Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Car Audio section? Yes or No
Yes, a Car Audio section would be lovely 233 74.44%
No, what the F#@K! is Car Audio! 80 25.56%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Rick-95ZE
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (22)
Rick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfectionRick-95ZE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Zilvia gets a Car Audio section?

BEFORE I bother any of the higher ups.. I would like to first gauge interest among fellow Zilvians to add a "Car Audio" section.. I was thinking this possible section might be a good for the following:

1. Place to buy & sell Car Audio
2. Place to show off your custom installs
3. to share How-to info ( I have a few I'd like to share)
4. place to get info and tech support on Car Audio/Video/Alarm, Etc.
5. brand name advice and discussion
6. overall discussion of Car Audio in general (for us new and old school audiophiles)

Just thought it might be good for the forum.. Just a thought for now.

1997 Nissan 240sx SE(Rb25det+GT35r= 486whp on 93pump):http://zilvia.net/f/premium-member-b...oject-2-a.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Take it literally, kill someone, aim for the face in whatever method you use to do so, and it is the most righteously gratifying feeling ever, almost orgasmic.
Rick-95ZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just have a cd player and 2 front speakers but one day i would like to jazz up my car audio
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yea i want to put a sub in my car.....

i hate all the cars w/o even a radio... can't live w/o jamz
Old 09-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I thought I was the car audio section.

Seriously though, even though there are many decent car audio forums, I think there's enough interest (and random posts) that are S-chassis specific that a car audio section would be helpful.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

I dont understand how ppl drive without something to listen to
Old 09-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
druthafoo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
druthafoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
yes please.......
Old 09-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
I just listen to my iPod.. Besides.. the 240 sound system is so basic, and other forums cover this.

This section may be necessary if/when they bring back the 240 in the upcoming years.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
I just listen to my iPod.. Besides.. the 240 sound system is so basic, and other forums cover this.

This section may be necessary if/when they bring back the 240 in the upcoming years.
Not saying I'm the only one that likes real stereophile sound from their 240, but my system is anything but basic. Check the "post your speaker setup" thread if you're interested.

When it comes to how to wire up an amp or head unit, sure there are other forums, but when it comes to people trying to get great sound out of their S-chassis cars, should there be S-chassis forums on something like DIYMA? No, doesn't make sense. Just have a car audio section on S-chassis forums.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 09-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
^^I agree you are not the only one. But.. Since there are websites (12volt.com and others alike) that are dedicated for this kind of thing, including monster audio systems, not to mention the various car audio magazines, I don't feel its necessary. Yet, anyway. Back when I worked for Circuit Shack, when they were in business, I learned and knew quite a bit of what's involved with the wiring and power consumption, etc. I, too, used to be all into car audio zines as well.

Another reason why I turn the idea down, currently, is just that there aren't very many 240 owners that focus on a monster audio system. Some people can't even maintain their car and buy real parts.. I'm just picturing myself getting annoyed at all the... "what Metra harness did you buy so I can install my $50 kenwood stereo..." threads. You know?

Now, just as I mentioned in my last post, even if this does go through, which it's not a big deal, this section would most likely be necessary anyway since Nissan is planning or already made arrangement for the new 240. So, either way.. this section seems like it will be part of this forum in the future anyway.

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
i think a audio section would be dope to see how people do there 240's with systems and how they use there trunk space wisely
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #11
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
electronics/security/wiring section would be nice....
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #12
druthafoo
Zilvia Junkie

^yea itd be better to combine all those things together me thinks
Old 09-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #13
kaking
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (7)
kaking is making a name for him/her selfkaking is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^^last idea sounds good
kaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
Suzukini

Trader Rating: (1)
Suzukini has a spectacular aura aboutSuzukini has a spectacular aura aboutSuzukini has a spectacular aura aboutSuzukini has a spectacular aura aboutSuzukini has a spectacular aura aboutSuzukini has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
we need this
Suzukini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:12 AM   #15
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Not necessary.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 AM   #16
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
how about making it an S-chassis electrics section?

people could post their wiring projects, audio setups and ask other people how to properly wire up their turbo timers, piggybacks, ecus and motorswaps.
personally im a very big fan of clean and simple wiring job.

c'mon people fitting fat wheels isnt the only disciplin when it comes to cars :P
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #17
druthafoo
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob View Post
how about making it an S-chassis electrics section?

people could post their wiring projects, audio setups and ask other people how to properly wire up their turbo timers, piggybacks, ecus and motorswaps.
personally im a very big fan of clean and simple wiring job.

c'mon people fitting fat wheels isnt the only disciplin when it comes to cars :P
Yea it is. Dontchakno?
Old 09-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
When it comes to how to wire up an amp or head unit, sure there are other forums, but when it comes to people trying to get great sound out of their S-chassis cars, should there be S-chassis forums on something like DIYMA? No, doesn't make sense. Just have a car audio section on S-chassis forums.
i agree, but maybe just a sticky, not a whole section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver;3023480
Another reason why I turn the idea down, [U
currently[/U], is just that there aren't very many 240 owners that focus on a monster audio system.
Joel, not everyone who puts a system in their car has to have a monster system. some of us simply enjoy good quality sound. a lot of factors can affect that such as sub placement, component types, etc.

I would be interested in other poeples input and setups.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #19
yota man
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
yota man is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think it would make a nice addition to the forum even if everyone doesn't use it. I feel that there would however be enough people to make it worth while and it would make it easier for that information to be accessed.

I currently fall under the category of "someone without a radio." However I would like to change that in the future. It would be nice if there was an area of the forum I could go to for inspiration and ideas. I'd rather not did through the thousands of posts in chat, tech, S-chassis tech or where ever else all the electrical questions may have been posted.

One section for all electrical stuff seems to make the most sense to me. I feel that could easily be placed as sub-forum in the already existing tech area.
yota man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #20
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i drift with 2 10's in my car. wouldnt want it any other way.
ILoveJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #21
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeedm View Post

Joel, not everyone who puts a system in their car has to have a monster system. some of us simply enjoy good quality sound. a lot of factors can affect that such as sub placement, component types, etc.

I would be interested in other poeples input and setups.
Dude... you didn't read both my posts...

The 240 sound system is so BASIC. Its very basic. 12volt.com and other nissan forums have covered basic stereo systems in great detail already. Why do we need to add to it??? A mere search on google on how to install a single din radio will reveal countless results. Even installing alarm systems is basic for our car. All it takes to do anything to our car electrically is a FSM, the product's installation guide, a soldering iron and solder, and a few beers... that's it.

Now... come time to do something like this to a 350z or future S- and Z-, and even R-, chassis... okay..it will most likely be necessary. But not anytime soon.

A decent quality sound system is mere plug and play. There is no soldering or anything involved. You buy your stereo, buy your "kit" which btw, our cars don't even need one. You buy are Metra harness. Buy your Polk Audio 3 ways and 5x7s or whatever. Once you have it all, unplug all your old junk and plug in your new. That's it. We need a section for this??? Nope.. Want a section for monster audio? Meh... Not needed.. A lot of magazines and other forums cover this too.

If there ever is a wiring question anyway, it can be asked in the chat or tech forum. Why not?

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #22
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
A decent quality sound system is mere plug and play. There is no soldering or anything involved. You buy your stereo, buy your "kit" which btw, our cars don't even need one. You buy are Metra harness. Buy your Polk Audio 3 ways and 5x7s or whatever. Once you have it all, unplug all your old junk and plug in your new. That's it. We need a section for this??? Nope.. Want a section for monster audio? Meh... Not needed.. A lot of magazines and other forums cover this too.
... and then you have people like me, and all the other people I've done systems for - doing nothing the easy way: custom wiring throughout the car, multiple types/layers of sound deadening installed, custom sealed door enclosures for front stage midrange, and tweeter attenuation for windows up/windows down listening... I will be taking my car out for IASCA SQc competition this season, and definitely have the best sounding (and possibly most innovative) S-chassis I've ever heard - I'm interested to see where everyone else's at since I got out of the IASCA comps in 2001-2002.

I get it that you won't be posting a whole lot in the subforum or whatever, or don't think there's enough interest, but coming from the guy that everyone asks for when they post audio questions (or just need advice), THERE IS A TON of information on this site regarding custom electronics and audio, and it's spread all the fuck around.

Engine wiring could be in there, but I'm more interested in a location for:
*wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts for everything (Supraforums has this, for instance)
*chassis modification for better sound (sound deadening, where to do it, how much to use, etc)
*Front stage choice/modifications/etc - by far the most important part of any audio setup - much more involved here than picking out some fucking 4x6's from Best Buy!
*Subwoofer choice and placement/enclosures, with measurements if anyone actually goes and competes - lots of info out there on what type of box to put your sub in, but every chassis is different! S13 coupe/hatch/S14 all have different placements, and I use different designs for each.

Jeez, after this post, if this doesn't go through I'll just put up an audio section on JordanInnovations.com lol.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #23
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

^^ great point lets do it
Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #24
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Quote:
... and then you have people like me, and all the other people I've done systems for - doing nothing the easy way: custom wiring throughout the car, multiple types/layers of sound deadening installed, custom sealed door enclosures for front stage midrange, and tweeter attenuation for windows up/windows down listening... I will be taking my car out for IASCA SQc competition this season, and definitely have the best sounding (and possibly most innovative) S-chassis I've ever heard - I'm interested to see where everyone else's at since I got out of the IASCA comps in 2001-2002.

I get it that you won't be posting a whole lot in the subforum or whatever, or don't think there's enough interest, but coming from the guy that everyone asks for when they post audio questions (or just need advice), THERE IS A TON of information on this site regarding custom electronics and audio, and it's spread all the fuck around.

*wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts for everything (Supraforums has this, for instance)
*chassis modification for better sound (sound deadening, where to do it, how much to use, etc)
*Front stage choice/modifications/etc - by far the most important part of any audio setup - much more involved here than picking out some fucking 4x6's from Best Buy!
*Subwoofer choice and placement/enclosures, with measurements if anyone actually goes and competes - lots of info out there on what type of box to put your sub in, but every chassis is different! S13 coupe/hatch/S14 all have different placements, and I use different designs for each.

Jeez, after this post, if this doesn't go through I'll just put up an audio section on JordanInnovations.com lol.
lol.. Hey man! Just trying to make a good debate! Like I said, if we do make a section for this. Not a big deal.

My YouTube Channel
Old 09-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #25
jspeedm
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
jspeedm is on the path to ruinjspeedm is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:

this is what i was trying to say but not as in depth. anyone who has been doing good quality install and design knows that every car has different acoustics with many variables within the same chassis type.

the the entire system can sound different depending on weather you put the sub on the left or right side. back seat or none.

not to mention what kind of sound are you looking for pure clarity or overwhelming bass.

then add in the infinte variable-settings, music type, and the persons hearing frequency range.

i guess this would be a good new section after all, as long is it isn't filled with 20 pages of "the red wire is power, the black is groung."

ps. Joel, nothing wrong with a good debate.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #26
palmdale_mob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
palmdale_mob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
This........
palmdale_mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #27
g6civcx
Post Whore!

g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
What is "wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts"?

Is this what we do every day in the Tech forum?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #28
Iron_Zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Iron_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post

I Effin Agree!
Iron_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #29
druthafoo
Zilvia Junkie

plus..

I've been itching to design some enclosures. It's been a while.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #30
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

This sounds like what is needed
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote