Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Flashlight's. No... Not Fleshlights.

I was cruising through Fry's Electronics the other day and noticed that they have hella different LED flashlightst.

I kind of want to throw down for one but I don't want to plop $100 on a piece of shit.

I've heard about lights that overheat and stuff if left on for too long? Hell if I know. Educate me so I can get my shine on.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A guy I work with bought one from Mac Tools. It was around $100-150 and was stupid bright. You could see it 20ft to a wall in daylight.

Might check into those. I have one from Snap-On but am not too impressed with it for the most part.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
This may sound like a dumb question, but what do you need it for?

A SureFire tac light is going to be worthless for working under the hood, for instance.

If that's what you're looking to do, just get some el-cheapo LED light from your local auto parts store.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
i have a surefire knockoff from www.dealextreme.com
it was like 8 bucks and it's stupid bright

Last edited by BustedS13; 01-06-2010 at 12:43 AM..
BustedS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
i have a surefire knockoff from deal-extreme.com
IIRC Cree makes the internals for surfire.

DealExtreme: Cree Lights (Page 1)
Old 01-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Brinkmann 3 Watt LED 2D Aluminum Flashlight : 809-2082-0 - Buy.com

I got two of them. they are exact knock off of maglight with LED conversion, and i also have the double D cell maglight with LED conversion as well. It's just as good, for mear $10 cheaper.

I also have surefire that uses 123A battery. Link below.
Surefire G2 LED Flashlight
I've had this one for about two years now and very happy with it, I use it very often on the job. battery lasts pretty durn long time on it. 1 set of fresh new batteries will last about 12 hours. and I use them for about 30 mins at a time in most cases.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
Agent240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Agent240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I was cruising through Fry's Electronics the other day and noticed that they have hella different LED flashlightst.

I kind of want to throw down for one but I don't want to plop $100 on a piece of shit.

I've heard about lights that overheat and stuff if left on for too long? Hell if I know. Educate me so I can get my shine on.
Best flashlights I've seen are usually the ones you get at specialty law enforcement stores very good light output and build quality. Guess they label them as "tactical" lights. I had a Streamlight flashlight and that thing was badass best flashlight I ever owned too bad I lost it.

Streamlight - Flashlights: Stinger, Survivor, Litebox, Fire Vulcan, Propolymer, Twin-Task, Tactical | Streamlight
Agent240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
jibanez
Leaky Injector

jibanez will become famous soon enoughjibanez will become famous soon enoughjibanez will become famous soon enoughjibanez will become famous soon enough
this has nothing to do with the adult toy...
jibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #9
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
i have a surefire knockoff from deal-extreme.com
dealextreme rocks!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #10
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
DX is the BEST. whenever i need some stupid gadget, i always go there first. sometimes i just buy silly crap and get surprised when it shows up in the mail. free shipping on ANYTHING is the coolest.

edit: for instance, i just went dicking around on there and bought a bluetooth adapter for my EEEEEEEEEEEEEEpc. it was two dollars. look how tiny.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11866

actually, i'm going to go ahead and buy another one for my desktop. why the fuck not.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #11
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is going to sound stupid. But do some research on what you want, there are alot of nice flashlights out there for the money, but it all depends on what kind of beam you want, and how you want it powered.

CandlePowerForums - Powered by vBulletin

Go there, People do tons of reviews on flashlights (its a flashlight forum). There are also flashlights you can buy cheap and mod to be more like and expensive one. Blah blah. Im done. good luck.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #12
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
DX is the BEST. whenever i need some stupid gadget, i always go there first. sometimes i just buy silly crap and get surprised when it shows up in the mail. free shipping on ANYTHING is the coolest.

edit: for instance, i just went dicking around on there and bought a bluetooth adapter for my EEEEEEEEEEEEEEpc. it was two dollars. look how tiny.

DealExtreme: $2.28 Super Mini Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter Dongle (Vista Compatible)

actually, i'm going to go ahead and buy another one for my desktop. why the fuck not.
Holly Hell!!! that DealExtreme site has stupid good deals.

Thanks for that link.
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
mel, if you just need a regular light. get that $3 light. if preferably brand wise, i would go mag-lite or inova.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #14
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
my dad bought me this randomly at costco: Stanley Hand Tools : 95-155 - Stanley

its pretty legit, just one is enough to work on cars. plus it bends, very convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #15
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
I just got a streamlight stinger for free when I helped somebody move. I had to go out and buy a charger for around $30. The flashlight is pretty good, but I might need a battery, it didn't hold very much of a charge the first time.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #16
RYAN_S-14
Zilvia Junkie

RYAN_S-14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to RYAN_S-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
This may sound like a dumb question, but what do you need it for?

A SureFire tac light is going to be worthless for working under the hood, for instance.

If that's what you're looking to do, just get some el-cheapo LED light from your local auto parts store.

I used to have a surefire for working on Military Acft. I lost it now, I like my LED light from Walgreens
RYAN_S-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
dynamicck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Flashlight Reviews and LED Modifications
dynamicck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #18
ZenkiMR_S
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiMR_S is making a name for him/her selfZenkiMR_S is making a name for him/her selfZenkiMR_S is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiMR_S
this one seems pretty useful
YouTube - Magpul Industries SHOTSHOW 2008 Part 2
ZenkiMR_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #19
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftking777 View Post
This is going to sound stupid. But do some research on what you want, there are alot of nice flashlights out there for the money, but it all depends on what kind of beam you want, and how you want it powered.

CandlePowerForums - Powered by vBulletin

Go there, People do tons of reviews on flashlights (its a flashlight forum). There are also flashlights you can buy cheap and mod to be more like and expensive one. Blah blah. Im done. good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicck View Post

What they said.

For some people a flashlight is just a flashlight. Just like some people don't care and buy cheap Asian tools at the the auto store...but if you're serious about it check out those sites. Especially if you want an LED light, most are just pure glare so that you think its good and you but it, but they suck.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #20
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
https://www.fenix-store.com/

duffman1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 AM   #21
charkid
Leaky Injector

charkid is a well-known jackass
Quote:

DealExtreme: $2.28 Super Mini Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter Dongle (Vista Compatible)

entertained me for the entire day, did nothing but look through possibly their entire product selection and because i'm trying to save money to pay off my cbr, only spent 3.25. not paying for shipping if the coolest.
charkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #22
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
I have a "Kobalt Tactical" flashlight from Lowes...works great. Super bright, 90 lumens.

I'm often looking at homes without electricity, or working underneath some that are above-grade...and it kicks ass, for only $40.

Uses 2 of those 123 batteries (think: shorter, fatter AA's)...lasts 10-12hrs at full power, I'd guess.

Cheap and awesome...locally available, too.

I also have a few MagLites with LED conversion lamps...this one is MUCH smaller and more powerful.

- Brian
Old 01-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #23
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Sweet, thanks for all the replies.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #24
MambaSic
Leaky Injector

MambaSic is an unknown quantity at this point
Your Top LED Weapon Lights right now in the 50 Dollar range Are the SureFire G2 LED and the StreamLight Polytac LED. Both run the C123 batt's and are a polymer based body. Make sure you get the LED Versions as they have regular ones as well. and they suck, as far as batt life.

Surefire also makes a Version of the G2 that is a metal body. The 6P is the same as the G2 just with a metal body. It is almost twice as much. The reason people are going with the Metal Bodied WeaponLights is that it serves as a heat sink for the LED's. this supposedly helps in prolonged usage, and "bulb" Life.

Regular lights such as MagLites and Reg. Surefires can ber upgraded with drop in LED replacements. Such as the Malkoff M60 for the 6P.

Elzetta and Olight are Also good companies. Also look at Fenix lights. Weapon lights can be as cheap as 50 bucks "polyTac" OR as much as $400 for high end Elzetta and Surefires.

There are many other light manufacturing companies as well, this is just a brief overview of my personal Favorites. TY AND GOOD NIGHT/MORNING
MambaSic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #25
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Forgot about this thread.

I picked this up last month, and it has been working great. They have it priced really well for what you get.
Has low/high power mode, 160lumens by way of a high power LED. For $25 I must say this is a steal!
Dorcy 41-4269 160 Lumen LED Flashlight
Old 07-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #26
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Oh yeah, that thing is pretty awesome, I have one of those as well. Which reminds me, I should put it back in my car.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #28
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
i use UltraFire KH-T60 HA-II XM-LT60 5-Mode 1200-Lumen White LED Flashlight (1 x 18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

it freaking rocks!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #29
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Oh damn, that's rad. Just bought it!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #30
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
wtf is that?