Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #91
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatche View Post
Few people were telling me to upgrade to s15 water pump recently too. I still have the s13 water pump but sucks knowing the s14 pump could potentially be bad for s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
I was always skeptic when people would tell me that, I've personally never recommended it. Glad i followed my gut instinct.
Yeah I'm not sure where/why/how this rumor started..

.................................................. .................................................. ........

wrapped my car over the weekend. Looks much better in picture.. in real life, bubbles/wrinkles are everywhere

battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #92
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
I changed out my water pump yesterday to proper s13 one.

I really appreciate your comment ralliartrsx! Now I definately see why s14 one would not work properly.

s13 left, s14/15 right

You can see that the difference in depth when the pump is mounted. I would think this would either A. not move enough fluid or B. cause cavitation, or C. both.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #93
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Itsalexwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice thread I'll be checking for updates, I'd like to know how it all goes for you.
Itsalexwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #94
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
Nice thread I'll be checking for updates, I'd like to know how it all goes for you.
Thank you!

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Past Friday, I went to Koji @ Auto Talent for yet another tune as I noticed extremely high exhaust temperature with my previous tune.

I'm glad I went. I found out that the car was making a lot less power than I thought.. around 260hp . Koji thought that it was due to my compression being high (9:1).

Car does drive much better with Koji's tune along with idle/part throttle all improving.

Easiest solution would be to run E85 and change out the injectors/lines but since my run group does not allow that, I'll be taking a longer route. I will be lowering my compression (1.8mm head gasket), change out the intake manifold (freddy), and change out the fuel rail and injectors.

I'm somewhat bummed by the whole situation but need to move forward.

Installed the splitter back on.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:51 PM   #95
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie

SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
What other organizations do you race in?
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:38 AM   #96
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
With your turbo the stock intake manifold should make more bottom end without much loss up top though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:30 AM   #97
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post

I'm glad I went. I found out that the car was making a lot less power than I thought.. around 260hp . Koji thought that it was due to my compression being high (9:1).

That line makes absolutely no sense. 9:1 on piss CA gas should not cause any sort of knock issues. Also, a bump in compression should see power INCREASE across the board.
Unless the tune prior to going to koji was not appropriate, you should both be making more power and the car should be more tractable in and out of boost.

Ask koji what he means by that statement. He should be able to eek out atleast 300WHP with almost as much torque with no knock issues.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:09 AM   #98
Itsalexwoo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Itsalexwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What is the full existent you went too with weight reduction?
Itsalexwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #99
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20PWRALTY View Post
What other organizations do you race in?
I built the car originally for redline time attack until I found out about the Nissan challenge. I like running with corner3 and speedventure so I think I'm gonna stick to it this year.
I would like to do the global time attack but the rules conflict a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
With your turbo the stock intake manifold should make more bottom end without much loss up top though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
That line makes absolutely no sense. 9:1 on piss CA gas should not cause any sort of knock issues. Also, a bump in compression should see power INCREASE across the board.
Unless the tune prior to going to koji was not appropriate, you should both be making more power and the car should be more tractable in and out of boost.

Ask koji what he means by that statement. He should be able to eek out atleast 300WHP with almost as much torque with no knock issues.
I was not being clear. So on the previous tune, it was knocking really really bad, Koji was able to fix most of that. Koji's dyno read 15% lower than the previous tuner's dyno, making my final # same as previous tune.

9:1 theoretically should make more power but for whatever reason, it started knocking as soon as boost started settling in. Before setting up a dyno time, Koji explained that from his previous experience, 9:1 usually knocks bad and stated that my set up will not make more than 280 @ the wheel.
I'm guessing the previous tuner pulled timing to avoid knock, which caused my egt to get so high.

I've sourced most of the parts which involves dropping CR to 8.5:1 (head gasket) along with bigger/better injectors, pumps, and intake. I'm planning on doing these after the 4/1 event and go back to Koji.

I really appreciate your concern! Feel free to comment on whatever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
What is the full existent you went too with weight reduction?
I have not done much of that which I need to do eventually. NO AC, gutted interior/ sound deadening, lighter battery, titanium exhaust is about all I have so far. Car weighs around 2600lbs with full cage which is not bad..

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

I've also added a separate relay that powers the fuel pump.

Last edited by battery1882; 03-24-2017 at 09:53 AM..
Old 03-24-2017, 06:01 PM   #100
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
I was not being clear. So on the previous tune, it was knocking really really bad, Koji was able to fix most of that. Koji's dyno read 15% lower than the previous tuner's dyno, making my final # same as previous tune.

9:1 theoretically should make more power but for whatever reason, it started knocking as soon as boost started settling in. Before setting up a dyno time, Koji explained that from his previous experience, 9:1 usually knocks bad and stated that my set up will not make more than 280 @ the wheel.
I'm guessing the previous tuner pulled timing to avoid knock, which caused my egt to get so high.

I've sourced most of the parts which involves dropping CR to 8.5:1 (head gasket) along with bigger/better injectors, pumps, and intake. I'm planning on doing these after the 4/1 event and go back to Koji.

I really appreciate your concern! Feel free to comment on whatever!

I have not done much of that which I need to do eventually. NO AC, gutted interior/ sound deadening, lighter battery, titanium exhaust is about all I have so far. Car weighs around 2600lbs with full cage which is not bad..

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

I've also added a separate relay that powers the fuel pump.

IF my $.02 matter at all,

From what I'm reading & previous experience the high EGT's you are experiencing (how hot are your EGT's?) are due to high back pressure. My Car has factory internals with a 1.5mm HG Factory S14 T28 with Denso 550cc injectors. at ACS I was seeing EGT's as hot as 810*C (I don't have a cat) I was reading my EGT's 1.75" away from cylinder 3 exhaust port. Between ACS & Buttonwillow I made a test to test the theory & got some success. I port matched my Manifold to my head, Manifold to the Turbo gasket, turbo gasket to the turbo inlet & made a better transition from the elbow flange to the bellmouth. at Buttonwillow i never saw EGT's hotter than 760*C on the same exact tune before my waterpump checked out. I run my car pretty rich too to help with the hot EGT's I overheard a few people saying i'm burning rotary type fireballs after the bank. (wish i had pics) and a few guys at buttonwillow said the same thing.

I would recommend welding a 38 or 40mm external wastegate to a ported stock manifold for best results with the GT2871R it'll help bring those EGT's down quite a bit that's what I'll be doing for my car.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #101
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
subbed, I'm definitely interested to see how this car turns out. so far i have learned a few things along the way
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #102
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
IF my $.02 matter at all,

From what I'm reading & previous experience the high EGT's you are experiencing (how hot are your EGT's?) are due to high back pressure. My Car has factory internals with a 1.5mm HG Factory S14 T28 with Denso 550cc injectors. at ACS I was seeing EGT's as hot as 810*C (I don't have a cat) I was reading my EGT's 1.75" away from cylinder 3 exhaust port. Between ACS & Buttonwillow I made a test to test the theory & got some success. I port matched my Manifold to my head, Manifold to the Turbo gasket, turbo gasket to the turbo inlet & made a better transition from the elbow flange to the bellmouth. at Buttonwillow i never saw EGT's hotter than 760*C on the same exact tune before my waterpump checked out. I run my car pretty rich too to help with the hot EGT's I overheard a few people saying i'm burning rotary type fireballs after the bank. (wish i had pics) and a few guys at buttonwillow said the same thing.

I would recommend welding a 38 or 40mm external wastegate to a ported stock manifold for best results with the GT2871R it'll help bring those EGT's down quite a bit that's what I'll be doing for my car.
I appreciate all comments, especially the .02!

I am interested in your finding but my egt temp was up to 950 Celsius and my sensor is mounted after the turbo. So I think it was definitely timing related. I will find out more at the next event and report back.

I am considering the ext. wastegate option though!

Again thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
subbed, I'm definitely interested to see how this car turns out. so far i have learned a few things along the way
Awesome man, thank you!
Old 04-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #103
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
checked out the videos you posted over the weekend, looks like you had a blast out there chopping all of those cars
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #104
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
checked out the videos you posted over the weekend, looks like you had a blast out there chopping all of those cars
Thank you! yeah it was alot of fun!

.................................................. .................................................. ......

Nissan Challenge Rd. 3 Big willow

It was my first time at this track. I've always wanted to go but never had a chance til this day. Amazing track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXfqw3lDVts

I was able to do 1:33.002 and get second place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1mJ4BO-meY

This was the second fastest group so the drivers were not super fast, but It was cool passing some high end cars

I think my radiator may be clogged somewhere or I have a blown head gasket. either way, I was planning on doing all of this so I will report back!

It was nice to see alot of Nissan guys!
Old 04-03-2017, 11:49 AM   #105
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Quote:
Thank you! yeah it was alot of fun!

Nissan Challenge Rd. 3 Big willow

It was my first time at this track. I've always wanted to go but never had a chance til this day. Amazing track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXfqw3lDVts

I was able to do 1:33.002 and get second place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1mJ4BO-meY

This was the second fastest group so the drivers were not super fast, but It was cool passing some high end cars

I think my radiator may be clogged somewhere or I have a blown head gasket. either way, I was planning on doing all of this so I will report back!

It was nice to see alot of Nissan guys!

I thoroughly feel your pain right now lol. in the same process right now haha.

Review Thread
Old 04-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #106
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What class are you running in for Nissan Challenge? Hoping to make it out there for the first time in May
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #107
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I thoroughly feel your pain right now lol. in the same process right now haha.
haha I forgot to mention that egt was fine during this day(1400 degrees F max) , so Koji's tune was good! just need to lower my compression and install few other parts and go back for the second tune. Hope everything works out with you and see you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ-S15 View Post
What class are you running in for Nissan Challenge? Hoping to make it out there for the first time in May
I'm running in Class 2, mostly with 350z guys. hope to see you soon!
Old 04-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #108
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie

SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey! Am running in the same class but can't to touch your times. From what I heard it was mostly Z guys and GTRs till this year. I was also running in the slower group with speed ventures.

What go pro do you have? I think there might be away to take that glare out.

Where you also driving the 350z or just a passenger?

Will you have that done by the next event?

Is that mixture of oil and radiator fluid in the radiator can't tell?

Keep us posted. See you next time.
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #109
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie

SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
haha I forgot to mention that egt was fine during this day(1400 degrees F max) , so Koji's tune was good! just need to lower my compression and install few other parts and go back for the second tune. Hope everything works out with you and see you soon!

I'm running in Class 2, mostly with 350z guys. hope to see you soon!
I think I'll be starting off in Class 3
Old 04-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #110
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awesome driving man! Cool to see you passing caymans and mclarens on the outside haha. I keep forgetting its green up at WSIR right now, so weird seeing something other than dead out here.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #111
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20PWRALTY View Post
Hey! Am running in the same class but can't to touch your times. From what I heard it was mostly Z guys and GTRs till this year. I was also running in the slower group with speed ventures.

What go pro do you have? I think there might be away to take that glare out.

Where you also driving the 350z or just a passenger?

Will you have that done by the next event?

Is that mixture of oil and radiator fluid in the radiator can't tell?

Keep us posted. See you next time.
Yeah i'm in class 2 due to the turbo size. my lap time is close to 350z guys running maxxis rc1s so It's pretty competitive class

I have some cheap fake gopro haha.

I was riding passenger in sergio's 350z

I think I may have some blockage in my radiator, so I will be changing it out.

See you soon man! your car is beast!

Quote:
I think I'll be starting off in Class 3
Awesome! What car and engine do you have? tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Awesome driving man! Cool to see you passing caymans and mclarens on the outside haha. I keep forgetting its green up at WSIR right now, so weird seeing something other than dead out here.
Thank you! yeah it was great seeing some green!
Old 04-04-2017, 10:17 AM   #112
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Awesome! What car and engine do you have? tires?
S15 with an SR with some basic bolt ons and stock turbo....running on Nexen SUR4's. No aero as of yet
Old 04-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #113
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
S15 with an SR with some basic bolt ons and stock turbo....running on Nexen SUR4's. No aero as of yet
doesn't that put you in class two?

Review Thread
Old 04-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #114
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I've heard that class 2 is upgraded turbos plus aero
Old 04-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #115
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
ooh..would love to see that!

Quote:
Quote:
I've heard that class 2 is upgraded turbos plus aero
stock t28 is class 3. anything bigger than t28 (i.e. 2860, 2871) would be class 2. And no aero on class 3 like you said. see you guys soon!
Old 04-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #116
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
ooh..would love to see that!

stock t28 is class 3. anything bigger than t28 (i.e. 2860, 2871) would be class 2. And no aero on class 3 like you said. see you guys soon!
Maaaaaaaaan I totally got put on class two .... that's what i get for building a Frankenstein car.

Review Thread
Old 04-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #117
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Maaaaaaaaan I totally got put on class two .... that's what i get for building a Frankenstein car.
haha. time to get into another s chassis
Old 04-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #118
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
Quote:
Bardabe, we have 4 classes now. Last year was just 3.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #119
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatche View Post
Bardabe, we have 4 classes now. Last year was just 3.
Bardabe : I was class 2 last year too (few events that I ran with t28).

Vatche : Would bardabe be in class 3 this year?
Old 04-10-2017, 11:37 AM   #120
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Pulled head and found that #1/#4 pistons are slightly melted around the edges. This is probably from extreme exhaust temperature..

I decided to just run this till I blow it up. fingers crossed.

Time to find a spare short block again.

Smoothed out the ports on freddy manifold

got the fabric for my recaros!

What do you do with the left over fabric? what else but for soju and toy cups lol