Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: "Stealth Black" or Chrome Finish
"Stealth Black" 117 79.05%
Chrome 31 20.95%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #31
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I was a vocal opponent of the ver1 arms due to corrosion issues and now I very impressed with this update. Too bad I already blasted and powder coated my old ones.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #32
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
THIS is why I fucking love SPL parts. You won't find customer service like this anywhere else!

I have had all the chrome arms and didn't really experience any rust bubbles. Maybe because I'm in cali?

I like the Stealth black. And honestly, function over form.

The black looks sick imo. I'm going to need to order a new set because I still haven't upgraded to the v3 stuff.

Now I have even more incentive to. hahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post
My main concern would be the hex screws that you are using on the collar, I have night mares about those things and how they have a tendency to strip out.
Most of the time they strip because people use those crappy, "L" key allen wrenches. And most of the time it's not even the nut that strips, it's the key that wears down. If you buy a real hardened allen set along with using a sufficient amount of blue threadlock, you're fine.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #33
Clawhammer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Clawhammer is making a name for him/her selfClawhammer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clawhammer
I've got the v2 arms and I didn't buy them because they were chrome, so stealth black.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #34
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
THIS is why I fucking love SPL parts. You won't find customer service like this anywhere else!

I have had all the chrome arms and didn't really experience any rust bubbles. Maybe because I'm in cali?

The black looks sick imo. I'm going to need to order a new set because I still haven't upgraded to the v3 stuff.

Now I have even more incentive to. hahah.

Most of the time they strip because people use those crappy, "L" key allen wrenches. And most of the time it's not even the nut that strips, it's the key that wears down. If you buy a real hardened allen set along with using a sufficient amount of blue threadlock, you're fine.

Also, dont ever use ball point hex keys.

Kuah,

How about gold chromate(Gold iridite/Zinc DiChromate) finish? It's corrosion properties are pretty good for almost all climates.

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=pbcstylez
Old 05-30-2008, 11:29 AM   #35
mad s13
Zilvia Member

mad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to allmad s13 is a name known to all
def. stealth black..I wouldn't be building a show car, so chrome underneath isn't need for me..
Old 05-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #36
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Bitchin design kuah! I want em.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #37
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
never really liked the chrome finish, always felt old-fashioned to me. I would have gone with the black if it had been available when I ordered a few months ago.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #38
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
kuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcstylez View Post
How about gold chromate(Gold iridite/Zinc DiChromate) finish? It's corrosion properties are pretty good for almost all climates.
Zinc DiChromate is basically Zinc plating followed by yellow/gold chromate. Ours is Cadmium plate followed by black chromate. They are fairly similar, the color/type of the chromate conversion doesn't change the corrosion properties IIRC. However, Cadmium is preferred over Zinc for corrosion resistance.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #39
water
Zilvia Junkie

water has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud ofwater has much to be proud of
Damn it I just got v2 arms a couple weeks ago & haven't even installed them yet! Stealth black is the shit!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #40
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
stealth is nice, but it would also be cool if you had some for sale without a finish, so we can choose which paint job we want.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #41
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
very nice and v3 stealth black for me as well.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 05-30-2008, 11:59 AM   #42
[email protected]
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (4)
kuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond reputekuah@splparts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by water View Post
Damn it I just got v2 arms a couple weeks ago & haven't even installed them yet! Stealth black is the shit!
If you don't mind waiting another month, and your v2 arms are unused, you can ship it back and I'll exchange them...
Old 05-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #43
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Kuah, def cadmium plating is the way to go for your parts. Maybe you guys can also find a way to etch or mark your parts, which would keep the resale value for customers upgrading etc. Your brake ducts are on my do do list this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If you don't mind waiting another month, and your v2 arms are unused, you can ship it back and I'll exchange them...
Old 05-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #44
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
You should definitely etch your name into them. It would have been more useful on the version 1 an some of the version2 arms that were re-sold though. It would be pretty hard to mistake the version3 arms for anything else on the market, but I'm sure somebody will end up making copies eventually.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #45
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Definitley good upgrades all around. I'm loving the stealth black.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #46
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I like my arms chrome but black wouldn't deter me from buying them. How about special socal chrome editions for us people that live in perfect weather? AHAHAHAHA. Damn it's such a nice day today.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #47
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, mine have like, 2 years on them now and still look brand new.

fucking yankees need to stop living where shit sucks or something.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #48
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Amazing, I could be watching the transformation of this market in front of my eyes
Old 05-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #49
canuckster240
BANNED

canuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncanuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncanuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncanuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncanuckster240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
STEALTH FTW! That is awesome. Chrome is gay in my opinion... but that's just me. This stealth black is.. amazing...
Old 05-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #50
red240
Zilvia Junkie

red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
Stealth Black looks great, I like the chrome also though!!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #51
s13.slideways
Zilvia Junkie

s13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to alls13.slideways is a name known to all
etching SPL onto them would be sick, and Stealth FTMTFW!!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #52
Zhanshi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (11)
Zhanshi will become famous soon enoughZhanshi will become famous soon enoughZhanshi will become famous soon enoughZhanshi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Im in for stealth black. It would be nice to brand the arms somehow, just to help the resale value.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #53
newblood
Zilvia Junkie

newblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond reputenewblood has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to newblood Send a message via MSN to newblood
they both look hot
Old 05-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #54
khilgers
Zilvia Addict

khilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond repute
Stealth Black. Good to hear that an upgrade will be available.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #55
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
Thanks again Kuah...I don't care for flashy suspension parts, but part that perform.

There is a definite advantage here with a real solid lockdown as opposed to jamming a couple nuts together.

I really don't like the Cusco Blue my S14 RUCA's had...they held up nice though.

maybe my christmas present this year will be an upgrade...it's around alignment time anyway
Old 05-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #56
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
for those that are doubting the set screw. Most fail due to cheap drivers or the wrong size.

That said if you do manage to strip it out, center punch it if you have too, soak the thing overnight in PB Blaster or the like and use a reverse drill bit on it (not just using your drill in reverse...left hand threaded bit). It should undo unless you REALLY overtorqued it.

using an extractor on these types of things is usually a non-event unlike a component to engine block or suspension to body part.

You were already in more danger due to having your bearings binding already though. The very first alignment shop I took my car too once all the arms were in place did that and had one arm not even locked down. It was a good shop...and my alignment was fixed, I don't know the details, but he isn't working there anymore.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 PM   #57
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Poll added.

Stealth Black cause all the ebay shit is chrome.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:24 AM   #58
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i like the look of the chrome better, but if the stealth black is going to make them retain their finish longer and keep them looking minty fresh, i'm all for it.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:37 AM   #59
dongoesby
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
dongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of lightdongoesby is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
"stealth black" +1
function > form! but if possible, gold would be nice too!
Old 05-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #60
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
stealth black looks better than chrome and it's more resistant to corrosion.

maybe if i had hydros and i was bouncing in front of a large tape measure with people standing around i'd prefer chrome.

im about to place a large order with spl. i just put my coilovers on and the only thing i have are rucas. ill wait until v.3 comes out.

spl ftw
Closed Thread