Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #91
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
I've handed Supra's their assholes at the track, and that is with my piece of shit non-handling S13. Great acceleration, not so great braking and handling.

Next.

Nice job could simply mean the driver of the supra isn't as awesome as you.

ps supra TT have been tested with a stopping distances of 110 ft from 60-0 in stock form despite their weight.

with a .93 g around the skid pad.

Like I said this is all bench racing however.

I'd like to have both vehicles in my garage which is why i'd pick the nsx.

Next
Old 10-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #92
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
you will pull so many more bitches with an nsx!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #93
shortyman4065
Zilvia Junkie

shortyman4065 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleep View Post
Are you serious? Are you completely unaware of the AMERICAN 2010 nissan GTR ? Only 1 model here dude.

Hope you have $120k under your mattress, or an $80k job in your back pocket......

Are you 16? A couple of your posts in this thread suggest you are below 18.

Actually I have a couple of people sharing this account, so most posts aren't actually mine, and in terms of getting a Skyline I never said anything about it being the American 2010 GTR. Like I previously said I was looking at one in Canada, and like Flicktitty said, he has a buddy that has a LEGAL GTR in the states, most likely from there. That's not necessarily saying he got the 2010 one...Look into it bro, you can find Skylines everywhere in Canada for decently cheap, and by that I mean 10,000 USD or less, well below what you said. Thanks
Old 10-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #94
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Japanese Super car = NSX

Supra is just a fast grocery getter imo. Altho I would drive that for daily. But NSX will be my first choice if I can only get 1.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #95
stenJDM

Trader Rating: (0)
stenJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to stenJDM
NSX

thats it
Old 10-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #96
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
hahahahaha

supra handles better, eh? and brakes better? hahahaha no.
Supra skidpad - .96 to .99
Nsx skidpad - .91 to .93

And braking, The Supra managed 70mph to 0mph in 149ft. The best out of any production car in the R&T test in 1997. Finally beaten by a Carrera GT in 2004.

But you probably wont listen to facts and say something else.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #97
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Absolutely not.

Why the fuck am I going to accept a bullshit mag quote as a fact? There are too many variables to consider, everything from suspension configuration, tire type, wear, psi, etc...

You guys can suck Supra dick as much as you want, but its pretty obvious that the lighter of the two will be the better performer.

I guess some guys just like fat chicks, all good.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #98
hock08

Trader Rating: (1)
hock08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i havnt seen to much of an aftermarket for a nsx.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #99
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
You guys can suck Supra dick as much as you want
ahahahahah........... I hate supra's

Quote:
Originally Posted by hock08 View Post
i havnt seen to much of an aftermarket for a nsx.
You just have to look harder
Old 10-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #100
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
light & vague steering is absolutely unacceptable imo.
that pretty much rules out the Supra (or most Toyotas for that matter)
i'd pick the NSX by default

FD would be my top choice.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #101
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Absolutely not.

Why the fuck am I going to accept a bullshit mag quote as a fact? There are too many variables to consider, everything from suspension configuration, tire type, wear, psi, etc...

You guys can suck Supra dick as much as you want, but its pretty obvious that the lighter of the two will be the better performer.

I guess some guys just like fat chicks, all good.

you're an idiot

you're talking about handing supras their ass on the track with your s13 and then go talking about a magazine
"everything from suspension configuration, tire type, wear, psi, etc..."

If anything the magazine has a better controlled environment because most test are done with stock vehicles at the same facility.

Regarding performance of heavier cars vs lighter cars

hahha man if you were doing highschool physics your idea would be right. In the real world this idea is only part of the story. Its not only how much a car weighs its where the weight is placed. Despite the hefty size of a the supra most of its weight is centered or lowering the center of gravity of that vehicle. Yes mass will result in a higher intertia but thats what the bigger brakes, bigger tires and more power was designed for. sigh....

And let me ask you this.... if you weren't taking information from a magazine

where did you come up with the idea that an nsx

accelerates, brakes , and handles better than a supra ?

I'm not riding supra dick just trying to pull the wool from over your eyes. The supra is far from being a perfect car, nor is it cheap, which is why i picked a 240 as a track vehicle. But to simply say a nsx is a super car and a supra isn't despite the fact that they put similar numbers out is dumb. The only thing that would make the nsx a super car and the supra not was the original msrp. Performance wise its a toss up, but you got one thing right about the NSX's supercar prowlness the depreciation rate. 100k to 20 k in 10-20 years
vs 40k to 20 k in 10-20 years.

As far as the choices i'd still tell his friend to get an NSX cuz he'll probably kill himself in a supra.

Next...
Old 10-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #102
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
you're an idiot

you're talking about handing supras their ass on the track with your s13 and then go talking about a magazine
"everything from suspension configuration, tire type, wear, psi, etc..."

If anything the magazine has a better controlled environment because most test are done with stock vehicles at the same facility.

Regarding performance of heavier cars vs lighter cars

hahha man if you were doing highschool physics your idea would be right. In the real world this idea is only part of the story. Its not only how much a car weighs its where the weight is placed. Despite the hefty size of a the supra most of its weight is centered or lowering the center of gravity of that vehicle. Yes mass will result in a higher intertia but thats what the bigger brakes, bigger tires and more power was designed for. sigh....

And let me ask you this.... if you weren't taking information from a magazine

where did you come up with the idea that an nsx

accelerates, brakes , and handles better than a supra ?

I'm not riding supra dick just trying to pull the wool from over your eyes. The supra is far from being a perfect car, nor is it cheap, which is why i picked a 240 as a track vehicle. But to simply say a nsx is a super car and a supra isn't despite the fact that they put similar numbers out is dumb. The only thing that would make the nsx a super car and the supra not was the original msrp. Performance wise its a toss up, but you got one thing right about the NSX's supercar prowlness the depreciation rate. 100k to 20 k in 10-20 years
vs 40k to 20 k in 10-20 years.

As far as the choices i'd still tell his friend to get an NSX cuz he'll probably kill himself in a supra.

Next...

The NSX is honda's super car if your put a NSX on a road course next to the supra a NSX would have a better lap time every time hands down. And where do you get 100k now 20k??? You know there are still stock NSX's going for 50k right??
Old 10-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #103
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
The NSX is honda's super car if your put a NSX on a road course next to the supra a NSX would have a better lap time every time hands down. And where do you get 100k now 20k??? You know there are still stock NSX's going for 50k right??

oh please how arey ou gonna prove that a supra will have a slower time. Tsukuba ? please get the fack out of here with that option/ best motoring bullshit. Remember the supra was down 40 hp from jdm version to the usdm version. get outta here. 50 k big woop i could tell you that there was a stock supra that went for 100 % value 10 years later. We're going by percentage not overall value. get outta here.

I think the supra was the only japanese super car that came to the US with better numbers than their japanese market counter parts.

anyways still tell your friend to get the NSX so he won't kill himself in a supra, because its faster

next....

next....
Old 10-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #104
sleep
Zilvia Addict

sleep is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyman4065 View Post
Actually I have a couple of people sharing this account, so most posts aren't actually mine, and in terms of getting a Skyline I never said anything about it being the American 2010 GTR. Like I previously said I was looking at one in Canada, and like Flicktitty said, he has a buddy that has a LEGAL GTR in the states, most likely from there. That's not necessarily saying he got the 2010 one...Look into it bro, you can find Skylines everywhere in Canada for decently cheap, and by that I mean 10,000 USD or less, well below what you said. Thanks
There is no such thing as a legal skyline. Have you not read any of the threads here pertaining to that situation? The feds have been confiscating and crushing 'legal' skylines. The previous loopholes have been closed.

When i said $120k i was referring to the markup on the new and only legal version of the skyline. Sticker for $80 and sell for $120
Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #105
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
oh please how arey ou gonna prove that a supra will have a slower time. Tsukuba ? please get the fack out of here with that option/ best motoring bullshit. Remember the supra was down 40 hp from jdm version to the usdm version. get outta here. 50 k big woop i could tell you that there was a stock supra that went for 100 % value 10 years later. We're going by percentage not overall value. get outta here.

I think the supra was the only japanese super car that came to the US with better numbers than their japanese market counter parts.

anyways still tell your friend to get the NSX so he won't kill himself in a supra, because its faster

next....

next....
And how are u soooo sure the NSX wont win. The reason I say it will is the fact they built the NSX for a handling point not go fast in a straight line. Its a proven fact rear engine cars out preform mid engine cars on tracks. And WOW I cant believe you brought out a fact that supra's came with 40 less hp wow your a idiot are you trying to prove something with that??? When you show me a stock supra going for over 25k ill leave this thread.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #106
shortyman4065
Zilvia Junkie

Well even if that was true I'd still get one. I'd take that risk just to have one, they're one of my favorite cars...and if something like that happened I wouldn't regret buying it.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #107
hammer.time

hammer.time is an unknown quantity at this point
Well talking from personal experience, I own a 94 supra TT, i would buy the supra. As far as performance wise you will not really find another platform that will take to modifying the way a supra will. Stock block has been shown to be good up to 900hp before it needs rebuilding, and the getrag will take well over 1000 hp. The supra has much more of an aftermarket but modifying one can get very expensive, its very addicting.

I personally love the nsx and is going to be my next vehicle purchase, but i wouldn't give up my supra for one, unless it was a veilside widebody nsx. As far as being rare supras are pretty rare themselves there are only 6000 some odd TT supras, and under 12000 ever in the US. I don't really know the production numbers on the nsx.

As far as saying there are no stock supras going for more than 25k you will be very much mistaken. There are alot of low miles 97/98's that will go for over 30k easy. I have seen low miles modified supras go for 50-60 with ease, and titan motorsports and other have sold highly modified street cars in the 100k neighborhood
Old 10-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #108
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
And how are u soooo sure the NSX wont win. The reason I say it will is the fact they built the NSX for a handling point not go fast in a straight line. Its a proven fact rear engine cars out preform mid engine cars on tracks. And WOW I cant believe you brought out a fact that supra's came with 40 less hp wow your a idiot are you trying to prove something with that??? When you show me a stock supra going for over 25k ill leave this thread.

how are you going to question me about being "sooooo sure" that the supra would win... I never said I was positive. You said hands down the nsx would turn out a faster time on a road course so I asked you how are you so positive and you returned by asking me the same question??? wtf dood

What was the supra design for ? According to 90 percent of you nsx "dick" riders (sorry I just like using colorful language from other members on this forum) its only good for straight lines.... but on the paper it performs just as well if not better than every performance aspect.

And the only reason why i proposed the 40 more hp is because people like to refer to best motoring videos etc of japanese cars racing when we're talking about USDM vehicles.

I mean don't get me wrong nsx is a great car i just don't get how people can find the nsx to be a "superior" car.... when it really isn't.

People are saying hands down blah balh blah when in reality all it is is an opinion without facts. And the funny thing is I find similarities between laker haters and supra haters they'll call supra owners for supra fans (laker fans) that they are dick riders or band wagoners when really they are just supra haters.

Kinda like when people hate on Kobe... when they should really stand back and realize the accomplishments that a person does and appreciate it. I mean yah you can hate him as a person but the numbers are there.

Like a supra. Sure hate the car for it being on fast and furious or for being a fan boy car.... but in the end it puts out the number so just appreciate it rather than bag on it. To put out the performance for its price/weight/whatever reason you may want to lay down, its still just as awesome as an NSX.... and if you deny that then what can i say more ?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #109
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
how are you going to question me about being "sooooo sure" that the supra would win... I never said I was positive. You said hands down the nsx would turn out a faster time on a road course so I asked you how are you so positive and you returned by asking me the same question??? wtf dood

What was the supra design for ? According to 90 percent of you nsx "dick" riders (sorry I just like using colorful language from other members on this forum) its only good for straight lines.... but on the paper it performs just as well if not better than every performance aspect.

And the only reason why i proposed the 40 more hp is because people like to refer to best motoring videos etc of japanese cars racing when we're talking about USDM vehicles.

I mean don't get me wrong nsx is a great car i just don't get how people can find the nsx to be a "superior" car.... when it really isn't.

People are saying hands down blah balh blah when in reality all it is is an opinion without facts. And the funny thing is I find similarities between laker haters and supra haters they'll call supra owners for supra fans (laker fans) that they are dick riders or band wagoners when really they are just supra haters.

Kinda like when people hate on Kobe... when they should really stand back and realize the accomplishments that a person does and appreciate it. I mean yah you can hate him as a person but the numbers are there.

Like a supra. Sure hate the car for it being on fast and furious or for being a fan boy car.... but in the end it puts out the number so just appreciate it rather than bag on it. To put out the performance for its price/weight/whatever reason you may want to lay down, its still just as awesome as an NSX.... and if you deny that then what can i say more ?
The reason I am so sure is because the NSX is built for handling ie track car. Yes on PAPER it might say it, but paper has nothing to do with the real cars on a real track. No I do not turn to best motoring for answers. I hate supra's because everyone loves them and I see one on every fucking corner. I would rather have a modded NSX then a modded supra I like to atleast try and be different.

Personally I would turn down both cars and get something else.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #110
hammer.time

where do u live that you see a supra on every corner....
Old 10-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #111
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
I've handed Supra's their assholes at the track, and that is with my piece of shit non-handling S13. Great acceleration, not so great braking and handling.

Next.
haha. done and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #112
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer.time View Post
I love mine, even though its n-a i think im the only person for 40 miles that owns one. Theres one other guy that has a TT that's kinda far and i love his car. I see nsx's every once an awhile. But even when I'm driving my supra around and i see another one i stare at it almost as if i never saw one before. Just when you see a supra sitting in a parking lot you instantly know its probably the most rare and beautiful car there.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #113
hammer.time

Its just sad how people always hate on things they have no experience with. I have driven a nsx and it doesn't hold a candle to my car performance wise. Looks are a toss up i think supras draw just as much attention. To be honest I have yet to drive anything that handles and performs as good as my supra does, granted its not stock, i have coilovers that are professionally set, better rotors and pads with the stock tt calipers, strut bars, ss lines, and the motor is totally rebuilt with a single turbo setup, but my car isnt 1/4 of some of the other supras out on the streets. I wonder how many nsx's on the road even break 500whp? I can gaurantee it is nothing close to the number of supras with that power.

I also looked up the production numbers and in the us from 91 to 01 there were 8087 nsx's produced which is more than all the TT supras in the us
Old 10-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #114
shortyman4065
Zilvia Junkie

Either way we're both getting one or the other, and I wouldn't mind having either car.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #115
hammer.time

i would recommend just driving both and buy what feels best for you. I would also recommend driving a supra with atleast "BPU"(i hate that term as much as everyone else), because stock TT to even that level of upgrades is a day and night difference.

Another thing to consider is differences in insurance prices. I havent priced a nsx for insurance but could be a big difference.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #116
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Quote:
Its just sad how people always hate on things they have no experience with. I have driven a nsx and it doesn't hold a candle to my car performance wise. Looks are a toss up i think supras draw just as much attention. To be honest I have yet to drive anything that handles and performs as good as my supra does, granted its not stock, i have coilovers that are professionally set, better rotors and pads with the stock tt calipers, strut bars, ss lines, and the motor is totally rebuilt with a single turbo setup, but my car isnt 1/4 of some of the other supras out on the streets. I wonder how many nsx's on the road even break 500whp? I can gaurantee it is nothing close to the number of supras with that power.

I also looked up the production numbers and in the us from 91 to 01 there were 8087 nsx's produced which is more than all the TT supras in the us
I agree.. the way my car handles even tho its completely stock is unlike any car ive driven. I personally never drove an NSX but I don't think a supra has any down sides. You have great potential for Hp out put, handling is amazing, looks great, and u got you're self a very unique car that every one enjoys to look at. I cant only imagine how the car handles after the things youve done with yours. I wish i could atleast go na-t but things for our cars are so expensive.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #117
Dalton918
Leaky Injector

Dalton918 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm Supra - NSX, Hmmmmmmmm oh yeah SUPRA fuck a honda
Old 10-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #118
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Tampa,FL supraville
Old 10-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #119
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

Next...
If someone dies in a Supra (ahem, hogan) its because the car was tuned to make unnecessary amounts of power without proper control (ahem, supra).

Lets throw a few facts down, Supra owners tend to be cocky kids with overpriced fake-supercars that still live at home. If they dont live at home, they live in a fake-ass mcmansion and think their living lifestyle of the rich and famous with their fake-wannabe-supercar.

Anyone who understands and appreciates true sportscars will always look for a spartan, and spartans are light-weight. You guys can add all the technology and jewelry, from the Bugatti to the GTR... but still those figures can be *easily* obtained from a car like the Ariel Atom, proof that even with a Chevy Ecotec motor, light-weight still is, and always will be a key ingredient when building a proper sportscar.

Regardless.... I'm still amazed how you manage to talk so highly about the Supra with so much Supra cock all up in your mouth. A car whose chassis is very similar to the SC, and yet only weighs like 70lbs less. Even Mazda put more effort on weight reduction with the Miata.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoUxeWaHrT0
^ Then we have the Toyota commercial yelling "hey check out this Super-Sized cock rising from the ground" with its over-hyped opera-esque music. Like seriously, how much smaller of a dick do you need to have to want/need one of these over-weight pieces of shit. Thinking this car is "a great car" is dated, just like Z32 300ZX-TT owners thinking their shit is invaluable. Its a fucking oldass sportscar.

Whats next, are the Starion and 3000GT owners going to chime in and say how super their relics are? Oh the humanity...
Old 10-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #120
hammer.time

i don't think their is any debate that a car like an ariel atom is an unbelieveable car or any super lightweight car with good power to weight ratio is gonna be a beast at the track or will out perform a supra anyday. The question posed is which would you prefer a nsx or a supra and i don't see any advantages to the nsx other than styling. You have a more traditional sports car design with the supra as opposed to a more exotic supercar look with the nsx. When it comes to performance i just don't see where the nsx can distinguish itself as the better choice.

If you start throwing other cars in the mix for his price point a z06 corvette will prob out preform both the supra and nsx.
Closed Thread