Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-12-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
450sx Part 4, supercharged vh45 s14 restoration thread, yes were getting older..

Whats up Zilvia, long time.
So I?m going to document this rebuild as I have done in the past. This car has undergone various transformations during various times in my life and has been with me for 20 years this month. This will be long winded so bear with me. I grew up building muscle cars with my father 1969 camaros, 57 belairs and the like. I learned a lot about building and fabricating with this car. A lot of parts I fabricated where the first time it had been done. This was really my first project car, I bought this car when I was 18 and it was my daily, back then it had a KA full interior and AC. Around 2003-2004 I swapped an SR20 into it. It was zenki with full navan aero at the time which was pretty rare at the time. I rocked R34 GTR wheels which was cool. I remember going to the movies and putting the center caps in my girlfriend at the times purse for fear they would be stolen.

I had the first Gt2871R turbo when those came out and was making 400whp.The car was super fun and I enjoyed it. Back then we where using enthalpy tunes. I remember driving up to tampa because I wanted to have the car dyno tuned with cams. I changed to hks 264 step 1 cams in a days in parking lot then meeting enthalpy for a dyno tune. Unfortunately the car never made it home under its own power, as it blew up on the dyno.

After that the car sat for a while. I started building an s14 sr20, I had a peakboost vband manifold and fully built bottom end with manley rods and cp pistons, all the cool parts for the time. However I never finished it. I got this crazy Idea to swap a V8 but being younger at the time the options and pricing put it out of reach for me. Until walking through a junkyard one day I saw an infinity q45 and though to my self why can I fit this v8 that nobody wants. Well that?s pretty much history original build threads below.

Build thread from 2007
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=140078
From what I recall I had the 1st VH swapped car that ran, The car had the 1st set of CTSV calipers installed on an s14, now it?s a pretty common thing.. The first version I made my own motor mounts, headers and wiring. I approached mazwork about machining a bellhousing for a z32 tranny. This was cool at the time, the car was still a car but it was already going down the dark and dangerous race car path. However after only a few months the motor blew up. Frustrated I sold all the swap parts. I thought about going back to sr, or even RB however I got a new wind so to speak and decided to build back the vh45 but better.

Build thread from 2008 where the car got really crazy
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?...89#post2282489

2008 simultaneously decided to paint the car myself
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?...12#post2133712

This is where the car went full race car. I did drift the car a lot, the car did some drag racing, standing mile too. I used the shit out of it and I really enjoyed it. However it was pretty much a trailer car now and spent its life in the garage and going to shows etc. Trailer to this track or that track etc.
As many of us know life evolves and priorities change, we get older and get into different hobbies. For me it was boating, and offshore fishing. The car didn?t get used anymore and I thnk the last time I tracked the car was probably in 2012. I would still cruise the car on the street and such but around 2015 I blew up the motor racing a friend on a bike on the highway, ill advised down shift. So into the garage it went on hiatus. Lots of things happened during that time, built a new house, got divorced, got an m4, got a bigger boat. Back in 2020 got the bug to get the car on the road again.
Picked up a jdm take out with low miles and decided to get the car running again.
2020 rebuild thread
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=648710

So the goal of this rebuild thread will be to take the car as back to stock as possible lol. It runs but it mostly sits, because honestly the car is uncomfortable to drive. The true im getting older build thread, at this point id like the car to be more of a driver than a track car.
Heres how it currently sits and the specs of the cool stuff

Chassis
The car is mostly gutted, no sound deadening and is fully stitch welded.
Painted inside and out.
6 point mazworx weld in roll cage
Stock tubed front and widebody rear
Momo bucket stock passenger with 5 point harnesses
Full custom harness I built
Defi BF gauges

Suspension from what I can remember
Tein superdrift coils
10k/8k spring rates
Battle version rear toe rods
Peak performance rear upper control arms
SPL solid bushings