Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 01-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Registering sr20 s14 from out of state? Orange County

I moved from FL to CA in 2015 and left my project car behind. It hasn't been registered or insured since then (sitting in a garage in FL the whole time). I think I'm finally ready to get it out here since it seems that this is a permanent move for me.

I am thinking of shipping it here but my question is concerning registration. How do I go about registering it here? Does anyone have experience in bringing in a swapped car from out of state and registering it?

My old build thread for reference....though its been ruined by photobucket:
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=550171
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Won’t happen man, leave it registered elsewhere and tell the cops it’s not here more than 10 days. I’m a California resident, car registered in Minnesota at my other house.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
+1 if you can leave it registered in FL youre way better off

if you HAVE to register it here, its becoming more and more difficult to "smog" cars each year. be prepared to pay the cost.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:58 AM   #4
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
+1 for leaving it registered in FL. I went down that road due to Camp Pendleton mandating smog on all vehicles.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:13 AM   #5
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I should have included in the OP that I have a contact who I have used before to pass smog tests, so that portion isn't an issue; just the registration here in CA.

Otherwise, I'm already a resident of CA so I no longer have a valid FL driver's license or an address. I could use my parents' address but would I be able to insure and register the 240 again in FL with a CA license? And then drive or ship it out here and

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
tell the cops it’s not here more than 10 days.
?
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:25 AM   #6
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
I should have included in the OP that I have a contact who I have used before to pass smog tests, so that portion isn't an issue; just the registration here in CA.

Otherwise, I'm already a resident of CA so I no longer have a valid FL driver's license or an address. I could use my parents' address but would I be able to insure and register the 240 again in FL with a CA license? And then drive or ship it out here and

?
California law states that out of state vehicles may not be operator more than 10 consecutive days. So if you do register out of state just tell them it’s not if they even ask. I have my car insured through triple A with a California license in MN. There are ways around it, registration will still be tough unless you’re smog guy is good. They’re going to do a Vin inspection, it’s been a while for me but I doubt they’d know a swapped motor unless it’s extremely obvious.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:40 PM   #7
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post

?
welllll you could register it here and in two years you can register it again out of state i suppose. as far as I know, you can insure your car anywhere and why would you want to insure it in fl and ca? One insurance is enough, regardless of the state the car is in afaik...
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote