome to the product of a capitalistic society. It's not too hard to wrap your head around the fact that money is my main concern at work. It's a primitive concept. Business is sales, customers are dollar signs, basic business 101. The only reason to have a happy customer is so they will return and continue to spend money. I'm not saying that I view the customer in some miniscule way; I'm just saying that I like the playing field to be even. I'm here to make sure you have everything you need, that's my part; but it's not an extravagant thought to think that if you get picky to the point of making my job more difficult than it should be, I will cut the $2 loss and give you the normal service that 95% of people think is a "great job".

I will refrain from posting anymore in this thread, so feel free to carry on fellas; sorry if I turned this thread into a debate.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 AM   #145
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
LOL.

Someone was right.

Spring1 just joined zilvia solely to talk about tipping/serving. haha
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #146
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
it is NOT rude to bring somebody another drink without asking.

As a customer YOU have some responsibility in getting good service. If you want something a certain way, then ASK for it. I'm not worried about getting a little bit of service that I don't absolutely love, I'm not gonna be an ASSHOLE, or a DOUCHEBAG to a server that brought me one too many sodas.

And thats douchey to put $4 on the table and take $1 away for each mistake. Mistakes add up fast, its how they are handled that defines great service.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #147
Springs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
it is NOT rude to bring somebody another drink without asking.
It IS, because it's ORDERING for someone else without PERMISSION to do so. You cannot just ORDER for someone else. WHERE do your get off thinking it's OK to order for someone? Especially, a STRANGER of all people will not tell me what they think I want. I TELL THEM, NOT THEM!!

It's NOT the server's place to decide ANYTHING about what a customer wants to order, even if it is free. For instance, even if I would work at Outback, since the servers don't even greet with the bread, I would most definately ASK the customers if they would like some bread. I wouldn't ASSUME they would want it. I don't care if 99.9% of people wouldn't decline, there are people that would, such as people on a diet that are eating on the light side and don't want that bread tempting them. I would NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING, NOR ORDER ANYTHING for a customer, because THAT IS VERY RUDE!! CUSTOMERS RULE WHAT GOES ON THEIR TABLE, NOT THEIR SERVER!!

It's rude when your server WASTED YOUR TIME getting something you didn't want when they could have came to find out first. That's RUDE to waste your time, because they want to ASSUME and be TOO DAMN LAZY to come to the table to ask.

Quote:
As a customer YOU have some responsibility in getting good service. If you want something a certain way, then ASK for it.
You don't get it thought, MOST servers DON'T bring drinks without letting YOU order for yourself, so WHY WASTE MY TIME and MOST IMPORTANT reason is that: SERVERS HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ORDER FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS, it's COMMON SENSE, so WHY should I think my server will overstep? WHY shouldn't I see if the server will be CONSIDERATE or not? WHY should I have to tell them? Honestly, it should be YOU telling them if you want refills without asking, because they won't know if you want a refill or not unless you either tell them or they ask you. I shouldn't have to tell me server "HEY DON'T ORDER FOR ME", because EVERYONE in their right mind knows it's COMMON SENSE NO SERVER HAS ANY RIGHTS TO ORDER FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. WHY DON'T YOU KNOW THAT? I shouldn't have to tell my server something that's common sense that they should know already. They wouldn't want me to decide for them they are in a rib mood when they really were in a steak mood, now would they? Just maybe, some wouldn't mind, but MOST people want what they order and don't want what they didn't order. I don't for instance take the wrong food when it's brought to me, because it's not what I ordered and what I was in the mood for.

Quote:
I'm not worried about getting a little bit of service that I don't absolutely love, I'm not gonna be an ASSHOLE, or a DOUCHEBAG to a server that brought me one too many sodas.
Just because you don't mind, doesn't mean other people don't mind, especially at a small table where every extra piece of the table is room for other stuff they DO want.

The server isn't supposed to place an order for you. They aren't supposed to get you something you NEVER ONCE said you wanted. You ordered 1 coke let's say when you were greeted. WHY do you think that has ANYTHING to do with you wanting a second coke?
Old 01-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #148
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Springs - I say this in my most humble attitude.....

PULL YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.

I wish I was at a restaurant and saw you get upset because your server brought a refill...... Oh i mean ORDERED a new drink for you.

This has got to be THE dumbest thing I have seen argued on zilvia.

I wonder which planet you are from.

i WISH I could be at a restaurant and laugh in your face for being so stupid.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #149
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
P.S. to any of you servers on Zilvia... FUCK YOU for ever ORDERING a free refill for your customer. Selfish asshole!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #150
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
That's awesome you signed up to Zilvia just to post in this thread. Zilvia really does bring out the haters LOL.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote