Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
weird overheating problem

When i drive my temp guage would rise all the way to the top and stay there for about a min then itll go back down to normal temp... then itll rise up again the next 20-40 min and over n over I don't know what the problem is. =0( As it overheats i notice the rpms raise up just a mm above 1,000rpm I have a koyo rad, nismo thermostat, and new belts. Is it the water pump? i have a cheap ass autozone radiator cap.... or could it be that my lower chain guide is cracked and itll randomly slows down the chain causing it to heat up a bit?? i hope it's etheir of those and NOT MY HEAD GASKET =0(
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Skaterjunky8
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Skaterjunky8 is on the path to ruinSkaterjunky8 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
could be a glitchy temp sensor. check that out first. or let it sit and see if it actually over heats while the gauge is in the red
Old 03-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Air

Trader Rating: (0)
Air is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sounds like a headgasket to me. I had this issue with my car and couldnt figure it out. It wouldnt overheat at idle, but as soon as i put load on the motor it began to overheat.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ka's are temperamental. First check your oil and water and make sure they aren't contaminated with each other (water/coolant + oil = chocolate milk...also look to see if there are any oil rainbows in your water, good indication if you are about to have a hg go.). Next do a compression check and leak down test. Then check the sensors. Water pump and or thermostat could be a likely candidates as well. Lastly check you radiator for build up or just replace it all together. 240 owners are plagued with what previous owners did or didn't do to their cars.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
if it goes up than down shortly after, its just an air bubble.

you could use something like this to make your life easier.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mityv...3286.m20.l1116
Closed Thread