Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
kzk

Trader Rating: (0)
kzk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Problems with spacing

So I bought some new rims for my s13. Before I had tried them on my car, I had some lowering springs on it. When I tried to put on the new rims, the rear fit with no problems but the front rims rubbed on the lower part of the shock tower preventing me form even bolting them on. I figured it was because of the specific tower so i held off from putting the new rims on until I got new suspension as well. Now I have brand new, fully adjustable, non-slotted coilovers. The front rims still hit the shock tower. I thought that spacers would help so i bought some 5mm spacers. I put them on and guess what, they still rubbed. Even when I doubled the spacers up to make it 10mm the rim still hit the shock. I didnt really want to run a bunch of camber and i didnt want to put widened fenders either. Any suggestions? The rims are 18x8.5+15/+30 STR model 514 and for the tires, im not sure of the demensions but they are slightly stretched. Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks.
kzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links