Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
stevejames3
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
stevejames3 is making a name for him/her selfstevejames3 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stevejames3 Send a message via MSN to stevejames3
redtop sr20 help! please read!

ok im having a problem with my redtop sr20, its in a s13. it runs good at idle and free rev, so i took it out for the first time in a while. it was at the shop, they were testing some **** thats wrong with it. its never really ran right, so i got an enthalpy ecu and now this is where im at.

i let it warm up. then i took it out to see how it handles boost under a load. the first few minutes it ran pretty good. put some fresh 94 octane in it. then i got on it pretty hard, to test it. the higher rpm range it brakes up and basically keeps breaking up. kinda think of like a fully automatic gun. it seems like if i slowly get into the boost it takes it better, and slowly raise the rpms.

the only things that i can really think of is that the gas that was in there was kinda ****ty(still sunoco 94, just a little old as i was gone on military leave for about 8 months), the coilpacks dont have the screws in them(into the valve cover), or a ground issue(which i think should make it run kinda rough at idle)

any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated. sorry for the structure of this all, it kinda turned into a bit of a rant
mods:

hks 2510 turbo
z32maf
z32 ignitor
550inj
greddy dp, 3" all the way back
fmic.
enthalpy ecu, supposed to be tunes for 16-18 lbs. as close to 300 hp as i can get on a relativley safe tune.
stevejames3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
blownmotor
Zilvia Junkie

blownmotor is on the path to ruinblownmotor is on the path to ruin
bolt down your coil packs first ,possibly a bad maf
blownmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
my old car did the same thing when i had a bad (corroded) chassis ground.
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
stevejames3
Zilvia Member

stevejames3 is making a name for him/her selfstevejames3 is making a name for him/her self
thanks guys im gonna try those out.

anyone else have any ideas?
Old 04-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
stevejames3
Zilvia Member

talked to enthalpy today and he said he tuned it for 91 for some reason. i run 94. would that make a huge difference?
Old 04-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
nopes, that just means you have a bit of leeway from detonating. What spark plugs are you running and what are they gapped at?

Try running some BCPR7ES-11 and gap them down to .030, if its still breaking up, gap it down to .025.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Hows your timing? 15 degrees BTDC?
Old 04-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #8
stevejames3
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
nopes, that just means you have a bit of leeway from detonating. What spark plugs are you running and what are they gapped at?

Try running some BCPR7ES-11 and gap them down to .030, if its still breaking up, gap it down to .025.
yeah thats what i thought. right now im running ngk the bkr7 or whatever. who makes the bcpr7es? im not sure their gap. im getting the car back hopefully on monday. i had it at the shop so they could run some "tests". im gonna do the gap, ground kit, and bolt those coilpacks down, and check the fuel pump and shit. see what happens. it ran good at first but after i got on it a few times it started breaking up. or if i just "mash it". it seems to take the boost better if i slowly raise the rpms.