Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
Selrift

Trader Rating: (0)
Selrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
N/A to TT, why is it so frowned upon

I do not understand why everyone says its so difficult to do an na to turbo on cars with turbo variants. You MUST SWAP the turbo motor in. Compression compression compression right.? wrong... Why is it so passed over to put the turbo internals and supporting equipment? If you are doing to swap and you don't tear into the new motor and refresh it or build it up, then I think you are asking for trouble so not needing to buy parts or tear a motor apart are not excuses. You were going to need to do a new harness either way, fuel pump as well. Drive train, if you plan on outputting significant power. Then there is also oil lines, which is a huge thing for everyone as to why just having the turbo swap. There are solutions and you don't have to be an engineer to do them. They have multiple ways for most applications to tap into pressure side and its not hard to set something up on your oil pan for returns, may need to make a trip to a local shop to get it fabricated up, but not impossible.

So I ask again why does it always have to be just swap the other motor when almost every part of the swap could be done without paying for a motor that should most likely be tore apart and rebuilt?