Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Nismo90240

Trader Rating: (0)
Nismo90240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i need help!!!!!!!!!!

whats up guys, just a few questions to see if anyone may know why my car does what it does any way onto the issue. anytime i take my car out and just drive it nice and don't beat on it for some reason when it gets to around 3 to 4k it sputters horribly but if i beat on it and just floor it i don't get that problem. someone told me it may be the injectors but i just wanna see if anyone else may know.
thanks Brad

btw the car is a 90 s13 240sx hatch with a ka24de swap
Nismo90240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
240esux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute240esux has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240esux
ECU or MAF
thats wat i would check first
240esux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
NorCalEvo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond reputeNorCalEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NorCalEvo
there is nothing wrong with your car. Its just telling you that it likes to be mashed on at all times. Be happy that you have a car so willing to take a beating. LOL!!!!

On the serious side i would definitely go with ECU or MAF, then injectors. My guess is injectors tho, might have a slightly clogged one. causing incorrect fuel flow at smoother acceleration. Try some injector cleaner and run a tank of gas thru your car. See if that helps.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
focused
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (2)
focused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the roughfocused is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to focused
Buy some Chevron Techron fuel cleaner and some CFC MAF Cleaner. Follow the directions explicitly on the bottle. You can potentially ruin your sensor if you dont. Also check all your intake piping and vaccuum connections for leaks or loose clamps. Sometimes partial vaccuum on partial acceleration will draw in air after the MAF causing a lean condition.
focused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
Nismo90240

Trader Rating: (0)
Nismo90240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalEvo View Post
there is nothing wrong with your car. Its just telling you that it likes to be mashed on at all times. Be happy that you have a car so willing to take a beating. LOL!!!!

On the serious side i would definitely go with ECU or MAF, then injectors. My guess is injectors tho, might have a slightly clogged one. causing incorrect fuel flow at smoother acceleration. Try some injector cleaner and run a tank of gas thru your car. See if that helps.
lmfao hahahaha. yea dude i wish that was the case, but i think im just gunna replace the injectors and maf since im getting ready to boost it
Nismo90240 is offline   Reply With Quote