Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
Bkiesler924

Trader Rating: (0)
Bkiesler924 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Idle problems?!?!!!

Hi I'm new to this site and needed some help I just recently got rid of the hatch I owned for 5 years to get a vert. It's alot nicer then my hatch was the biggest problem I've found is the high idle, when I got it i didnt think anything of it searched and found how to adjust the idle warmed it up unplugged the TPS. I couldn't drive it around like the post said to do because its idling at about 1800rpm. I turned the idle screw down and it got to about 1300rpm and the screw stopped it wouldnt go any further but still needed to go down, it has about a 400rpm flutter at points that will drop it to about 15-1400rpm. I kept thinking it was a vacuum leak so I started looking at vacuum lines all the ones I can see are plugged with a screw or stopper and dont seem to be leaking. I dont get what's wrong so I thought yall might be able to point me in the right direction. I tried searching it and it always brought me back to the same article I already read about how to adjust it or similar posts. I've got most of the other problems with the car fixed but this one has stumped me so if anyone could help it would be very appreciated.
Bkiesler924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2019, 03:08 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
air leak.

Idle is controlled mostly by air, leaking into the engine (somewhere).

Do a pressure test. You have leaks.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkiesler924 View Post
I kept thinking it was a vacuum leak so I started looking at vacuum lines all the ones I can see are plugged with a screw or stopper and dont seem to be leaking. .
wait so there are vacuum lines that just have screws blocking them? sounds like stuff was removed. You may need to investigate WHAT was removed and why?

also I agree that it sounds like you have a vacuum leak. Personally I prefer to use a smoke tester, if you have a friend that vapes, those work well too. you can always use carb spray to test with the engine running too.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:42 AM   #4
Bkiesler924

Trader Rating: (0)
Bkiesler924 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
wait so there are vacuum lines that just have screws blocking them? sounds like stuff was removed. You may need to investigate WHAT was removed and why?

also I agree that it sounds like you have a vacuum leak. Personally I prefer to use a smoke tester, if you have a friend that vapes, those work well too. you can always use carb spray to test with the engine running too.
That's what I've been trying to do I was gonna do it with starting fluid (mainly because it's the way I know how to check for leaks) I just havent got a dry day to be able to do it. I did start a good joke with it last night I went and got a few turbo goodies for it, so I started jokingly saying what's better to fix a vacuum leak or a idle problem then a turbo hahaha. Thank yall for your help I'm searching for a vacuum diagram now to see what's been plugged and what's not plugged in. Your help is very much appreciated.
Bkiesler924 is offline   Reply With Quote