Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
How to assemble -AN lines *Approved*

Hey guys I decided to run a remote mount oil filter on my SR20 when I drop it in.

So here is how I made the lines

I got four -8AN hose ends, two 1/2” pipe to -8AN adapters, 3’ of -8AN braided stainless hose and an oil filter block.
First I cut the 3 feet of stainless hose in half by taping it with electrical tape and cutting it with the cutoff wheel.

Then I stripped off the electrical tape and slid the hose into the red part of the hose end, putting the end of the hose flush with the threads.

Then I lubricated the blue part of the hose end with some white lithium grease.

Next I clamped the red part into the vice using an AN assembly clamp and pushed the blue part of the AN fitting into the red.

I twisted it with my palm until the threads engaged then used a 7/8” AN wrench to tighten them.

I tightened the fitting until the red and blue parts were just about 1mm apart.

and viola you're done. I would advise however to blow some high pressure air thru the lines to get out any crap from cutting them. Also it hides the coolness but shrink wrapping the lines prevents them from fraying.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
nice write up
but people done nkow how to do that?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
I dont know, noobs dont. I thought thats what this was all about.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I like this write up. I have only seen the other type of installer that holds the blue part and you push the hose into it.

Carlos
Old 06-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #5
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Thanks its from JEGS

Old 06-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #6
'90RPS13
BANNED

'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute'90RPS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to '90RPS13
How much did they run you? Also, what is to prevent the hose from falling out? Newb question, I know.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

The line was about 15 dollars I think, the hose ends were about 8 bucks a piece and the adapters were about 8 bucks a piece.
Well whats holding the hose in, the blue part is male and the tip of it sandwiches the hose with the red part, there is also a barb if you look really close.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I didn't know how to do that. + rep.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #9
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Thank you guys, I was a little afraid to do it too. Let me get a chance and I will post up how to do smaller -AN lines that require a ferrule.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Link to the assembly kits:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...Term=koul+tool
Old 06-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #11
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Yea this one is good http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_537697_-1
however I think its better to cut off the line with a cut off wheel then with a pinch cutter, that way the hose says relatively round.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #12
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Is this worth posting in the public forum?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #13
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Mods... Kev? Phlip? Barry? anyone?

Old 06-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
should have done an oil cooler with thermo like mine
Old 06-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #15
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

I'm lookin at that right now, however it would have added substantially to the cost.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #16
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Cool stuff

I just had Baker assemble the fittings for me

Figure I'd leave it to da pros

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Lol, you would have the cash to do that logan.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #18
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Part of my job is assembling low/med/high pressure rubber and teflon(steel braided) hoses. from -3AN on up.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:01 PM   #19
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
+ 1