Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #31
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
Isn't the 24th another night event?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #32
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrms13 View Post
Isn't the 24th another night event?
they have both day and night event.

I just came back 2 days ago for SoW Night event CCW.

Let me tell ya, I didn't think I sucked so badly just because it was at night and first time in CCW configuration. however....

...WORTH IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:28 AM   #33
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Holy crap for some reason our last update did not post!

Our last event was held at Chuckwalla Raceway on September 29th!

This calm Sunday led us to a great day with an open track for the majority of time that we were there!

Most people left halfway though the day, but for the street class guys there was a lot of reward!

We had about 8 cars participate and considering that the day only had about 40-50 cars that was a pretty good slice of the pie!

Street Class results:
1st Parin T.(g35) 2:09.796
2nd Nazar M. (350z) 2:14.576
3rd Blake S. (350z) 2:17.948
4th Gun W. (370z) 2:17.980

Modified class results:
1st James C. (350z) 2:03.645
2nd Mike T. (S14) 2:14.878

Overall Rankings for the 2013 Nissan Competition after Round 7!

Street Class rankings:
1st Martin Choi(370z) 30pts
2nd Greg Seeman(370z) 28pts
3rd Parin Thalangdee(G35) 24pts

4th Brandon Mendoza(350z) 18pts
5th Steve Rice(370z) 14pts
6thMike Gamboa Jr.(240sx) 13pts
7th Moses Vasquez(r34) 10pts
7th David Lopez(Z34) 10pts
8th Adam Sakowicz (G35 coupe) 9pts
9th Leo Barana(370z nismo) 8pts
9th Craig Simonian(300zx) 8pts
9th Nazar Monadaca (350z) 8pts
10th Jonathan Kim (370z) 6pts
10th Michael Trieu(240sx) 6pts
10th Hotep Brown(300zx) 6pts
10th Blake Sherman (350z) 6pts
11th David Cooper(350z) 5pts
11th Gunawan Wiyono (370z) 5pts
12th Chuck Beals(300zx) 4pts

Modified class rankings:
1st Will Watanna(240sx-sr20) 54pts
2nd Adam Knapik(s14) 20pts
3rd Len Novak(350z) 16pts

4th Ian Domingo(350z) 15pts
5th Chris Willard(350z) 14pts
5th Patrick Chio(350z) 14pts
6th James Chang(350z) 10pts
7th Erik Tarui(350z) 6pts
8th Brian Hendricks(350z) 5pts
8th Kenny Sunada(350z) 5pts

Thanks guys and don't forget to give our sponsors a shout!

Make sure you submit your pictures to Berk Technology, OS Giken, and Swift springs if you want to redeem their prizes.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #34
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Why didn't I ever see this post? It may have lit a fire under my ass to get my car finished before the end of summer.

Next year, I'll be the only 240SX out there acting like a Miata. Low power, skinny rubber by 240SX standards, gearing limited, forced to make my momentum count.
KA24DESOneThree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #35
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Why didn't I ever see this post? It may have lit a fire under my ass to get my car finished before the end of summer.

Next year, I'll be the only 240SX out there acting like a Miata. Low power, skinny rubber by 240SX standards, gearing limited, forced to make my momentum count.
Then we can be head to head!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #36
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to at least one track day a month, and hopefully more.

You guys have A LOT of events planned next year. Between ES and SV, I'll be able to get in plenty of practice before the 2015 RTA season.
KA24DESOneThree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #37
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
motor builds should be open for as long as it remains NA. I'm down to do some track time next year and build an KA24DE, HC, ITBs, Honda ECU conversion.

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #38
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPerformance View Post
motor builds should be open for as long as it remains NA. I'm down to do some track time next year and build an KA24DE, HC, ITBs, Honda ECU conversion.
We are allowing built NA motors!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #39
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPerformance View Post
Yeah, REALISTICALLY there are hardly any ACTUALLY BUILT N/A KA's (or SR's) out there anyways. No point in making super strict rules.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #40
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
any updates on this??

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #41
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Good time to bring it back from the dead. Ill be running this season. s13 coupe just your bolt on intake header exhaust. Install cams and a tune mid season.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #42
200mph240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
200mph240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is Amazing!!!!

This is great!!! You should have a class for a stock NA 240sx's maybe allow like a intake and cat back, brake pads and tires to be upgraded, but keep the original tire size. Than do another class with like a certain power limit and another class that is unlimited all out NA with no restrictions on anything. Maybe throw in some SR20's in there. Cause I'd love to track my 390Whp S13 with an S14 SR in it. And bring my NA 240 for the other events. It would be cool as heck to participate in couple events in same day. I did some TimeAttack before and this kind of sounds like it. Go for it man!!!!!!!!!!!! Give us somewhere to race. I'm tired of not being able to have a lot of options for racing. You can even do like a GT class. Where all you have to do is use a certain engine and everything is unlimited.
200mph240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #43
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
YEa... Im whipping up a stree/play car to save gas..lollollol KADE I did a basic lil topend refresh... Bone stock

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 PM   #44
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection

Awesome time at HTM this sat. Any other 240s planning for chuckwalla on april 6th?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #45
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
I might go to Chuckwalla that day...

too bad 240 isn't ready yet...
Old 03-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #46
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
I'm confused, this is the North American series, yet it only takes place in CA? ...you guys worried about us East Coast guys or what? ;P Hahah just razin. Looks fun.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #47
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

I wish we had the coin to travel around. Still trying to get the 240s to come out.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:13 AM   #48
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
haha i know I was just ball bustin. I know I couldn't justify the cross country drive lol!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #49
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
What, no CA20E S12 love?!

J/k. Sounds like a good way to get people on track to do something competitive without breaking the bank. I'd be happy to build something, but like codyace I'm on the wrong coast haha.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #50
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

So the last Event of the year is This sunday November 30th at Big Willow. Any 240s ready or getting ready for next year?
Old 12-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #51
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Old 12-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #52
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
No results from Willow? I'm curious to see the times...
Old 12-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #53
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Big willow rain and then track dried up these are best times.
So some times i have readily available.

370z rs-3 bc br coils 1:41.671
G35 stock federal 595 automatic 1:42.784
Nismo 350z rs-3 Spec Z mods 1:36.818

the 240s I ran my 240 but without timing since i was helping at the event.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #54
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotacotaco View Post
Big willow rain and then track dried up these are best times.
So some times i have readily available.

370z rs-3 bc br coils 1:41.671
G35 stock federal 595 automatic 1:42.784
Nismo 350z rs-3 Spec Z mods 1:36.818

the 240s I ran my 240 but without timing since i was helping at the event.
Thanks, that stroked me ego a bit! LOL! Exact same conditions I ran a 1:41 on the 1st gen RT615's, next year (same conditions) I ran a 1:38 on some old RA1's. Both times with a stock KA.

I miss the track, all I have left is "paper racing"...
Old 12-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #55
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Thanks, that stroked me ego a bit! LOL! Exact same conditions I ran a 1:41 on the 1st gen RT615's, next year (same conditions) I ran a 1:38 on some old RA1's. Both times with a stock KA.

I miss the track, all I have left is "paper racing"...
I used to see you at the track. gotta make it out. were pushing to see 240's out there
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #56
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatche View Post
I used to see you at the track. gotta make it out. were pushing to see 240's out there
Yeah, I miss it. Unfortunately my family has to take priority over going to the track to play...

I'm hoping to make it out to an event before I move to AZ at the end of the school year. We'll see... If I do I'll make sure it's one of these events though!
Old 02-11-2015, 02:14 PM   #57
Legend1515
Leaky Injector

Legend1515 is an unknown quantity at this point
just found this thread but im down with a couple 240sx guys i know.
Legend1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:43 PM   #58
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend1515 View Post
just found this thread but im down with a couple 240sx guys i know.
Are you out in New York. Sadly this is currently just a west coast event.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #59
Legend1515
Leaky Injector

Legend1515 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well luckily I'll be moving to San Diego on a few months.
Legend1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #60
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Ahhh YEAH!!!! Come out. The z's are out in force but the s chassis are holding their own. Would love to have more 240sx out.