Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
Springs1

Trader Rating: (0)
Springs1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
still dont understand the huge fuss about getting a refill without being asked. its not placing an order for you, its refilling your original order. if u dont want it, dont drink it and ask for something else.
It IS placing an order for you, because your "original order" was ONLY ONE, COUNT IT, ONE GLASS OF COKE! When a customer places their order when they get greeted, they say "A COKE", don't they? They don't tell their server they want "A coke and bring me refills when I am done of coke" do they? They order ONLY ONE coke!

So the next drink, can be ordered by the customer by asking their server for another coke or another drink or their server will ask them. The next drink is a SEPARATE ORDER from the first. The next drink after that is a SEPARATE drink order as well and so on. Don't you get that? NOT EVERYONE WANTS REFILLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
and me asking "Could you please bring me refills without asking, I'd really appreciate it?" is just stupid. seriously, who does that? its their job. its like me asking "Could you please bring my food when its ready, I'd really appricate it?"
It's NOT "THEIR JOB" BY A LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG SHOT!! They have NO RIGHT TO ORDER FOR ME!! The CUSTOMER gets the menu and gets to decide what they want or don't want, NOT ANYONE, ANYONE, ANYONE ELSE GETS THAT RIGHT!!

It's not stupid to ask nicely to get refills without being asked, because not everyone is the same and wants refills without being asked or refills to begin with. It's SMART, because you will get the service you desire by telling your server this is how you want things to go. If you don't, they will do things their way, not yours, unless their way happens to be your way, but it may not be and you won't be as happy during your service as you could be. NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL STUPID TO NOT TELL YOUR SERVER THAT YOU WANT MORE THAN ONE GLASS of whatever drink you choose. You tell your server you want refills without being asked. There's nothing wrong with that, there really isn't.

It's NOT their job to ORDER for a stranger. WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET OFF THINKING IT'S SOMEONE'S JOB TO SAY WHAT **I*** WANT TO DRINK NEXT, just because I happen to order let's say a COKE the first time around, huh? Just because I order a coke, doesn't necessarily mean I want another. WHY do you think most servers don't RISK wasting time? It is because they have found that people DID refuse refills or decided on something else instead, so they ended up doing more work for nothing by getting refills people didn't want. It's the servers that are smart and you are stupid for not telling them HOW YOU PERSONALLY WANT YOUR SERVER!!

Don't you get that it's NOT THEIR JOB, because NOT EVERYONE FEELS THE WAY YOU DO about that they want their server to ORDER for them. If I order a coke, I order a coke, NOT 2 or 3 or 4 cokes, I ONLY CONSENTED TO ONE COKE, so there's no reason not to ask if I want another or ask me when I am greeted if I want refills without being asked or if I felt like you, I'd tell my server I want refills without being asked so she or he would know how to serve me.
Springs1 is offline   Reply With Quote