Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #22651
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by aymaeid View Post
Hows the fitment of the ebay s14 kouki wing?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/95-98-Fits-...frcectupt=true
that's way too fucking vague. sometimes ebay stuff will be ok, other times its garbage. is it worth your $125 to gamble?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2019, 06:30 AM   #22652
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

It could fit better or worse than a jpf version, right? It could fit better or worse than rocket bunny too. All arts need minor fitment adjustment unless holes are just plain not located correctly
Old 05-14-2019, 08:59 AM   #22653
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:

its duraflex... i mean, do you have to ask lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #22654
KrisLN

KrisLN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Butler View Post
What's more reliable for 300hp ka-t or sr20?
ka's are beefy 4 cylinders. If you do all the supporting mods, headgasket, rings,better cooling etc. you can very reliably run 300 hp. And imo, a 300 hp ka is more fun than a 300 hp sr because of higher torque outputs. hp will make you go fast but torque is what you'll feel. I got a 300 hp ka-t setup in the works rn, and just drove it for the first time a few days ago, super fun. The ka bottom ends are decently strong. if you beat the piss out of it without maintaining it they can spin bearings, and also the pistons aren't well suited for turbo applications, but at around 300hp youll be fine. 8 or 9 lbs of boost with an rsenthalpy tune and call it a day.
KrisLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:04 PM   #22655
floreslukas21

floreslukas21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Alrighty, I need some help! My car has had this issue for about 4 months and I just can't figure it out. So my ka24e when i get up to 3500 rpm it starts bogging and will sit at that till i floor it and then it goes past it and will be fine. So if you have any knowledge on this please let me know. Thank you!

My maf is working.
floreslukas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:39 AM   #22656
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisLN View Post
ka's are beefy 4 cylinders. If you do all the supporting mods, headgasket, rings,better cooling etc. you can very reliably run 300 hp. And imo, a 300 hp ka is more fun than a 300 hp sr because of higher torque outputs. hp will make you go fast but torque is what you'll feel. I got a 300 hp ka-t setup in the works rn, and just drove it for the first time a few days ago, super fun. The ka bottom ends are decently strong. if you beat the piss out of it without maintaining it they can spin bearings, and also the pistons aren't well suited for turbo applications, but at around 300hp youll be fine. 8 or 9 lbs of boost with an rsenthalpy tune and call it a day.
You underestimate what a well built and prepared KA-T can do. Using the correct damper pully like an AATI which negates the vibration of the little flat plane crank, you can then use the ARP hardware, good rods, good bearings, good pistons, a nice set up, good head parts, and you can reliably run 400 [ 450 hp under 25 pounds of boost.
If you go shit ebay parts and run boost on a stock un/ill prepared bottom and and head, yeah, 300hp will be fun for about three months.
Horsepower costs money boy, how much you really want?
Old 05-16-2019, 11:27 PM   #22657
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
(s14) pulled my gauge cluster out to install some chrome trim pieces to it, now my temp gauge isnt working. not sure what i could have fucked up by doing this.

i checked the 7.5 amp fuse for the cluster and tightened down some of the screws on the back. ive reconnected the 4 plugs and made sure the pins are sitting correctly. what else should i be checking for? the needle isnt stuck in place, i can move it.

also i did not disconnect my battery while doing this.

yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:20 AM   #22658
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
(s14) pulled my gauge cluster out to install some chrome trim pieces to it, now my temp gauge isnt working. not sure what i could have fucked up by doing this.

i checked the 7.5 amp fuse for the cluster and tightened down some of the screws on the back. ive reconnected the 4 plugs and made sure the pins are sitting correctly. what else should i be checking for? the needle isnt stuck in place, i can move it.

also i did not disconnect my battery while doing this.

Step 1: Disconnect teh battery when working with ALL electrical in the car
Step 2: See step 1

Now remove your cluster, and go through it cleaning the connections, and placing dielectric grease in each connection after cleaning. Clean the back with denatured alcohol, NOT acetone or any other plastic melting shit.

Put it together and it should be fine providing you did not blow anything else
Old 05-22-2019, 07:19 AM   #22659
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
Whats the Part number for the s14 windshield wiper linkage? Its not available on rockauto, anyone know where to buy one new?
aymaeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:24 AM   #22660
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Whats the Part number for the s14 windshield wiper linkage? Its not available on rockauto, anyone know where to buy one new?
Maybe try this
https://www.amazon.com/WINDSHIELD-TR.../dp/B07BZVX645
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #22661
marc-s13

marc-s13 is on a distinguished road
Looking to do 5 Lug on my S13 Hatch soon. It has ABS that I'd like to retain, and I've read some stuff about an ABS tone ring pressed onto the back of the front hubs.

I really have no idea what I'm looking for, how to get it out of the hub, and how to put it on the new one.

I will also be doing R32 GTR (non brembo) brakes on the front with DBA4000 rotors, if that makes a difference (heard some other stuff about ABS rotors and whatnot).

I have these Ichiba conversion hubs.
https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...0sx-89-94.html
marc-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #22662
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Has anyone purchased a z32 turbo driver side axle from rock auto before? Used ones are going for $300+ and they have a reman for $90?
Old 05-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #22663
Sarjh

Sarjh is an unknown quantity at this point

https://imgur.com/gallery/cgWgtVd
Anybody have more info/pics on this one?
Sarjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #22664
Sarjh

Sarjh is an unknown quantity at this point

https://i.imgur.com/WAjCnD3.jpg
Anybody have more info/pics on this one?
Sarjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:02 AM   #22665
Antrax

Antrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Parting out my shell and noticed it had some GAB Revo stroke coilover. Anyone know how much these sell for?
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:59 AM   #22666
Presto
Leaky Injector

Presto is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 Windshield Decals go on inside or outside?

I quickly ordered decal/windshield banner text in hopes of putting it at the bottom of my windshield, I didn’t think about whether I should get the inside or outside decal I just bought the one that applies from the outside before thinking

Question:
If I still put the decal at the bottom of the windshield will the wipers fuck it up or should I find a different spot for it?
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:37 PM   #22667
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I quickly ordered decal/windshield banner text in hopes of putting it at the bottom of my windshield, I didn’t think about whether I should get the inside or outside decal I just bought the one that applies from the outside before thinking

Question:
If I still put the decal at the bottom of the windshield will the wipers fuck it up or should I find a different spot for it?
The wipers will mostly glide over it. Just be sure to press the edges down nicely and it should remain undamaged for a long time. I've really only seen steekers on the outside of windows including the windshield.
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #22668
Presto
Leaky Injector

Presto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
The wipers will mostly glide over it. Just be sure to press the edges down nicely and it should remain undamaged for a long time. I've really only seen steekers on the outside of windows including the windshield.
I’ll give it a go then it will remain on the front windshield!!
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #22669
pacmeezy

pacmeezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure if i suck at searching, but i havent been able to find anybody running the chasebays hydro ebrake on a s13. Can anyone link me ?
pacmeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #22670
NickyD0403
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
NickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone ever have to fill out an HS-7 form to import a set of wheels? What is "Declarant's Capacity?" I can't find a straight answer.

Just curious, shipped with FedEx and this is the first time I've ever had to deal with this. I usually use DHL.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #22671
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyD0403 View Post
Anyone ever have to fill out an HS-7 form to import a set of wheels? What is "Declarant's Capacity?" I can't find a straight answer.

Just curious, shipped with FedEx and this is the first time I've ever had to deal with this. I usually use DHL.

Yeah, you have to fill out an HS7 form to customs for importing wheels now. For "Declarant's Capacity" just declare "Individual".
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:05 AM   #22672
NickyD0403
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
NickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHand View Post
Yeah, you have to fill out an HS7 form to customs for importing wheels now. For "Declarant's Capacity" just declare "Individual".
Gotcha, thanks for the quick answer!
Old 06-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #22673
180sx_
Leaky Injector

180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about
Hi, probably a dumb question but yeah.

Just got my car an alignment. He took out all the rear camber for me but the car raised up because of that and I want to lower it back to the height it was at.

If I lower the rear an inch or so will it gain more camber?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
180sx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #22674
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sx_ View Post
Hi, probably a dumb question but yeah.

Just got my car an alignment. He took out all the rear camber for me but the car raised up because of that and I want to lower it back to the height it was at.

If I lower the rear an inch or so will it gain more camber?
Yes, the suspension geometry when lowering with independent suspension will naturally camber in the wheels, and often toe-in as well (terrible wear on the tyres.) Reducing the negative camber will often put the tyre closer to the fender so it's a trade-off of being low or less neg camber. Wheel specs need to be factored in to get the perfect stance you want!
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:23 PM   #22675
180sx_
Leaky Injector

180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about180sx_ has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Yes, the suspension geometry when lowering with independent suspension will naturally camber in the wheels, and often toe-in as well (terrible wear on the tyres.) Reducing the negative camber will often put the tyre closer to the fender so it's a trade-off of being low or less neg camber. Wheel specs need to be factored in to get the perfect stance you want!
Hmmm. I have 18x9 +10 avs model 5s on the rear with 215/40 tyres and my guards are rolled quite a bit. How much would it camber in if I drop it a tiny bit?

Old 06-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #22676
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you need to go to a shop that will do what you want them to do. as kanye said, lowering it will get it out of wack again. you really should have hashed all this shit out before letting someone touch your car.

assuming you have adjustable arms. its going to be more expensive than your average run of the mill alignment, because it requires more labor.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:44 PM   #22677
OffLimits

OffLimits is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone heard of Kouki headlight covers by team 5zigen some guy is selling me a pair but I don’t know or seen anything about them on the internet
OffLimits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:39 AM   #22678
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
pics of said covers?
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:21 AM   #22679
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I went from -5 camber in the rear (long story) to -2 and simultaneously lowered the rear about an inch...it's about the same height still, maybe a tad lower.

We don't know your suspension setup or pictures of your current height...so can't really answer what your car's characteristics will be to lowering it more. If you have full arms/knuckles, maybe. If it's mostly stock, ehhh. Best bet is loosen everything up and play with it. Or get someone who knows these cars well to do it. I've paid $200 to get alignments with fully adjustable suspension, but that's them spending like 4+ hours and hooking me up heavily lol
Old 06-05-2019, 03:32 AM   #22680
180sx_
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
I went from -5 camber in the rear (long story) to -2 and simultaneously lowered the rear about an inch...it's about the same height still, maybe a tad lower.

We don't know your suspension setup or pictures of your current height...so can't really answer what your car's characteristics will be to lowering it more. If you have full arms/knuckles, maybe. If it's mostly stock, ehhh. Best bet is loosen everything up and play with it. Or get someone who knows these cars well to do it. I've paid $200 to get alignments with fully adjustable suspension, but that's them spending like 4+ hours and hooking me up heavily lol
The guy I went to knows his stuff a lot.

I have HSD coilovers
S14 lcas
KTS tension rods
DPR camber arms
DPR toe arms

I only have one photo at the moment but I add in a photo of the alignment sheet.

I told him I wanted the rear camber zero'd out and he could get it to -0.030 max which is close enough anyway. And doing that made the rear probably around 2 inches taller.

If I drop it 1-1.5 inches it shouldn't make a major difference should it? Talked to a few mates that work at tyre and suspension shops and said it wouldn't do much