Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Central States

South Central States Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #31
driftredmption
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
driftredmption is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Austin does keep jumping at me because of it's central location. Victoria looka a little off the beat and path for my liking. I dont plany on living exactly in Texas or Downtown Austin but on an outskirt that would hopefully be 20-30 Miles from work. I am still looking at hospitals and consultant companies looking for hire. I am also a big hockey fan and currently work for the Penn State Hockey team. One of my coaches is a former director of hockey at Texas A&M and I'm working with him to set someting up for me to work for a CHL team. I know Dallas has the stars, Allen and Ft worth have teams as well. I know this is a long shot but are anyone here hockey fans and know what attendence looks like for these CHL teams or Stars games?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #32
dksil80
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
dksil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
dfw area is growing, and statistically, ppl are moving to dallas from east and west coast due to more job offerings. even couple of years back there was nothing in north texas, but look at frisco, and mckinney. it was a developing, but know its huge! im pretty sure you have a better chance of getting a job in dallas compared to houston or austin. plus, car scene is getting better! LOL
dksil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #33
Project240sx_DFW

Trader Rating: (0)
Project240sx_DFW is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There's definitely a good scene in the DFW metroplex. There's weekly meets all over the place and like everyone has mentioned regular drift events every month in Mineral Wells. About 30mins to an Hour depending on where you're at. Personally I live in Arlington, and It's only 15-20 minutes to either Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Pros:
Good scene for cars. Parts/meets everywhere. lol
Lots to do. Clubs, sports, entertainment, bars
Not terrible traffic in most areas unless you're in a construction zone.
There's a decent amount of Health Care positions from what I'm aware. I got friends that do that kind of stuff.

Cons:
Hot. Then again it's Texas.
A lot of uninsured motorists down here. So, it's damn near essential to have that on your insurance.
Depending on where you're living the crime can be bad, but that's the same everywhere. I live in a decent neighborhood. Basically, you get what you pay for.
Project240sx_DFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #34
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree.. stay north of texas, unless you want to deal with 4-6 months of 100 degree 100% humidity days..

its misery
Old 10-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #35
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
if you want to get into the supply side of health care deffinatly DFW, there are quite a few companys here, i work at Medassets, and if your interested i can see what openings we have here, there is also McKesson, my dad works there lol. VHA/Novation, Aspen Healthcare, and a few others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #36
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
s13 victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS240 View Post
i live in victoria but im in austin almost every other weekend. the scene is great and there is always something to do, but i havent spent much time in DFW except for events at mineral wells which is always a blast. i would go with austin since it is in the middle of everything and there are almost as many drift events in houston as there are at mineral wells. im 6hrs away from DFW, 2 from austin, and 1.5 from houston. victoria is a fckin joke
If your from vic, than u know were Yoakum is. I'm from that small ass country town! We use to go to vic to holla at the girls and fight. I've been runing the 77 and 59 highways since 95. I was just stationed in Corpus Christi and that place has gone to help in a hand basket. The crime and Mexican gangs have gone overboard. Even the navy is thinking about closing shop down there all together. I was there when the closed the Ingleside base in 2010. There is no good spot south of the I10, Atx. H-town, D-town, or San -tone. Texas is putting in SMOG, I have the receipt to prove it, the cities listed above have it in place.

Last edited by lewisfk; 10-03-2011 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: cell phone
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #37
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Witchita Falls.. you know why? Because in less than 5 minutes you can be inside the Great State of Oklahoma! GO SOONERS!
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #38
chuki.s13.coupe.
Zilvia Addict

chuki.s13.coupe. is an unknown quantity at this point
Oklahoma is gay.
chuki.s13.coupe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #39
dksil80
Zilvia Member

dksil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes,, do not like sooners,,,,, but i dont know about tomorrow.. :/
dksil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #40
DallasTXjdm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
DallasTXjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Dallas has lots of opportunity in the health industry but if I had a choice to relocate somewhere else in Texas it would be Austin which is known for health careers too. There are tons of things to do in Austin, not to mention a more relaxed atmosphere compared to Dallas and Houston. Another added bonus is that Austin is near San Antonio and Houston and 3.5 hours away from DFW.
DallasTXjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #41
AS240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
AS240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Lewisfk:
yeah yoakum is like 30min away. dude you must have rolled through a loonnnnngg time ago. there is still douchebag wannabe gang fags, but as for the women....if you mean pregnant mexican chicks then yeah, they are everywhere here lol. corpus has turned to complete crap within the last couple years.
all in all, DO NOT MOVE TO VICTORIA. its completed BS here. there is absolutely nothing to do and the cops are crooked as fck!
i live for the monthly drift events and Planet Zero meets in Houston.
AS240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #42
RB25 ZENKI
Leaky Injector

RB25 ZENKI is an unknown quantity at this point
dude if you want medical facilities there are a ton in San Antonio. And we dont have emissions, just a safty inspection (lights,wipers,horn, etc). And its close to Austin, like an hour drive which is tight cause 6th street in Austin is the shit. And there are some nice gated apartments that are cheap as tits right off the freeway (1604 and 410 area). only thing i hate about this place is the majority of people drive ford powerjokes and think all imports are "rice". But Austin would be better to live imo
RB25 ZENKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #43
negrosx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
negrosx13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to negrosx13
im still very confused about this all moving to tx and im sure driftredmption is well..lol
Too many mixed feelings...
Old 11-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #44
ghost_silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
ghost_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Live in an outskirt town like me for cheap with a 15-20 min drive to austin and no emissions(outside of williamson/travis county). I work at a healthcare related business plenty around. Austin is a great hub to other areas. Gulf of mexico has great fishing charters. I like dallas, love houston especially bellaire but not to live. Trust me you'll meet plenty of friendly people in austin. DO IT!
ghost_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:06 PM   #45
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
California

/thread...
Old 11-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #46
caspatar
Leaky Injector

caspatar is an unknown quantity at this point
I've lived in all three. DFW, Houson, and currently in Austin. Austin FTW!

Houston pro's:
Awesome car scene! some of the best street races I have ever seen!
Gulf Greyhound Park drift events
Great tuner support with performance shops and parts suppliers
Some cool people
intuitive road system
Lots of job opportunities in any field

Houston con's:
TRAFFIC!!! no seriously, it sucks major dong
crime
more shitty people than cool people
Did I mention traffic?? cause it sucks
Heavy police presence that is pretty much worthless for anything besides giving you tickets

Dallas pro's:
job opportunities
Some cool city highways to haul ass on.
Descent music scene
Good Tuner support with shops and parts

Dallas Con's:
pretty much everything else
stuck up elitist crowd (no offense to you dallas folks... just an observation)

Austin Pro's:
LOTS of really nice people
really laid back atmosphere
lots of diversity
F1 track coming soon (maybe. read recent news)
Like women? Austin has a wide variety of gorgeous lady's
TONS of outdoor activities (greenbelt, Texas Hill Country, rock climbing, kayaking, rivers, lakes, and much more)
Some really really amazing roads to drive (limecreek, Spicewood springs, etc)
Central to the other noteworthy Texas cities
Very open minded
Great music scene
Lots of really good bars/clubs
Lots of job opportunities for any field
great economy
Austin Police have always been friendly to me

Austin Con's:
Car scene is a bit lacking but there.
Road system... WTF?
Traffic can get a bit frustrating (still not as bad as houston or dallas if you stay off I35)
more than our fair share of shitty drivers. Yup. Lots of em
Lot's of college kids
Not a whole lot of Tuner support but what we have is excellent (MZM, Boost Logic, etc.)

Summary:
IMHO, Austin blows any other city in Texas out of the water. The people, entertainment, beer selection, women, fun roads, jobs, housing market, outdoors activities. All great stuff
I will personally never live anywhere else in Texas.
caspatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #47
negrosx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
negrosx13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to negrosx13
alright,gonna be moving for the end of jan..Some likely it will be Houston and ima gonna driving the 240 down there