Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 12:34 PM   #1
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Genuine S13 dash still available - info inside

After a few weeks of back and forth, I am told that brand new, genuine Nissan S13 non-HUD dash (instrument panel, the thing that is cracked on everyone’s car) is still available to order.

Some info:
  • genuine Nissan OEM product
  • not made in Japan, but has "Genuine Nissan Parts" tag on it
  • current estimated price of $1400-1700, pricing will vary based on quantity ordered.
  • lead time of 150-180 days to produce, plus additional 45-60 days inbound shipping. currently it would be arrival in October 2020 if I placed a PO today.

Any interest for this? Only black dash available.

-alex
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
U have it ordered already?
Old 02-13-2020, 02:43 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
so this is a new reproduction, not N.O.S.?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #4
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Both this and the metal fenders could be big wins. Will fallow for updates
Old 02-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #5
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
U have it ordered already?
No, but even if I did order, it'll take 6+ months. The real question is how many, since these are much more expensive than fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
so this is a new reproduction, not N.O.S.?
If it was NOS I would not quote a 6 month lead time.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #6
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JDM240z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There are a few US companies that can restore dashes for half that. Had my 240z dash done for a reasonable price. Heated and vacuum formed vinyl. Great quality and USA made baby. I’d hate to by a corona tainted dash.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:11 PM   #7
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM240z View Post
I’d hate to by a corona tainted dash.
good for you.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #8
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Used, crack-free LHD dashes still come up for sale somewhat regularly for $200-$400. Not sure why anyone would go this route if not to flex.

In any case, RHD dashes are still available new as well. $830 + $100 shipping. $905 for HUD. 2-3 weeks from Japan to your door, so they are actually in stock.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #9
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post
Used, crack-free LHD dashes still come up for sale somewhat regularly for $200-$400. Not sure why anyone would go this route if not to flex.

In any case, RHD dashes are still available new as well. $830 + $100 shipping. $905 for HUD. 2-3 weeks from Japan to your door, so they are actually in stock.
Was bout to come back and post this info.

I see where the op is going with this but just not at the right cost..
Old 02-13-2020, 09:21 PM   #10
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
My problem would still be the material used.

If it’s still the same as what’s currently in our cars, that means they’ll still end up cracking down the line.

Im cool with the sub $1k price tag. $1500+ would make me consider custom/other options.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:55 PM   #11
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
new old stock? I mean, you still got to get it properly packaged and shipped overseas for cheap, wouldnt that alone take months? 'cause it would suck to get a 1k+ new dash only to have it crack a few months later
Old 02-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #12
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
For what a local shop would charge to restore a cracked dash to almost OEM-standard, that makes no sense. It'll take a fraction of the time, cost a fraction of the money and you'll have a fraction of the chance of contracting some sort of disease where your toes turn into penises.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:35 AM   #13
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
http://www.justdashes.com/
they do great work for around $1k

uncracked dashes do still pop up for $3-500, (but obv they will eventually crack as well)

If someone wants a $1400 brand new dash, awesome, but the large majority of 240 owners wont even spend the extra $100 for SPL over ISR, so. . . . . .

Quote:
Old 02-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #14
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Thanks for the replies. I can see clearly the target audience for this isn't on Zilvia, but I still have to respond to some of these posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post

Not trying to sell RHD dashes, and I'm aware some people still have stock of it in Japan. The main thing is, the actual part number is discontinued, it's just new old stock lying around via sellers in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
I see where the op is going with this but just not at the right cost..
Like you said in the other thread about the $20k S14, there's always someone willing to pay more. I'm mostly letting people know this is available and will put up a purchase link, but until someone wants to commit to buying, I won't bring any in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
My problem would still be the material used.

If it’s still the same as what’s currently in our cars, that means they’ll still end up cracking down the line.
There was an original owner 1993 S13 that sold for $20k on BaT with a mint original dash.

The material isn't the problem, it's how you keep it maintained. I never had any problems with my S13 dashboards when I cared for it, but the last S13 I owned (2005-2010) had a dash that split overnight after I sold it because the next owner used it primarily as a drift car (and it sat overnight in the desert for days)

I figured that a brand new dash from the same material as stock means you get 10-15 years out of it with proper care. Most people buy cars that aren't taken care of by the previous owner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
new old stock? I mean, you still got to get it properly packaged and shipped overseas for cheap, wouldnt that alone take months? 'cause it would suck to get a 1k+ new dash only to have it crack a few months later
It's brand new production. The only "proper packaging" I need to worry about is a box to ship it in once it arrives stateside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
For what a local shop would charge to restore a cracked dash to almost OEM-standard, that makes no sense. It'll take a fraction of the time, cost a fraction of the money and you'll have a fraction of the chance of contracting some sort of disease where your toes turn into penises.
I know it makes no sense if you compare it to restoring a dash. That isn't why people buy a new dashboard or new parts in general.

Quote:

uncracked dashes do still pop up for $3-500, (but obv they will eventually crack as well)

If someone wants a $1400 brand new dash, awesome, but the large majority of 240 owners wont even spend the extra $100 for SPL over ISR, so. . . . . .
My friend used them for a quote for his RHD S13 dash a couple years ago.... $1200-1600 was what he was quoted for.

As for the rest, see above.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:21 AM   #15
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Old 02-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #16
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
If you can justify spending that much for a new Chinese knock off dash that has Nissan stickers on it, you must have a lot of good shit going on in your life because that's a stupid fucking financial decision comparing it to the alternatives.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:12 PM   #17
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Quote:

HAHAHA. Love the exact same message like 4 hours later.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:30 PM   #18
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Drift View Post
HAHAHA. Love the exact same message like 4 hours later.
So confused by the double post...
Old 02-14-2020, 04:46 PM   #19
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Not trying to sell RHD dashes, and I'm aware some people still have stock of it in Japan. ...
Yup, neither am I, just sharing information. I thought that's what this thread is for, hence "info inside" in the title.

Quote:
I know it makes no sense if you compare it to restoring a dash. That isn't why people buy a new dashboard or new parts in general.
As I said earlier, IMO the 'why' in this case is just to flex, since it's otherwise irrational.

"Check out my $1700 dash, freshly imported*, BNIB OEM Genuine Nissan Official Parts** 2020 production, brah"

*from China or Mexico
**officially outsourced

Quote:
I can see clearly the target audience for this isn't on Zilvia...
You're right, you're looking for people with more money than sense. Try an old logo nismo appreciation group
Old 02-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #20
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
If your implying that I don't understand what a double post is.... Being that the time difference between the initial post and secondary was ~3 hours, it didn't appear to be "just a double post"

I inferred that he was repeating himself implying that the stuff mentioned in OP's followup comment didn't really matter. If it was "just a double post", well then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

While I do think its cool and awesome that OP is looking to get stuff made for these cars, I feel that there might be more valid items to go to when there is already a solution that is cheaper and just as good as his method.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:26 PM   #21
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Christ, you people are dense.

These are brand new, genuine Nissan parts. They are ordered from a Nissan dealer outside of Japan and aren’t some type of knock-off part. Nissan still has it available to order in their global system, just not within US or Japan systems.

There’s no need for me to order anything. These are made to order and the unit cost is the same, whether it’s 1 or 100. The only variable that is reduced is shipping cost.

The price reflects a full retail + shipping to US type of pricing. But since you guys know more than I do, I’ll let this die.

Alex
Old 02-14-2020, 10:45 PM   #22
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Not sure what all the hate is for, just a gentlemen sharing this information for those of us that adore these vehicles. Am I going to buy one? No, but it's very cool to see that it's possible to have a brand spanking new OEM dash for our old ass cars. +Rep OP
Old 02-15-2020, 05:25 AM   #23
S14rebuild
BANNED

Just sayn, might be best if u acually spent the $ and brought 1 in first..acually show this is true... the wait time is real and dash can acually be had... u know pictures are worth a thousand words
Closed Thread